Laisimo Wyvern 235, A DeucesJack Review

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
6166af9bf3d03eaa1617e20a4bba885d.jpg

Full disclosure:

Let’s get all the disclosures out of the way. This mod was sent to me directly from Laisimo specifically for the purposes of this review. This will not in any way, shape, or form cause me to give this mod a favorable review or change my opinion in any way.

First Impression Out Of The Box:

Nice packaging, simple and elegant. I like the paint on this one. Wow, looks almost like an anodized finish and man is it light. Feels great in the hand, feels like I'm holding a block of aircraft aluminium. Screen is big and centered. Can’t wait to see it lit up. Love the location of the firing switch. Build quality seems real solid. So far this is impressive

What's In The Box:

Not much to see here. You get a mod and a charger cable along with an instruction booklet and warranty card. The instruction booklet is very well done and easy to understand.
854b7568ce3b8359c5d0193b9197f7f8.jpg

From Top To Bottom:

Nice stainless steel threaded 510 that is springy and has a nice long throw to it. The pin itself is gold plated. The 510 connection sits almost flush, it peaks just ever so slightly above the body of the mod. However, all my atomizers do sit flush on it. It does have a sort of semi platform that creates a semi circle look at the end of the mod. When you run a 25mm tank it will not show overhang on the mod but if you look from underneath there will be a slight overhang on the platform. Truth be told they should have just squared it off and all 25mm atomizers would have looked better.
abb2913a9373b3162054eddcd6f893cf.jpg

Next we have the fire button. It is located on the top of the mod. There is an angular cut out for it and it is really quite comfortable. This is one of the few mods I own that I like trigger finger firing it as much as I like to thumb fire it. The button itself is small and it has a trapezoid shape to it but the corners are rounded. It has a clicky tactile feel to it. It is very responsive and this mod fires right away. If you shake your mods like a maraca this button will rattle but it will not during normal use.
b4656234522a6f8d313f7605035f9425.jpg

The screen is what really sets this mod apart. It has a 1.3 inch OLED color display that is just drop dead gorgeous. The screen displays mode, wattage/temperature, resistance, voltage, puffs, and battery life. It is simple yet elegant and the colors are very bright and vibrant. No problem seeing this display in all lighting conditions. A really nice touch is the puff counter does not reset when you swap out your batteries.
d92f25b7a4f3eb91ecaa476e75b7b885.jpg

Below the screen you have separate +/- buttons. They are both rectangular in shape and are clicky and responsive. They are made of the same material as the fire button. Further down the mod you will find the update/charging port. It is not mounted horizontally like most mods. This port is mounted vertically. In between the screen and the buttons is some branding that says Laisimo but it is not intrusive at all.
272fbd5ce1434870a070ab075c7d72b5.jpg

Pull down and out to open the battery door. Push up and in to put it back on. There is some venting on the top of the door that lines up with the venting on the interior of the mod. This door is very well done and rock solid. It has one strong magnet located top center and a clip located bottom center of the door. It does not move, rattle or come off during use.
be1cf3ca8821f7b37995c6b4737583b2.jpg
b3480c47845db127e08b57b3dd123427.jpg

The sled itself is clean and there is a long battery ribbon. It has dual leaf spring type battery contacts that look to be brass. On the bottom of the sled are button style contacts for the batteries. The contacts can be a little tight in the beginning but they do loosen up after a few battery swaps. The battery orientation for the Wyvern are clearly marked.

The Look, Feel, and General Aesthetics Of The Mod:

The Wyvern has a really nice finish to it. It has that anodized look to it that to me is just beautiful. That combined with the screen gives you an extremely elegant looking mod. I like the shape and lines of this mod as well. No matter which way you hold or fire it it just feels great. It is also quite small for a dual 18650 mod. I put it next to my IPV Vesta, Smoant Battlestar and Joytech Cuboid Tap and its smaller. In Fact it is only slightly wider and deeper than my Vaporesso Tarot Mini. believe it or not it’s actually shorter than the Tarot Mini.

The Board:

The board is Lasimo’s proprietary X7 chipset. It has the full temperature control suite as well as a TCR function. The chipset itself has a lot of protections built in like high temperature, check atomizer, atomizer short, and work overtime. If you see the work overtime message it means the mod fired for longer than 10 seconds in wattage mode or longer than 20 seconds in TC/TCR mode. This chipset has a resistance range of .05 - 2.5 ohms and it will max out at 235 watts.

Last edited:

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
The Menu System:

This menu system is just super simple. First of all every time you screw on an atomizer it asks you of its a new coil. Beautiful, I love chipsets that do this. Next simply select yes or no. Confirm by hitting the fire button. Now you have to pick your material. You can scroll through them using the +/- buttons. Once you find the correct material hit the fire button to confirm and start vaping.

The rest of the button combinations go like this:

* 5 clicks on/off
* +/- together for 2 seconds lets you choose your material
* In TC/TCR Mode +/- together lets you switch between wattage and temperature
* Hold the + button with the fire button to lock the device
* Click the fire button 3 times to access defaults, update, and version menus

The screen will darken with no use in 10 seconds. After 18 seconds it will go into sleep mode. Just press the fire button to wake it up. Also, when scrolling through temperature/wattage this mod scrolls really fast.

But Deuces, How Does She Vape:

This mod vapes great at under 160 watts. Over that is just does not feel as strong as my FSK, Yihi, or DNA mods. I put my Cigpet Eco 12 on it at 235 watts and to be honest it felt like maybe 160 watts. There was a noticeable difference of heat when I took the same tank and vaped it on my Triade and G Class. At around 160 watts it was close but after that the heat on the Wyvern dropped off dramatically compared to the other two. Not a big deal to me because I rarely vape in those ranges but if you are a high wattage power vaper it will be an issue. I vape this mod at between 60 and 85 watts and I get one hell of a vape. Battery life is very good as well. I just wish Laisimo would not fall into that trap that all the mod manufacturers do and exaggerate the wattage. Laisimo, if you are reading this just be up front about the wattage. Vapers appreciate that.

Power mode is accurate up to 160 watts. When you are vaping at under 160 watts this thing just has a quick response to hitting the fire button with an almost instant ramp up. TC is just very, very good. I used it in SS and Ni mode up to 100 watts and it was on point. My one little pain when in TC mode is when you switch between wattage and temperature. To adjust the mod it requires you to hit the +/- button for two seconds. Usually you wind up changing the wattage or temperature by a tiny increment when doing this. It just wreaks havoc with my OCD. Lol.

Conclusion:

This is one of those mods that I can’t put down since acquiring it. They sent me a black and a red and I am in love with the red one. I already have close to 1700 puffs on it. I just seem to grab it over all my other mods more often than not. Like I said though if you are a high wattage vaper that vapes above 160 watts this may not be the mod for you. However, if you vape under 160 watts regularly and you are looking for a good looking mod with a killer screen that does a more than respectable job in TC then the Wyvern may be worth a look at. It just feels and vapes great. One of the smallest, most comfortable, dual battery mods I have. Jack approved for sure.

Pros & Cons:

A note about Pros and Cons. These are my Pros and Cons. They are very subjective. What may be a pro to me could be a con to you and vice versa.

- Pros:

* Build quality
* Paint
* Battery door
* Size
* Screen
* Firing button
* Easy Menu system
* Updatable
* On board charging
* TC
* Look and feel
* No delay
* Comfortable
* Temperature/wattage scroll really fast

- Cons:

* 510 platform should have been squared off
* Doesn't do 235 watts
* Battery contacts can be tight at first

- Specs:

* Dimensions: 85.7mm x 46mm x 30mm
510 Threaded
* Output Wattage: 10.0 - 235.0W
*,Output Voltage: 0.5 - 7.5V
* Temperature Control : Ni200 / Titanium / Stainless Steel / TCR
* Temperature Control Range: 100 - 350C / 212 - 662 F
* Resistance Range: 0.05 - 2.5ohm
* Puff Calculator
* 1.3" Color Display Screen
* Magnetized Battery Cover
Requires (2) 18650 High Amp Batteries (Sold Separately)
* We recommend an external charger for optimal charging**
* Micro USB Port for Charging
* Intelligent Atomizer Recognition
* Low Battery Warning
* Short Circuit Protection
* Overheating Protection

Size Comparison To Some Of My Smaller Dual 18650 Mods:
From left to right we have the Wyvern, Cuboid Tap, IPV Vesta, Battlestar, Wyvern.

Front View:
f53ec2c0bbb7e3e66b7e33c938e890cc.jpg

Top View:
8821bf7e10dbeeb681cdb00436dfcfd7.jpg

Side View:
028f4f20f8a4d0e1370e75c9c9894df1.jpg

Size Comparison To Tarot Mini A Single 18650 Mod:

Front View:
cd2a85cbb3144c50ee3ed52d4b8c30b0.jpg

Side View:
05fb49b7821815df179361b1e8525025.jpg

Different Sized Tanks And RDA’s On The Laisimo Wyver:

With The BMI Nova:
a099f091d80de3667f6d96171f242879.jpg

With The UD Skywalker:
952a0071d1c1d1eb69025424c456dd73.jpg

With The UD Athlon 25:
7231d54911eb7ee24c38120889d4b046.jpg

With The Maganus Cloud Blaster:
f8536b4ce4bff13ae9c4bd6f0481b821.jpg

With The Aromamizer Supreme:
c5d3377e46022e3680fc25b5a8e8a73a.jpg

With The Vandyvape Icon:
6c469da206f02dfb90ab89a7f2125571.jpg

With The Smok TFV8:
2eb9e37fa3751d33cb632e5565e7027f.jpg

With The Cigpet Eco 12:
f53daeb5edefeb154d42d0349ed5906a.jpg
89f54b239a64aca77bfbdc9d26c2e195.jpg

With The Wotofo Serpent Mini:
0e2ad00dea8621ccc7c7d6fe40ee3fee.jpg

With The Vaporesso Vecco:
08d1bc015065e66fb862d8f6ed0204e9.jpg

For more info about the Laisimo Wyvern please go to http://www.laisimo.com/goods-60.html

If you liked this review please feel free to give it a like and me a follow on this forum. If you are a vendor and you would like a DeucesJack Review please feel free to PM me on this forum.

Last edited:

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
That red does look real nice and I like the TC on my Laisimo Snow Wolf Plus, they know how to do TC.

Looks like my Memorial Day wish list has grown again dammit....haha

Nice review

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk
Thx bro, you gotta see the blue one. It looks awesome. I am loving the red. Get one, its a winner for sure.

#enabled

Sent from my LG-K425 using Tapatalk

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thx bro, you gotta see the blue one. It looks awesome. I am loving the red. Get one, its a winner for sure.

#enabled

Sent from my LG-K425 using Tapatalk

They got a blue one coming? If it is a deep anodized blue then might have to wait a little longer for that, I am not buying both dammit!

Any pics of the blue? A google search didn't yield any results foe me.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
They got a blue one coming? If it is a deep anodized blue then might have to wait a little longer for that, I am not buying both dammit!

Any pics of the blue? A google search didn't yield any results foe me.
I'll try to get one tonight.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I love mods that are as small as their battery capacity allow. I gave up size for the screen on my GPriv but this has the best of both worlds.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk
No preheat but it's got a quick ramp up on everything.

Hey, great review! I'm planning on buying a dual 18650 mod with good 510 connection, good chip and under 50 USD price tag. Was pretty sure on the Fuchai 213 Plus or the Voopoo Drag, but this new sexy mod caught my attention.

I wanted to ask you about few things:
1) How do you feel about the 510 connection? Is the quality good, no wiggling or movement of that sort? It looks similar to the IPV 8 center pin and that has a history of getting loose, so I'm a bit concerned about that.
2) The screen is big and beautiful, but can you change the style and appearence of the round watt dial? Or can you change the wallpaper/logo or even upload a custom one?

Thanks for answer.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Hey, great review! I'm planning on buying a dual 18650 mod with good 510 connection, good chip and under 50 USD price tag. Was pretty sure on the Fuchai 213 Plus or the Voopoo Drag, but this new sexy mod caught my attention.

I wanted to ask you about few things:
1) How do you feel about the 510 connection? Is the quality good, no wiggling or movement of that sort? It looks similar to the IPV 8 center pin and that has a history of getting loose, so I'm a bit concerned about that.
2) The screen is big and beautiful, but can you change the style and appearence of the round watt dial? Or can you change the wallpaper/logo or even upload a custom one?

Thanks for answer.
My 510 on both mods are fine. They give me a solid connection and do not wiggle at all.

The wallpaper can not be changed as of this writing but this mod is upgradeable so that may change.

My 510 on both mods are fine. They give me a solid connection and do not wiggle at all.

The wallpaper can not be changed as of this writing but this mod is upgradeable so that may change.
Many thanks for the quick reply.
One more thing - if you were me and were looking for a good dual 18650 battery mod with good 510 pin, good chipset, balanced charging and under 50 USD, would you recommend this mod? (note: I already owned the Wismec Predator and Evic Primo 2.0, but was disappointed with the 510 connections).

Another options I'm thinking of:
- Sigelei Fuchai 213 Plus
- VOOPOO DRAG 157W TC Box Mod
- Rofvape Warlock Z-Box 233W

I would like to know your opinion on this :)

Edit: The Wyvern does have balanced charging, right?

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Many thanks for the quick reply.
One more thing - if you were me and were looking for a good dual 18650 battery mod with good 510 pin, good chipset, balanced charging and under 50 USD, would you recommend this mod? (note: I already owned the Wismec Predator and Evic Primo 2.0, but was disappointed with the 510 connections).

Another options I'm thinking of:
- Sigelei Fuchai 213 Plus
- VOOPOO DRAG 157W TC Box Mod
- Rofvape Warlock Z-Box 233W

I would like to know your opinion on this :)

Edit: The Wyvern does have balanced charging, right?

* Ipv Vesta
* Smoant Battlestar or Charon
* Laisimo Wyvern
* Any Vaporesso mod if you don't do TV

I have reviews on them here.

Smoant Charon
http://vapingunderground.com/index.php?threads/319047/

Smoant Battlestar Mod
http://vapingunderground.com/index.php?threads/317231/

Ipv Vesta
http://vapingunderground.com/index.php?threads/314906/

Oh and the Cloud Kicker Society Icon.

Cloud Kicker Society Icon
http://vapingunderground.com/index.php?threads/304797/

But out of all of them the Wyvern is my current favorite.

Don't you feel like the display isn't used to its full potential? I mean you have a big, colorful screen and it only shows so little info (for example the Sigelei Fuchai 213 Plus show more info on a smaller screen). Also the font for Watts is quite small and you cannot change different themes/wallpapers if I'm correct. Seems like a waste to me :(

Edit: and about software updates - the last one for any of the Laisimos mods on their webpage is from year 2016 :D. I'm not sure about new updates honestly.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Don't you feel like the display isn't used to its full potential? I mean you have a big, colorful screen and it only shows so little info (for example the Sigelei Fuchai 213 Plus show more info on a smaller screen). Also the font for Watts is quite small and you cannot change different themes/wallpapers if I'm correct. Seems like a waste to me :(

Edit: and about software updates - the last one for any of the Laisimos mods on their webpage is from year 2016 :D. I'm not sure about new updates honestly.
No, not really. It displays all the info I need. I think most of today's screens are kind of cluttered anyway. It tells me what I need to know and it does it in a clean looking way. I do wish there were different wallpapers to choose from. The beauty of this chipset is the simplicity of. It works,and it works well.

As for updates, these companies move in cycles. They all have an ebb and flow to them. Last year Sigelei shit the bed, now they look like they're on the way back. Exact opposite for Smok. Last year they killed it now they look like they took a half a step back. Hopefully, we do get updates but I know going into it nothing is guranteed with these Chinese companies.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Last edited:
No, not really. It displays all the info I need. I think most of today's screens are kind of cluttered anyway. It tells me what I need to know and it does it in a clean looking way. I do wish there were different wallpapers to choose from. The beauty of this chipset is the simplicity of. It works,and it works well.

As for updates, these companies move in cycles. They all have an ebb and flow to them. Last year Sigelei shit the bed, now they look like they're on the way back. Exact opposite for Smok. Last year they killed it now they look like they took a half a step back. Hopefully, we do get updates but I know going into it nothing is guranteed with these Chinese companies.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
Yeah I guess you're right.
Still would be nice to have at least AMPs as well, not only Volts. And maybe even time and date.
Hopefully there will be some firmware update which will add new features.

VU Sponsors