Become a Patron!

Latest purchase thread

Synphul

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My latest purchase was super sexy. (Heavy sarcasm). Pvc pipe and primer and glue for fixing the fucking plumbing that busted all over the place during the heavy freeze last week or so. Been close to a week and a half now with little to no running water, been just absolute tits. Patched one spot, found water seeping at another and there's at least one or two more pipes I have to tackle tomorrow. And that doesn't include the kitchen sink drain that got jacked. Fucking HATE winter.

Underside of my place pretty much looks a lot like this.

Screenshot_2.jpg

Synphul

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Does it look like it meant to be driven good :devil:

I've never had a speeding ticket in the US, but my wife is expecting me to get one with having this :giggle:
Nice car, I definitely don't need one. I could get a speeding ticket in a daewoo. lol. My cousin and I were borrowing my aunt's car, like a 90's geo metro. One of those ridiculous things with 3 cylinders that gets like 50mpg (and you wish it didn't). Managed to get pulled over in California making a left and it was raining, the tiny ass tires chirped a little around the corner when I down shifted (to 2nd mind you). Boom, pulled over. I have a feeling the cop saw my blonde 20yo cousin more than he was concerned with my driving. Tried to tell me I 'spun the tires'. Was like you're shitting me right? I could pop the door open, reach my foot down like a skateboard and pedal this turd faster. What a putz. Haha.

Almost wish it'd gone to court. Could see the judge now 'says here you were spinning the tires in an exhibition of speed - in a.. geo? Do I have that right?'

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 3 Years
VU Patreon
Nice car, I definitely don't need one. I could get a speeding ticket in a daewoo. lol. My cousin and I were borrowing my aunt's car, like a 90's geo metro. One of those ridiculous things with 3 cylinders that gets like 50mpg (and you wish it didn't). Managed to get pulled over in California making a left and it was raining, the tiny ass tires chirped a little around the corner when I down shifted (to 2nd mind you). Boom, pulled over. I have a feeling the cop saw my blonde 20yo cousin more than he was concerned with my driving. Tried to tell me I 'spun the tires'. Was like you're shitting me right? I could pop the door open, reach my foot down like a skateboard and pedal this turd faster. What a putz. Haha.

Almost wish it'd gone to court. Could see the judge now 'says here you were spinning the tires in an exhibition of speed - in a.. geo? Do I have that right?'

My mother had one of those pieces of shit. She said she felt like she needed to get out and push it up hills. I just said, well you're the one who bought the damn thing, just being a cheapskate. Have fun with it.

Don't know if you got pulled by a State Trooper, but some of them have NO sense of humor.

When I saw the pic of @Nailz new car, that's the first thing that went through my mind. It's a cop magnet. Back in the day I had a red Mustang, and that damn car along with me still being a teenager cost me my driver's license twice. Gotta love a muscle car, though. Nothing quite like 'em. They are fun as hell to drive.

Synphul

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My mother had one of those pieces of shit. She said she felt like she needed to get out and push it up hills. I just said, well you're the one who bought the damn thing, just being a cheapskate. Have fun with it.

Don't know if you got pulled by a State Trooper, but some of them have NO sense of humor.

When I saw the pic of @Nailz new car, that's the first thing that went through my mind. It's a cop magnet. Back in the day I had a red Mustang, and that damn car along with me still being a teenager cost me my driver's license twice. Gotta love a muscle car, though. Nothing quite like 'em. They are fun as hell to drive.
No it was a local city cop. I was out of town, well actually born there but no longer live there. Haven't lived in California since I was a kid. That geo was a turd, thought I was going to get run over driving up over the mountain to get to Santa Cruz. A fricken bus passed me. I'd already downshifted to 4th and then to 3rd and it was choking to get up the hill in 3rd, had to hit 2nd a couple times. Felt like I was wearing one of those 'lil tykes' plastic cars around my waist from a pair of suspenders, leaning out the window like 'sorry.. sorrrryyy'. lol.

And yea, CHP have no real sense of humor. Not like the cops out here in the midwest, the cop who was out of his town's jurisdiction I blew past. Shaking pissed when he got me pulled over, threatened to mail me a ticket. My big mouth and off sense of humor I called back 'Ok, I'll mail you a check'. lol. Can't have that kind of fun with the cops out there.

I just have rotten luck I think. Had gotten an 84 chevy heavy half ton with a smaller 7" lift on it and 33" tires. Only had it maybe a month, spotted this gal in a lifted 4x4. She was scootin along through traffic so I was trying to keep up. Tires were just fat enough I couldn't really light them up, instead the whole ass end of the truck was hopping. So does she get pulled over? No, just me. Pulled into a parking lot, tried to set the parking brake. No parking brake, almost rolled over the cop's car. Not making a good first impression. That booger cited me for everything. In addition to the exhibition of speed ticket, lane changes without signaling, he starts looking at my truck. He goes tinted windshield? Mmmhmm. Walks around and sees blue egg lights on the back. He's like is this an emergency vehicle? No sir. Ugh. I go they're not even on, he says still counts. Looks underneath - mud flaps too short. Crap. Asks me to roll my driver's window up a little, pulls out a tint meter and slips it over the glass. Too dark. Son of a bitch, come on. lol.

So yea, no muscle cars for me. Too tempting.

Synphul

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Turns out the water pipe and cement were good purchases. Lacking in sex appeal but after dealing with no running water for over a week definitely critical. Pretty sure I got it all patched up, will do another look under the house tomorrow. So far so good, I didn't hear water works. First hot shower in going on two weeks and after tromping around in cold mud and the muck was definitely much needed and appreciated. Damn near living like a rockefeller now, can that flushes without manual filling, water in a shower, hot AND cold water to all the sinks.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
8f793b4dfce6374e35ddc3ecf4da1127.jpg

Abusing Prime Wardrobe buying new sneakers

I have odd ball sized feet... left is longer than the right, but the right is wider than the left...so

Order a few pair (4) in differing sizes, get the right sized sneaker for each foot return the unwanted

11.5M left, 11E right

Sent from my iPhone 4(2+) using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors