Become a Patron!

Lawmakers urge the FDA to temporarily clear e-cigarettes from market amid Covid pandemic.

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Unsure if this is entirely new, but it seems to be conflating a number of things together including COVID-19.
None of which are good for vaping's future.

Lawmakers urge the FDA to temporarily clear e-cigarettes from market amid Covid pandemic. Here's why
By Jacqueline Howard, CNN
Updated 11:06 AM ET, Tue August 11, 2020

In a letter to the US Food and Drug Administration, lawmakers are urging the agency to temporarily clear the market of all e-cigarettes for the duration of the coronavirus crisis.

The letter, sent to FDA commissioner Dr. Stephen Hahn on Tuesday, makes this call based on emerging research that suggests vaping or using e-cigarettes can come with an increased risk of being diagnosed with Covid-19 and suffering symptoms.
"This is true in vapers as young as 13, which is particularly concerning, given that young people are increasingly driving the spread of COVID-19, threatening the health and safety of Americans of all ages," wrote Rep. Raja Krishnamoorthi (D-IL), chairman of the House Committee on Oversight and Reform's Subcommittee on Economic and Consumer Policy, who sent the letter on behalf of the subcommittee.
In the letter, the subcommittee asks for Hahn to confirm by August 18 -- in one week -- whether or not the FDA will temporarily clear the market of all e-cigarettes.

The full article is MUCH longer, but that is the jist of it.

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
My two cents on this is simple: WTF?

Could shared vaping transfer the virus? Sure it could, as could a cig, kissing, borrowing a pencil, breathing, you name it. Let's ban Air; that pesky stuff has been transmitting disease for millennia. ;)

Last edited:

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
coming in under a month anyway.

However might be some truth in the above among teen vapers as they tend to 'share' their vapes.
Only those i would kiss can use my vape.

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Vaping under the age of 21 is illegal. Banning something that's already illegal will only create the message that law enforcement is just a complete fantasy.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vaping under the age of 21 is illegal. Banning something that's already illegal will only create the message that law enforcement is just a complete fantasy.
True but it does not stop underage drinking, smoking, etc.
And laws never will.

But thanks had forgotten about that change in December? Since it did not effect me.

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
True but it does not stop underage drinking, smoking, etc.
And laws never will.

But thanks had forgotten about that change in December? Since it did not effect me.
That's also my point... a ban on vaping will stop nothing excepting only it will stop the part of law enforcement that is supposed to make vapers stop vaping. It will be just another open invitation for more people to start breaking the law.

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
1597338946175.png
1597338691490.png

Why would vaping or not vaping matter at all here?
Stopping vaping wouldn't somehow reverse someones history of smoking.

This is kind of like showing a study that proves that not wearing seat belts is more deadly in car crashes in order to prove that caffeine is addictive.

This is the same group of Bloomberg funded politicians trying to throw shit at the wall to see if any sticks.
Just like they did with the tainted carts.

VU Sponsors