Become a Patron!

Lazy Vaper from UK

Hi all, hope Brits are welcome on this site, if not I'm in trouble!!!

I've been vaping for almost 4 years now, originally a fairly heavy smoker, looking for a way to quit but not quit if you know what I mean..;)

Since I started I have never had another cigarette, although the original plan was to vape in the UK and then when I went on holiday I would use cigarettes, however it has never happened, I much prefer vaping then nasty fags..

I'm 46, and I say Lazy Vaper because I do not use rebuildables, nor make my own juice.. I am a bit of skin flint (sorry) so buy virtually all my e liquids from Fast Tech but also bought some from Yaeliq based in Israel.

I am currently vaping Hangda Aniseed Flavor, 6mg/ml Nicotine, 20% VG (I like liquorice and menthol (not together lol))

Also vaping Hangda Ice Mint Flavor, 8mg/ml Nicotine, but am going off this fast..

Well I started with an Ego-T but stopped using when one of the batteries caught fire while charging.

Progressed to an Innokin iTaste SVD, then an Innokin iTaste 134 because I liked the terminator look lol...
Tried a mechanical mod but didn't really get on with it, and it broke, which didn't help.

Then for a while I had a Pioneer 4 You IPV 4S but after about a year the battery pin fell through into the machine itself.

I'm now on a Kangertech Kbox 200 and a iStick TC100W

Although I have these Temperature control Mods I never use the TC feature but like the fact the double battery setup enables me to vape for a few days without charging, as I like to travel a lot..

From the Clearomizer point of view my go to one is an Innokin iClear 30S, I keep buying others but keep coming back to this because its easy to clean the coils and the replacement coils are so cheap.

I also tried the Kanger Sub Tank but didn't really get on with this as it kept leaking.

There are others but I have to say I preferred the iClear for a few years now.

Anyway, I would say I'm a pretty heavy vaper and probably vape more that I smoked.

Apologies for the length of the first post, but I have a vaping history although that of a lazy cheapskate one...... :eek:

Markw4mms

#Team Jimi Supporter
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Welcome to VU! Glad to have you with us!

gingerbread

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Hello Wiggy and welcome to VU :wave:. They allow Brits, they let me in!ha, ha. Liked your story. Hope to see you around.

Condensation

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Welcome to Vaping Underground and congrats on being an ex-smoker.

Kevin2112

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Welcome and congratulations on not smoking any more. Also congrats on getting your country back.

Angrygod50

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Welcome to the VU from the other side of the pond.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
We need more cheap and lazy louts on this site.

Welcome!

Hi all, thanks for the warm welcome, it is really appreciated, this is the first vaping forum I have joined, there are also plenty in the UK but the areas on this site like recipes etc, seemed really interesting, and although lazy if its gonna save me money I might be tempted to have a go, or just look and dream!!

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Hi all, thanks for the warm welcome, it is really appreciated, this is the first vaping forum I have joined, there are also plenty in the UK but the areas on this site like recipes etc, seemed really interesting, and although lazy if its gonna save me money I might be tempted to have a go, or just look and dream!!

DIY is a conflict for those of us who are both cheap and lazy

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
LOL that's my conflict. I'm cheap and lazy, so because I'm cheap, I mix and I build, but because I'm lazy.... inner struggle.

In my case, cheap overcame lazy .

But I super picky about taste, so I find most commercial juices unsatisfactory once I nailed a few good DIY recipes

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
In my case, cheap overcame lazy .

But I super picky about taste, so I find most commercial juices unsatisfactory once I nailed a few good DIY recipes
That's all it takes, too! Just a couple and I'm good to go.

Well I have to say I'm a little bit scared of the whole DIY juice manufacturer, mainly because I have so much unused eliquid hanging around, some of it because when I first kicked the analogs I used highly nic levels of Eliquids, and have very gradually come down to 6mg, but it'll come in handy if the UK ever start taxing Eliquid.. lol

I'm now trying to get down too zero as I've got a cruise from Australia to Singapore early next year and since booking it have found out that Vaping is illegal in SG BIG TIME and I REALLY don't want to go back to analogs :(

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Well, if you do start to DIY you can cut those juices down with PG/Vg and adding just a touch of flavoring to compensate. Something to consider, at least. :)

Question if I may, do you use high percentage nicotine liquid? I know you measure it so that it can be made into whatever strength you like, but the original liquid, a friend of mine whom makes his own uses 90% nicotine and advise it is the most expensive ingredient but lasts a long time!!!

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I buy 100mg nicotine base and mix my juice down to 9mg. Quite honestly, per ml, my opinion is that flavorings are the most costly aspect of DIY

Manimal3497

Manimalizer
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Welcome-Dragon.gif

VU Sponsors