Become a Patron!

Le Diy Pour Les Nuls

iVape

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
http://www.lediypourlesnuls.com

Not sure why this was never done for such an awesome site like this. I would like to dedicate this thread to those who have tested and made recipes from this site. Please only post the links to the recipes if you have tested and tried them. Include as much information as you can such as steep time and if you made any changes to the default.

There are a lot of us who use this site for DIY and I thought itll be fun to get all the good ones compiled into one place. The future DIYer would definitely appreciate a thread like this one. The site there has a rating system but it isn't all that accurate. Ive seen high rated recipes that were awful and vice versa. Of course taste is subjective. I wish the site had a way of sorting as well.

Happy Mixing and lets have some fun.

Artemis

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I only tried one recipe so far. It was a sugar bear/drizzle recipe. The person I mixed for loved it. I'm not to nuts about sweet vapes but I do taste test them. It was pretty good after a long maceration period (3 weeks).

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just vaped my tester on this one lol. Deff a win!
My only regret is merely making a 15ml sample, which was gone in a couple hours. :(
I always do that, only make a small sample of something "just in case." Then I end up loving it and have to wait all over again for a bigger bottle. Lol!

iVape

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
My only regret is merely making a 15ml sample, which was gone in a couple hours. :(
I always do that, only make a small sample of something "just in case." Then I end up loving it and have to wait all over again for a bigger bottle. Lol!
I'm the same. My testers are 5 ml though. The wait kills me every time.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My "translate" option on this site seems to have disappeared.....:gaah:

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Went to Chrome, but I'd say you're right. ;)

theozricle

Member For 4 Years
This one is probably one of the best juices I've ever made - http://www.lediypourlesnuls.com/omega-vape-santeria/
I did, however, make one that I consider much better that requires no steeping. I replaced Caps cranberry with DIYFS and Caps v1 custard with Inawera. Either way, I love it!
This one is a winner, also leaves a vapor trail guaranteed to make anyone hungry....lol! http://www.lediypourlesnuls.com/liquid-state-apple-butter/

Thanks for posting this here! I have been looking for an Apple Butter alike!
Now I have more flavourings to order :cry:
Seriously though very grateful .

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks for posting this here! I have been looking for an Apple Butter alike!
Now I have more flavourings to order :cry:
Seriously though very grateful .
It's worth the order, you'll love it!

RonJS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
My "translate" option on this site seems to have disappeared.....:gaah:

Same here. I "think" it's telling me to turn off Ad Blocker Plus. :)

Ron
---
"Times have changed. It's not like the old days when we could do anything we want."-Don Barzini (Godfather I)

I just submit their translation, and Adblock, a site has a cost and without the pub I could not pay the seveur and the option for the site.
you can just put the site whitelist.
d1sHGde.jpg

and

dGRTuQ7.jpg

Markw4mms

#Team Jimi Supporter
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Yeah, I had to allow ads on their page to get translate back as well.

[QUOTE = "iVape, poste: 1323155, membre: 2217"] [USER = 17907] @ PascalP37 [/ USER] vous a envoyé un pm [/ QUOTE]
ok thanks , I answered

Amour juice

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
This one is probably one of the best juices I've ever made - http://www.lediypourlesnuls.com/omega-vape-santeria/
I did, however, make one that I consider much better that requires no steeping. I replaced Caps cranberry with DIYFS and Caps v1 custard with Inawera. Either way, I love it!
This one is a winner, also leaves a vapor trail guaranteed to make anyone hungry....lol! http://www.lediypourlesnuls.com/liquid-state-apple-butter/
These are great recipes , I get notified on Facebook they come out with several a week ....which is nice to see all on there ..I'm out of custard but have ,DIYFS custard . You think I can replace .but then the % would be totally different .you changed the cranberry on one ,how did you use cranberry replace % Theresa ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
These are great recipes , I get notified on Facebook they come out with several a week ....which is nice to see all on there ..I'm out of custard but have ,DIYFS custard . You think I can replace .but then the % would be totally different .you changed the cranberry on one ,how did you use cranberry replace % Theresa ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I used the same percentage on the cranberry, but haven't ever had much luck with DIYFS custard. It always tastes peppery to me. You can try it in a small batch and see what happens, could be different for you. :)

Mr Mixer

Member For 4 Years
My brother is actually listed on their site, for the Five Pawns perpetual check clone, his username listed is Pwnby, the recipe is under his name there. I've tried his clone and it's very good. I'd say 95% close, he had a thread on VU a while back, describing his mixing thoughts and whatnot, he got a lot of help from y'all on that recipe as well. Just thought I'd share that lol

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Teresa, did you add the "sour" as listed in the Apply Butter recipe? I have Citric Acid. Any idea if that is the same or an OK substitute? Thanks.
Citric acid is mainly used to make fruit flavors "pop," but really has no sour effect unless used with a sour tasting fruit. TFA sour is partly malic acid, which gives a sour taste. I've heard from others that in larger doses it will mute flavors, but I haven't had that problem. I hardly ever use it and what few times I have, the percentage has been small. If you didn't want to invest in TFA sour (and Wizard Labs has the 8ml bottle for $1.49 - http://wizardlabs.us/index.php?route=product/search&search=sour ), then I'd just leave it out completely, as I don't find the completed recipe to have much of a sour note to it anyway.

Yooperdad

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Citric acid is mainly used to make fruit flavors "pop," but really has no sour effect unless used with a sour tasting fruit. TFA sour is partly malic acid, which gives a sour taste. I've heard from others that in larger doses it will mute flavors, but I haven't had that problem. I hardly ever use it and what few times I have, the percentage has been small. If you didn't want to invest in TFA sour (and Wizard Labs has the 8ml bottle for $1.49 - http://wizardlabs.us/index.php?route=product/search&search=sour ), then I'd just leave it out completely, as I don't find the completed recipe to have much of a sour note to it anyway.

Story of my life, always a day late. I placed an order yesterday with Bull City and it did not include TFA Sour. Oh well, next order. Thanks for the reply and info.

Yooperdad

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Inawera custard is the SH*T!!! :banana:

One of my ADV's is Jason's White Coconut Cake. I just made 30 mls to try, substituting INA Custard for the Cap Custard, at the 9% in Jason's recipe. I'll wait a week or so to try it and report back.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
One of my ADV's is Jason's White Coconut Cake. I just made 30 mls to try, substituting INA Custard for the Cap Custard, at the 9% in Jason's recipe. I'll wait a week or so to try it and report back.
Please do...You've got me curious.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Made up the Santeria with INA Custard too. That Apple Butter you pointed to is next.
I used the IA custard in the Santeria too, and it was completely different than with Caps VC1, which I figured it would be. It's still good, but different than I believe it was intended. But the longer it ages with VC1, the stronger that custard gets, almost too heavy. I'd thought of a third version with VC2.

VU Sponsors