Become a Patron!

Lego Worlds Collide in Lego Dimensions

VUBot

Staff member
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
There was a moment, probably even as short as a second, in the Lego Dimensions demo where I saw Superman flying high above the Emerald City in Oz. It’s really all I wanted to see from the game to know it was headed in the right direction. Happily, during my time playing the game and discussing its vision with Traveler’s Tales CEO John Burton, I discovered even more reasons to be encouraged about the direction of Lego’s first digital toys-to-life experience.

Last year’s The Lego Movie, for which Burton served as producer, proved that mash-ups of competing properties could work, both critically as well as commercially. It’s a dream that Burton has been chasing for eight years. While working on the Indiana Jones game, the TT team wanted to bring forward playable characters from the previous Star Wars games. Unfortunately, the licensees didn’t like the idea of seeing characters playing in each other’s worlds, which meant Harry Potter, Batman, and Gollum had to stay in their own -- this, despite mixing being key to the Lego DNA.

Continue reading…

Continue reading...

VU Sponsors