FA Raspberry 0.8%
TFA Cranberry 0.25%
CAP NY Cheesecake 4%
TFA Cheesecake Graham 2%
INW Biscuit 2%
FA Lemon Sicily 3.5%
TFA Sweet Cream 2%
FA Custard 1%

This needs 5 days to steep with the cap removed each day then put back on and a good mix. You can go longer than 5 days but there is difference if you don't wait at least 5 days. I did not heat steep.

This is sweet and, to me, a keeper. It is creamy cheesecake with lemon on the front and raspberry on the back. I used cranberry to help bring the raspberry out. That came from my mind so I don't really know if it helped but I know it tastes good and doesn't taste like cranberry.

I know the flavor percentage is high. I had less flavoring in V1. It wasn't right.

I give props to @Heabob and @Squonk for ideas on the cheesecake base.

kross8

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
FA Raspberry 0.8%
TFA Cranberry 0.25%
CAP NY Cheesecake 4%
TFA Cheesecake Graham 2%
INW Biscuit 2%
FA Lemon Sicily 3.5%
TFA Sweet Cream 2%
FA Custard 1%

This needs 5 days to steep with the cap removed each day then put back on and a good mix. You can go longer than 5 days but there is difference if you don't wait at least 5 days. I did not heat steep.

This is sweet and, to me, a keeper. It is creamy cheesecake with lemon on the front and raspberry on the back. I used cranberry to help bring the raspberry out. That came from my mind so I don't really know if it helped but I know it tastes good and doesn't taste like cranberry.

I know the flavor percentage is high. I had less flavoring in V1. It wasn't right.

FA raspberry has been kicking my butt,,,,,,,,,,,,i cant taste it,,,,,,,,,i have tried it alone at .5 .75,,1.0,,1.5......3.0%,,,,,,,,,i can taste in the drip tip,,,,,,,,i even mixed it 70/30 vg/pg,,,,,(i am normally max vg),,,,i am beginning to wonder about my wattage,, i tend to vape at 15-25 depending on flavors (donuts taste better to me around 20-22,, but faint at lower watts).

i shake and vape,, froth and vape,, steep a week and vape........NOTHING! GGGGRRRRR

in fact i am sitting here now messing with it again................ugggggggggggggggh ,, (i really dont like a hot vape over 35W)

Squonk

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
FA raspberry has been kicking my butt,,,,,,,,,,,,i cant taste it,,,,,,,,,i have tried it alone at .5 .75,,1.0,,1.5......3.0%,,,,,,,,,i can taste in the drip tip,,,,,,,,i even mixed it 70/30 vg/pg,,,,,(i am normally max vg),,,,i am beginning to wonder about my wattage,, i tend to vape at 15-25 depending on flavors (donuts taste better to me around 20-22,, but faint at lower watts).

i shake and vape,, froth and vape,, steep a week and vape........NOTHING! GGGGRRRRR

in fact i am sitting here now messing with it again................ugggggggggggggggh ,, (i really dont like a hot vape over 35W)
IMO. FA Raspberry needs to be used under 1% and needs to be used to kinda weave it's way through other flavors. If you try it in joeyboy s mix you'll see what I mean. Or, if you have FA Vienna Cream, try .5% Raspberry and 2% Vienna for a simple mix. Orrrrr, .5% Raspberry 2% FA Fresh Cream .5% FA Vanilla Classic or Vanilla Bourbon. Don't give up on it. It really shines in more complex creamy mixes.

joeyboy

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years

I pretty much only use mechs now with an RBAvapor RDA. Right not I am using the 13 heavens but also love the El Cabron. This would taste just as good in a velocity. With the exception of the Velocity, I only use single coils and build my mech RDAs with 22g kanthal with a 7/6 wrap. This comes to 0.34 ohms. This tastes best to me. Tastes vary. I use one of Squonks recipes. He uses 0.5% FA Raspberry. It doesn't need any more than that. Again, tastes vary. FA Raspberry was my first flavor I bought when I started DIY. I learned too much causes it to tastes like nothing.

Last edited:

joeyboy

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Also, to some 0.8% for FA Raspberry may seem high but I have found that CAP NY Cheesecake seems to mute some flavors. Maybe the flavors aren't muted they just need more to blend properly. In my first try I used 0.5% Raspberry and 2.0% Lemon Sicily. You cannot taste it. I also modified other flavors for V2.

kross8

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I pretty much only use mechs now with an RBAvapor RDA. Right not I am using the 13 heavens but also love the El Cabron. This would taste just as good in a velocity. With the exception of the Velocity, I only use single coils and build my mech RDAs with 22g kanthal with a 6/7 wrap. This comes to 0.34 ohms. This tastes best to me. Tastes vary. I use one of Squonks recipes. He uses 0.5% FA Raspberry. It doesn't need any more than that. Again, tastes vary. FA Raspberry was my first flavor I bought when I started DIY. I learned too much causes it to tastes like nothing.
i have 16 FA flavors and another 6 on the way,, i too like the coils in the .20-.50 range.,,pathetic little coil in my topbox,, i even tried it on the dripper,, still nothing. (i bought it from Nicotine River,, and i can easily taste it straight from the bottle and even on the tip of the bottle,,, just not in my tank........i will try it more as a supporting flavor rather than a star.

lirruping

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
FA Raspberry 0.8%
TFA Cranberry 0.25%
CAP NY Cheesecake 4%
TFA Cheesecake Graham 2%
INW Biscuit 2%
FA Lemon Sicily 3.5%
TFA Sweet Cream 2%
FA Custard 1%

I don't think the flavoring percentage is outlandishly high here at all. If it were all fa, then maybe, but half your flavors are tfa or cap, which tend to need more to have the same impact as fa and inw. This looks yum. It's going in my list to try. (Assuming I ever get set up again and mixing...)

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Also, to some 0.8% for FA Raspberry may seem high but I have found that CAP NY Cheesecake seems to mute some flavors. Maybe the flavors aren't muted they just need more to blend properly. In my first try I used 0.5% Raspberry and 2.0% Lemon Sicily. You cannot taste it. I also modified other flavors for V2.

Yup I've found the same thing, certain flavors seem to mute others, even some you wouldn't think.
Often the fruits in the base have to be raised up too when using a lot of other flavors/additives.
Was reminded of this today with a couple recipes I just made.

Last edited:

VU Sponsors