let's have some clarity about the Vapepocalypse

roxynoodle

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
It's old. It's a story about the proposed regs from last year not the final regs. It was accurate at the time.

I was thinking that, but then it also read that the regulations are now passed. So my guess is they added one little update to a year old article?

Time

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I was thinking that, but then it also read that the regulations are now passed. So my guess is they added one little update to a year old article?

No. It didn't say anything about now passed. It said Food and Drug Administration (FDA) released its proposed e-cig regulations last week. The key word is "proposed".

They are no longer proposed.

They should date their articles but didn't. The comments are 6 months old.

mikecr

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Just put a tag on all the vape components that states "This item has not been evaluated by the FDA and is not intended to prevent, cure or treat any disease" just like the ass load of medications and supplements that are flooding the market. That's the norm now right? Then in a year you see commercials with a lawyer asking you "Did you take this medication and your pecker fall off. Give us a call". The bottom line is that vaping is saving people from cigarettes and costing the powers to be money. Not a coincidence that there is an election heating up right now.

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I heard a little blurb on NPR from the M.D. Anderson cancer hospital today...

I thought "oh hell yes! They've got to be on our side. Vaping saves soooo many people from that shit every year."

Fuck no. Those assholes were like, "well, we have no idea of the long term effects. It's been like the Wild West with regards to what exactly is in these vaping juices, what are the safety concerns for these devices, etc. with the FDA in charge, now this will all be safer and have to meet certain standards, blah blah blah..."

Holy mother of fucking idiots...

This is exactly what I was telling my wife the other day. It's absolute gospel truth, and it is there in plain sight for anyone with half a brain to see:

Tobacco and pharmaceutical companies go hand in hand. The tobacco companies sell cigs to a never-ending, self-replenishing crop of new smokers. The smokers get older, and sicker, then they need drugs from the pharmaceutical companies, who in turn, pay the tobacco companies big money for making all these people sick. They pay them the money under the guise of "research".

They don't want anyone to quit smoking. They don't want anyone to have a safer alternative to smoking. Because tobacco companies wouldn't be able to sell cigarettes and make people sick and dying to pay the pharmaceutical companies, who then pay the cigarette companies "to do more research"... And round and round it goes.

Utter horseshit.
See that's the thing though. He's not wrong. We don't know the long term effects. There is no one preventing companies from putting out harmful products, be it bad ingredients in juices, atomizers/devices using shoddy materials that are prone to shorting, or companies like EFest that are strait lying on their labels. Having a comprehensive authority testing these things is not a bad idea. I don't love the idea because, well we've been fine as a community outside the Darwin award winners who didn't take the time to do even the smallest bit of research. We do have heroes out there like Mooch putting in the time to help us all, but we don't have something like that for the other elements, so we just have to trust the companies and logic (who wants to be the next Five Pawns or Dr Crimmy?). So again, while I'd prefer to just be left alone, the idea of protecting people is not bad.

The problem is in the way they're doing it. Extortionist costs that will shut companies down is not necessary to run a few tests and send an inspector to the site. So they're not protecting us, they're just being total bastards. The idea is fine, the methods being used sure sound criminal to me.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
See that's the thing though. He's not wrong. We don't know the long term effects. There is no one preventing companies from putting out harmful products, be it bad ingredients in juices, atomizers/devices using shoddy materials that are prone to shorting, or companies like EFest that are strait lying on their labels. Having a comprehensive authority testing these things is not a bad idea. I don't love the idea because, well we've been fine as a community outside the Darwin award winners who didn't take the time to do even the smallest bit of research. We do have heroes out there like Mooch putting in the time to help us all, but we don't have something like that for the other elements, so we just have to trust the companies and logic (who wants to be the next Five Pawns or Dr Crimmy?). So again, while I'd prefer to just be left alone, the idea of protecting people is not bad.

The problem is in the way they're doing it. Extortionist costs that will shut companies down is not necessary to run a few tests and send an inspector to the site. So they're not protecting us, they're just being total bastards. The idea is fine, the methods being used sure sound criminal to me.
Like the old saying goes, "The road to hell is paved with good intentions". Unfortunately, our government is rarely about good intentions. Love you country but fear your government.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N915A using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Mikhail Naumov

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
In August (my fucking birth month no less) when this shit goes into effect, can people keep making the SAME shit? The way I understand it is, no new products can be introduced without passing impossible and expensive FDA bullshit tests, but can the stuff already out KEEP BEING made, as in produced in factories? Or are we just left to fight over what is left for two years? This is my main concern.

lordmage

The Sky has Fallen. the End is Here.
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
for the record some of this we saw way back in the day. when they wanted to regulate our vapes as a drug delivery device. now they are using levels of testing boarding on pharmacology requirement to A kill off the market and Hand it over to Big T after all they want there taxes and kickbacks.

AdmiralTrey

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Fuck. I just realized that these dicks are probably going to use the BATF for enforcement, aren't they? Probably with the assistance of local law enforcement.

Wonder when the vape shop and "clandestine" mixing lab raids will begin?

Because we've got to think of the children.
I'm local law enforcement and I can assure you that a large number of us are pissed off about this illegal BS bill, too. I won't enforce any anti-vape laws and I'll continue vaping no matter what happens after this. Hell, I already have a "black market vape juice dealer" lined up for when juice either disappears or becomes three times more expensive...
You won't see cops jumping at the opportunity to stop vaping though. A large number of cops are smokers due the stress of our job and at least in my department a huge portion have turned to vaping.

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm local law enforcement and I can assure you that a large number of us are pissed off about this illegal BS bill, too. I won't enforce any anti-vape laws and I'll continue vaping no matter what happens after this. Hell, I already have a "black market vape juice dealer" lined up for when juice either disappears or becomes three times more expensive...
You won't see cops jumping at the opportunity to stop vaping though. A large number of cops are smokers due the stress of our job and at least in my department a huge portion have turned to vaping.
It's going to be the 1920's all over again!

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

cking2

VU Donator
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Well looks like we have some breathing room...

Sent from my BLU LIFE ONE X using Tapatalk

cking2

VU Donator
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I have not heard from CASSA yet but, it appears to be true. The story I quoted is carried by NBC.

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well looks like we have some breathing room...

No we don't, the Cole Bishop has been stalled for a while. What you quoted is old news

cking2

VU Donator
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
No we don't, the Cole Bishop has been stalled for a while. What you quoted is old news

No its not old news. Read the link I posted. Carried by NBC dated June 1st.

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
No its not old news. Read the link I posted. Carried by NBC dated June 1st.

The NBC article only reports flavors aren't banned. We're still fucked with the FDA regulations with the 2007 date.

Wanda

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
My gosh! I just want to cry! This is just not right! Its so sad to think of all the people who vape for a better health choices are going to get it taken a way but all of the people who work in the industry and own companies are going to get there livelihood striped away as well, this dose more danage to the people than help. What the heck govenment? :sad:

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My gosh! I just want to cry! This is just not right! Its so sad to think of all the people who vape for a better health choices are going to get it taken a way but all of the people who work in the industry and own companies are going to get there livelihood striped away as well, this dose more danage to the people than help. What the heck govenment? :sad:
They sure in the hell are NOT touching my gear.

It's going Underground, I feel sorry for those still stuck on the Stinkies, I will like many others though teach how to get around the ban.

Big Tobacco with their puppets in Government may have won a battle but they will loose the War.

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
74e366efa9c35615c027cacbcde5699b.jpg

Wanda

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
That photo says it all, some of the politicians over here carry on about how bad smoking is and make statements like we want to be the first smoke free state, we need to make smoking history bla bla bla, but then turn around and ban a verry good way to help people to stop. If they dont want people to smoke dont sell them at all. But give people the option to stop with there own means not what a few think might be right for the masses, its just silly

Wanda

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Was reading his letter addressed to the fda earler he asked some grate questions regarding not just consumers but what is going to happen to the people who make a living from the industry it will be interesting to see if or what thay come back with

VU Sponsors