Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
CAP Vanilla Custard V2 3%
FA Vienna Cream 1%
FA Catalan Cream 1%
FA Cream Fresh 0.5%
TFA Brown Sugar Extra 1%
FA Marshmallow 1%

This is a light custard. My original intention for making this was for a concentrate bottle for those recipes that have Mama J's Custard. I have no idea what Mama J's tastes like, or intend on buying any, but needed something to try some of the recipes people are posting. I have not done that but this has a good, mellow flavor and is good by itself.

I think it is sweet and creamy enough. You could add maybe 1% Sweet Cream, TFA or CAP, if you wanted but I don't think it really needs it. It would be a good addition but I have been doing too many sweets lately so I tried it without it. I was not disappointed.

lirruping

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
CAP Vanilla Custard V2 3%
FA Vienna Cream 1%
FA Catalan Cream 1%
FA Cream Fresh 0.5%
TFA Brown Sugar Extra 1%
FA Marshmallow 1%

This is a light custard. My original intention for making this was for a concentrate bottle for those recipes that have Mama J's Custard. I have no idea what Mama J's tastes like, or intend on buying any, but needed something to try some of the recipes people are posting. I have not done that but this has a good, mellow flavor and is good by itself.

I think it is sweet and creamy enough. You could add maybe 1% Sweet Cream, TFA or CAP, if you wanted but I don't think it really needs it. It would be a good addition but I have been doing too many sweets lately so I tried it without it. I was not disappointed.

hey this really does look good. And it's kind of amazing if you have no idea what the custard you mentioned tastes like, since although this is light, as you say, and maybe not as complicated, I feel like it hits a lot of the same flavor notes and would probably work well as a sub.

Elites

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
@joeyboy Thanks a lot for sharing!!! We appreciate you work. Any steep time recommendation, please?

joeyboy

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
@joeyboy Thanks a lot for sharing!!! We appreciate you work. Any steep time recommendation, please?
I let it steep one week but didn't really use it for like 3 weeks. The CAP takes a bit to blend. You can taste it along the way. I would give one week minimum. I really didn't taste much difference between the week or so and when I remembered I had it about 3 weeks later.

Elites

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I let it steep one week but didn't really use it for like 3 weeks. The CAP takes a bit to blend. You can taste it along the way. I would give one week minimum. I really didn't taste much difference between the week or so and when I remembered I had it about 3 weeks later.
Thanks a lot, Added to my today's 'To do list' ;)

VU Sponsors