Logan Paul Denies Faking Reaction To $3.5 Million Pokemon Card Scam

Status
Not open for further replies.

VUBot

Staff member
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Logan Paul has denied faking his reaction to the $3.5 million dollar Pokémon card scandal that the YouTuber became caught up in earlier this month.

After having spent over $3 million on what he believed to be boxes of first-edition Pokémon cards last month, only to find out that he'd instead purchased a set of G.I Joe collectible cards, Paul faced criticism from fans on social media who claimed that the YouTuber might have faked the entire scandal.

Speaking on a recent episode of his Impaulsive Podcast, Paul delved further into the scandal and spoke about how he felt when he realised the cards were not authentic. "Three and a half million dollars on f**king G.I. Joe. I cannot believe it. It was a sad day. That was a very sad day. You can't just scam someone out of millions of dollars like that without legal consequences."

While in the video it appeared that Paul was unclear on what legal ramifications the group of scammers might face, at one point suggesting the actions could be fraudulent, he did adamantly deny that he'd faked the experience for views. "I see comments," he said. "They think I was acting. They think it's fake. But it's not. It's not fake at all, no. Being in that room that night was incredibly sad. The energy and the tragic feeling in the room was so palpable."

Despite spending a ludicrous amount of money on the cards in the first place, Paul has since received a full refund for the $3.5 million dollars he spent - a factor that the YouTuber pointed to when first opening the cards in his original unboxing video.

When originally purchasing the cards, Paul brought with him a card collector named Matt Allen who purchased the case for $2.7 million, before selling them to Paul for $3.5 million. Despite having received a refund on his original purchase from Allen, Paul says he's currently helping the card collector recover the $2.7 million that he initially spent on the cards prior to selling them to the YouTuber.

For more from the world of buying and selling rare Pokémon cards, make sure to check out this article detailing how you might be able to tell if your (real) cards are worth any money.

Jared Moore is a freelance writer for IGN. You can follow him on Twitter.

Thumbnail image credit: Logan Paul

Continue reading...

Status
Not open for further replies.

VU Sponsors