Loki Season 2: Owen Wilson Confirms Mobius Will Return, and Filming Begins Soon

Status
Not open for further replies.

VUBot

Staff member
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Owen Wilson has confirmed that Agent Mobius will be back in Loki Season 2, and filming should start "pretty soon".

During an interview with WIRED, the 53-year-old Loki actor confirmed that Agent Mobius will return for the show’s second season.

“Yes, he is coming back to Loki,” he revealed. “And I think we’re gonna start filming that pretty soon. I had a great time working on Loki. I really enjoyed Tom Hiddleston and all the people on that.”

The last time we saw him, he was back in the TVA headquarters after the multiverse had been shattered open when Sylvie (played by Sophia Di Martino) killed He Who Remains (played by Jonathan Majors).

The twist? Mobius now has no idea who Loki is after the God of Mischief was seemingly transported into an alternate timeline that never saw the time-traveling duo team up.

The plot for Season 2 is currently under wraps, with the first season leaving plenty of unanswered questions. Additionally, only three cast members have been confirmed to return so far – Owen Wilson, Tom Hiddleston, and Gugu Mbatha-Raw.

“I just love Renslayer,” she recently told Good Morning America (via The Wrap). “I’m so excited to explore her further and I’m so happy that people are really looking forward to the next season.”

Early drafts of Loki’s first season originally included more of Agent Mobius’ backstory – delving into his life before the TVA.

“There were a few drafts of the script where you did see a family or you did see a life, but we all kind of decided we don't know what it is yet," said director Kate Herron. “I think that's exciting, right? Because it gives more road to travel with him. And I think it's more painful when he is going to be deleted, him saying, 'What if I had a family' Because, maybe he did or maybe he didn't.”

But with Herron stepping away from Season 2, it’s unknown whether Mobius’ past will be picked up once more.

Loki stars Tom Hiddleston in the lead role alongside Owen Wilson, Gugu Mbatha-Raw, Sophia Di Martino, Wunmi Mosaku, Tara Strong, Jonathan Majors, and Richard E. Grant.

Ryan Leston is an entertainment journalist and film critic for IGN. You can follow him on Twitter.

Continue reading...

Status
Not open for further replies.

VU Sponsors