Loki Season 2 Will Begin Filming This Summer, Says Tom Hiddleston

Status
Not open for further replies.

VUBot

Staff member
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Loki star Tom Hiddleston has confirmed that production will be starting "this summer" on Season 2 of the MCU Disney+ series.

Hiddleston told Entertainment Tonight that cameras will start rolling on Loki Season 2 "very soon" and that he is excited at the prospect of getting "the band back together," seemingly making reference to his returning co-stars Owen Wilson and Gugu Mbatha-Raw, who will be reprising their roles as Mobius M. Mobius and Ravonna Renslayer, respectively.

"We're starting very soon. Almost as soon as I leave this room. Not quite, but it's around the corner," the actor revealed. "We'll certainly be going in the summer."

In the same interview, Loki creator Michael Waldron, who penned Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness, noted that the upcoming season will take strides in peeling back the layers of Hiddleston's God of Mischief to reveal some new and different aspects of his character while also dealing with the fallout from the events of the first season.

"It's just a continued evolution of the character. That's what was always important to Tom and that's what was important to me," Waldron explained. "If we're going to continue [the first season story] in a second season, we have to cover new emotional ground. And the great news is that that character keeps revealing new layers of texture and complexity."

Beyond picking up the pieces left behind by the first season and further developing the characters, Loki Season 2 will take stock of the Multiverse of Madness and how those events might impact the Time Variance Authority, with Waldron teasing that after "everything that happened in this movie there's probably some branches going all over the place."

"I imagine Mobius is out there watching this on a monitor, having to light up a cigarette and saying, 'Oh my god. I guess we'll have to wait and find out what that means for those guys," he said, pondering the potential repercussions before touching on his personal joy in getting "to work with Tom and continue to bring Loki to life."

Loki's first season director and executive producer Kate Herron previously confirmed that she would not be back to helm the next installment. Since then, Marvel has reportedly tapped Justin Benson and Aaron Moorhead to "co-direct a majority of the episodes" based on their past work, including their recent involvement with Moon Knight.

While there's no release date for Loki Season 2 yet, it may be that there's a lot of other Marvel shows to come first – Disney+ already has Ms. Marvel, Secret Invasion, and more on its slate.

Adele Ankers-Range is a freelance writer for IGN. Follow her on Twitter.

Continue reading...

Status
Not open for further replies.

VU Sponsors