Become a Patron!

Long Time Lurker.. 2 year Vapeaversary in 10 days

Shawn

Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Thanks to all the wonderful folks on the interwebs for helping me drop the 30+ year habit..

Im an old man down in Florida been vaping almost 2 years.. Started out like most.. egos then Cartomizers.. then protanks.. then i started dripping.. my first that i loved was the Atomic on a cheap tube mod that I picked up from fasttech... then came the provari 2.5 with the nautilus and then the 2 REOs thought the game was over at that point... then regulated boxes hit.. omg.. you know smoking was cheaper right? lol..

RMarcusY

☮ Ambassador ☮
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Welcome to the VU
Good to have you here
I was Navy also.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Welcome and congratulations! I hope you enjoy your stay! AT $10.00 a pack in New York I have years of vaping before I ever get close to the amount of money it cost me to smoke for one year.

upload_2016-4-5_15-2-35.png

Shawn

Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Welcome and congratulations! I hope you enjoy your stay! AT $10.00 a pack in New York I have years of vaping before I ever get close to the amount of money it cost me to smoke for one year.

View attachment 46160

Love it.. Very True Steve.. when I left long island many moons ago (2006) they were just hitting $6 and about $7.50 in the city..

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Jeez, we might have been smoking somewhere because I believe you had to stand outside to smoke at that time!

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I wish I actually knew the date I started vaping but when I quit smoking I did not mark that day just know the month and year. Which every time I think about seams like a lifetime ago. I was vaping with Cig-A-Likes for a couple of years on and off. Could be I have been Vaping for 4 to 5 years.

Shawn

Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Jeez, we might have been smoking somewhere because I believe you had to stand outside to smoke at that time!
Very true.. Bars were PO'd still.. we were building alot of decks out back and on the sides of the local bars.. When i first moved to the south we could again smoke in the restaurants.. but it was hostile.. (looks and such) lol

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Remember when they legislated the Smoke Eaters? Thousands for them and then the outlawed indoor smoking and the bar owners wasted tons of money. I know a few who went out of business because of it.

Shawn

Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Remember when they legislated the Smoke Eaters? Thousands for them and then the outlawed indoor smoking and the bar owners wasted tons of money. I know a few who went out of business because of it.
Wow thats right !! They absolutely got nailed. and wasn't there something they wanted to do right before that to that was costing money.. Horrible

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Seeing it was in my bar hopping days probably but must have burned a few brains cells because I can't remember!

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Being personal friends with many bar owners made for many rounds on the house!

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
lmao... i do that alot... usually goes like this "When did I do that"?, " Bullshit".

One time someone showed me a picture from the 80's that I did not remember at all but a picture was worth a thousand words!

Manimal3497

Manimalizer
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Welcome-Dragon.gif

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Back in my bar hopping day I must have drank in every Town, County and Village on Long Island! Some were Big Names and famous and some I have seen on the new TV Series Vinyl!

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Welcome. And congrats on the imminent 2 yrs; my 2-yr is coming up in July. And no way is smoking cheaper, no way in hell. Cigs here were only $5.69/pk when I quit, but the only way that vaping costs more is if you have no self-control whatever on your shinyitis. We have so much more money now, it's amazing.

Andria

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Look at it as future savings - as in cheaper health care bills :)

VU Sponsors