Become a Patron!

Looking for a coil master

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Rating - 100%
64   0   0
Anyone have a coil master jig they wanna trade for a RDA? I got a few clones I can offer one in trade for the jig. Got a kayfun 3.1 a tugboat v1 a veritas and some other's.

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I am not letting go of mine that much is sure:D

Just head on over to RBA supplies and pick one up for $16.

UncleRJ

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
As nice as the coil master is, I had been using and getting great results from a nail.

If you can find a length of just about anything that is the right diameter, it will work just fine for you.

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Rating - 100%
64   0   0
I have a precision screw driver set for wrapping coils but I'd like the fast tight coils that type of.jig makes

dave/jayce

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have a precision screw driver set for wrapping coils but I'd like the fast tight coils that type of.jig makes
In the same boat as you, I have a couple more weeks until my wife gets off of maternity leave then I should be able to grab one. They look like they work awesome but I'll make that decision after I use one.

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Rating - 100%
64   0   0
Did the diy thing for two months I had good results but the stepping just sucked. I like to buy it and vape it. I try to buy juice that's at least a month old. Or order weeks in advance and let it sit but diy wasn't for me.

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Rating - 100%
64   0   0
I got the tobecco coil jig but that's just like a screw driver or drill bit. I need the jigs that wind the coil tight

L

Lighty269

it no worky

Code:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/UD-Coil-jig-6-Different-Diameters-/321647115311?_trksid=p2054897.l4275

UncleRJ

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Please don't take this wrong as it is not my intent.

Shameful as it is to admit this the first time I built a Kayfun (and Lord those are easy to build) it took me about an hour!

I had watched the same freaking video several times. I had my tools, I had my torch, I had my wire and I had my nail and my wicking material (cotton).

And I ended up with a great vape.

Next time went faster.

Ditched the torch an used a lighter.

But all in all I felt myself achieving a goal.

Its not the tools you have (or do not have) it is the end result!

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Rating - 100%
64   0   0
Its cool I can build nice contact coils by hand but the jig just seems faster and I don't have to torch and compress it. Just looks like it would be a nice addition to my vape kit horde I mean collection

L

Lighty269

Please don't take this wrong as it is not my intent.

Shameful as it is to admit this the first time I built a Kayfun (and Lord those are easy to build) it took me about an hour!

I had watched the same freaking video several times. I had my tools, I had my torch, I had my wire and I had my nail and my wicking material (cotton).

And I ended up with a great vape.

Next time went faster.

Ditched the torch an used a lighter.

But all in all I felt myself achieving a goal.

Its not the tools you have (or do not have) it is the end result!

I completely agree with you!

I use to use drill bits, but damn sometimes those suckers are sharp. When I saw the UD, I just had to try it.

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I got the Kuro clones from fasttech, 6 bucks for a set of three different sizes. Man they work nice, even when using twisted 26 gauge. I've got a coiling "puck" I won at a local B&M raffle for the March of Dimes. Now it's in my old vape gear cigar box with a bunch of assorted stuff like 510 atomizers, 2 ohm cartos (unopened) and more...

cobalt327

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
I got the Kuro clones from fasttech, 6 bucks for a set of three different sizes. Man they work nice, even when using twisted 26 gauge. I've got a coiling "puck" I won at a local B&M raffle for the March of Dimes. Now it's in my old vape gear cigar box with a bunch of assorted stuff like 510 atomizers, 2 ohm cartos (unopened) and more...
That's the one I linked to above- does everything I need. 2, 2.5 and 3mm rods plus I use brass tubing as a sleeve for mounting a 1/16" mandrel. Another piece of brass tubing fits over the 3mm mandrel for 3.5mm.

Webb

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There is a contest below to try and win one

VU Sponsors