Become a Patron!

Looking for a new mod, looking for recomendations

Number3124

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So, I've been a little out of the loop. I've been using a Drag 1 and a small rotation of RDAs for the last four years. I've been looking around my local shops for mods for the last few weeks, and I just don't see anything I like.

I'm looking for a beefy, solid feeling mod like the original Voopoo Drag 1. I'm mostly going to be using RDAs on it at around 130w so dual or triple battery mods are what I'm interested in.

Also, as a side note, my Drag 1 is still in perfectly fine working order. Might need a repaint, but that's about it. I'm just itching for some new gear.

Also, also, I do have a Drag 2 and have handled a Drag 3. While the Drag 2 is nice, it's a little light weight for my tastes, and the Drag 3 just does not do it for me.

Also, also, also, magnetic battery doors are preferred, but bottom battery doors are a no go.

Last edited:

Freyja

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Aegis Legend 2, perhaps.
Vandy Vape Jackaroo Dual, also.
Asmodus Minikin Boost, if you can find one.

Number3124

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Aegis Legend 2, perhaps.
Vandy Vape Jackaroo Dual, also.
Asmodus Minikin Boost, if you can find one.

Thanks for the reply. Not sure about the Jackaroo. I'm not a huge fan of bottom battery doors. I had a Legend 1 for a bit and there was a fault in the connection between the bottom of the mod and the connection point on the door. I managed to get it running again with some disassembly, but the fault persisted and ultimately killed the mod. Kinda put me off of that sort of battery door.

It's also the reason I'm not too interested in the Legend 2.

I'll have to look at the Minikin though.

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
So, I've been a little out of the loop. I've been using a Drag 1 and a small rotation of RDAs for the last four years. I've been looking around my local shops for mods for the last few weeks, and I just don't see anything I like.

I'm looking for a beefy, solid feeling mod like the original Voopoo Drag 1. I'm mostly going to be using RDAs on it at around 130w so dual or triple battery mods are what I'm interested in.

Also, as a side note, my Drag 1 is still in perfectly fine working order. Might need a repaint, but that's about it. I'm just itching for some new gear.

Also, also, I do have a Drag 2 and have handled a Drag 3. While the Drag 2 is nice, it's a little light weight for my tastes, and the Drag 3 just does not do it for me.

Also, also, also, magnetic battery doors are preferred, but bottom battery doors are a no go.
Well,,,,Drag is bottom door. Some have been vastly improved over the years, like Odin 200/250C - Riva 250C.

What about 2x21700...

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Among it's other attributes I like the shape, the big screen, and the big fire button.

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Just because your bottom battery door has failed, doesn't also mean all bottom battery doors are poor quality. They aren't. I own the Odin DNA 250C in brushed gunmetal finish... I can attest that it's a well-made mod─and one of the better looking ones at that IMO. Personally, I, wouldn't waste money on a dual 18650 regulated mod for vaping at 130W excepting only if size and portability is among primary concerns, as the battery life really is limited for this vaping style.

However, I just did a quick search and the cheapest I could find the Odin DNA 250C was still almost four times as expensive as the Wismec RX2 21700.

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
P.S.: One of the main important reasons why I highly recommend getting the RX2 21700 over any other similarly priced mod for high wattage vaping on an RDA is this:
(Set the Preheat Type to 'Curve', as that allows you to edit your own custom power curve with the NFE Tools software, which you only need to set up one time.)

VU Sponsors