Become a Patron!

Looking for a setup that mimics cigars

Boyblue

Member For 3 Years
I'm trying to find a setup that get's my brother off cigars. I'm thinking these are the features that best suit the situation:

Inhale activated
Adjustable airflow
Removable battery
Single 18650 battery
Adjustable wattage
Replaceable coils
Tube style

That's about all I can think of in the order of importance, any ideas?

Freyja

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
I'm trying to find a setup that get's my brother off cigars. I'm thinking these are the features that best suit the situation:

Inhale activated
Adjustable airflow
Removable battery
Single 18650 battery
Adjustable wattage
Replaceable coils
Tube style

Guessing you'll have to moderate your expectations.

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
I have never used an ecigar- I only use ecigs to quit smoking cigarettes- but I googled ecigars and found epuffer- you could always try them and see if they are OK for your brother.
Do you have any vape shops close by? Call and ask if they carry ecigars.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Are there any draw activated with removable battery? that'll solve most of Bro's issues.

I'll make a bold statement and say that I've never run across any vape gear worth buying that was draw-activated. All of it that I've ever seen was those tiny 510 batteries that a lot of people used about a decade ago. Obviously there are types of gear that I'm not familiar with, so maybe someone else can give you better advice.

The combination of "tube style" and "adjustable wattage" will limit your choices. There are lots of great tube mods, but they are mostly mechanical, and you control the vape with the choice of coil resistance and the level of the battery's charge. Off the top of my head I can think of just a few candidates: Tesla Punk Nano (86W variable wattage tube) and I believe the Nunchaku tube also. There is something called a "Magic Wand" that I've never tried, but I think that those are also variable wattage. All three of those devices are button-activated, but they do use external batteries. I am fairly certain you can still buy a Magic Wand at some of the Chinese vape gear sites, but not sure where you'd find either of the others.

Does bro want to start vaping, or are you trying to convince him? Just being nosy, don't feel like you have to answer, but I think many of us are familiar with being in that place where we want to make vaping as seamless as possible in order to get folks off cigarettes, but we're also familiar with the 1,825 excuses those people can make as to why vaping is just too much trouble, or they just don't like it, or they feel funny having other people see them vaping, blah blah blah. I went through it with my own sister, who was diagnosed with COPD when she was in her early 40s and wouldn't stop smoking for anything. She was disabled and ended up coming to live with me (under duress, she had no other choice at the time). We went back and forth for about three months and then one day I just told her I REFUSED to keep buying cigarettes for her so she could smoke and die a little at a time living right up under my nose. The hand-holding that ensued was stressful, but she made the switch finally, and she is still vaping and not smoking.

Good luck to you, and good on you for trying to help your brother. Just don't kill him if he's a PITA for a while. :blowkiss: You sound like a good brother.

Boyblue

Member For 3 Years
I have never used an ecigar- I only use ecigs to quit smoking cigarettes- but I googled ecigars and found epuffer- you could always try them and see if they are OK for your brother.
Do you have any vape shops close by? Call and ask if they carry ecigars.
Would find those here in Nassau but next time I stateside I'll have to get a few.

Train

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Here's a thought - the Dotstick.
Here it is direct from manufacturer.
It's not a perfect match, but it's not that far off, and it's a good company.
You can use an 18350 making it like a short stubby cigar, or an 18650 for a more typical tube mod shape.
It takes Nord coils, which should remain available for a long time.
Not fully variable, but has "high, medium, low" adjustment.
And of course...a fire button.

But really - to "get someone off" smoking, my personal opinion is that it's all about the juice.
You should be prepared (and prepare the bro) to try dozens of flavors, until he likes one enough that he'd rather vape than light up!! And it might NOT be a "cigar" flavor! I've witnessed countless people who started trying to find something that tasted like their cigarettes - but when the actually quit, guess what? It was "Blueberry Muffin" or "Strawberry Banana Smoothie" or something totally different that got them to switch!
1655436323923.png

Train

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years

Inhale activated
Adjustable airflow
Removable battery
Single 18650 battery
Adjustable wattage
Replaceable coils
Tube style

forgot to "reply" - suggestion above :)

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
Would find those here in Nassau but next time I stateside I'll have to get a few.
I don't know- I have never used this company or the product- you could call or email them and ask.

Boyblue

Member For 3 Years
I'll make a bold statement and say that I've never run across any vape gear worth buying that was draw-activated. All of it that I've ever seen was those tiny 510 batteries that a lot of people used about a decade ago. Obviously there are types of gear that I'm not familiar with, so maybe someone else can give you better advice.

The combination of "tube style" and "adjustable wattage" will limit your choices. There are lots of great tube mods, but they are mostly mechanical, and you control the vape with the choice of coil resistance and the level of the battery's charge. Off the top of my head I can think of just a few candidates: Tesla Punk Nano (86W variable wattage tube) and I believe the Nunchaku tube also. There is something called a "Magic Wand" that I've never tried, but I think that those are also variable wattage. All three of those devices are button-activated, but they do use external batteries. I am fairly certain you can still buy a Magic Wand at some of the Chinese vape gear sites, but not sure where you'd find either of the others.

Does bro want to start vaping, or are you trying to convince him? Just being nosy, don't feel like you have to answer, but I think many of us are familiar with being in that place where we want to make vaping as seamless as possible in order to get folks off cigarettes, but we're also familiar with the 1,825 excuses those people can make as to why vaping is just too much trouble, or they just don't like it, or they feel funny having other people see them vaping, blah blah blah. I went through it with my own sister, who was diagnosed with COPD when she was in her early 40s and wouldn't stop smoking for anything. She was disabled and ended up coming to live with me (under duress, she had no other choice at the time). We went back and forth for about three months and then one day I just told her I REFUSED to keep buying cigarettes for her so she could smoke and die a little at a time living right up under my nose. The hand-holding that ensued was stressful, but she made the switch finally, and she is still vaping and not smoking.

Good luck to you, and good on you for trying to help your brother. Just don't kill him if he's a PITA for a while. :blowkiss: You sound like a good brother.
I'm sure I've bought a draw activated one before, and like you observed, it was probably underpowered :) We actually started vaping the same time (5 years+) but the difference is I'd promised my wife that I'd quit and vaping made that promise easy for me.

As it turns out I bought a Voopoo Musket only because it was the least expensive mod available as a backup device and possibly one he could use. As is it turns out it has the one feature he really could use, It shuts down automatically after about 5 - 10 mins of inactivity. You have to press the fire button to reactivate and then use as normal.

Musket.jpg

VU Sponsors