Become a Patron!

Looking for recommendations for 2 new TC-capable mods

VinnySem

Silver Contributor
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have a couple of Hohm Tech Slices that I'm looking to retire. They work really good, but the shoddy paint on these things makes them look like they've been run over by a truck. And with Hohm Tech no longer supporting these, I'm thinking of replacing them altogether.

One mod I want is something that is either a single 26650 battery or a dual battery, that will do at least 200 watts, and temp control. One of my choices is the Lost Vape Paranormal, but I'm not current on what else is out there, so if there are other mods that fit this bill I'd love to hear about them.

The second mod I'd like is a single battery TC capable squonk mod. I also want something that is more portable when I don't want to carry around a big heavy mod in my pocket. An atomizer recommendation to pair with that mod would also be welcome.

Thanks in advance for the recommendations!

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
My go to setup is a paranormal 250c with an axial rda from unicorn mods..
I can’t recommend this enough, the axial is capable of either wide open airflow or a tight restrictive lung hit, as well single or dusk coil. Imho it is one of the better rdas out currently, and is squonkable also.
The paranormal, has the dna chipset,which as a fanboy is the best board in vaping right now. Especially
With replay mode.

For single cell I run a dna75c therion, again great board... but changing the battery can be a little cumbersome. I love mine, but it’s not everyone’s cup of tea.
Vicious ant has nice one out as does boxer.
Not sure what you’re looking to spend, but I also have the pulse which I find to be a great affordable squonk box with a good board.

Last edited:

Rooster Cogburn

Memento Mori
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
For your single cell Squonk mod with atomizer get a Dovpo Topside with Wotofo Profile. Oh if tc is needed this may not be best but if you can handle using in wattage this is a fantastic setup.
The Paranormal for your first mod is spot on and a great choice.

VinnySem

Silver Contributor
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah, from all the reading & video reviews I've watched, the Paranormal 250C seems to be THE mod to have. I'm heavily leaning towards getting that one, but was wondering if there's anything else out there that is comparable but doesn't get the mentions the Para gets.

And I saw that there is a squonk version of the Therion, but it's hard to find in stock. I'm not overly concerned about changing out the battery as this won't be my main device, just something fairly small and portable for warm weather when I don't have a coat with pockets.

VinnySem

Silver Contributor
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
For your single cell Squonk mod with atomizer get a Dovpo Topside with Wotofo Profile. Oh if tc is needed this may not be best but if you can handle using in wattage this is a fantastic setup.
The Paranormal for your first mod is spot on and a great choice.

I vape exclusively TC, I use all SS316 wire and I really enjoy the experience vaping in TC. My old portable device was an eVic VTwo mini, which I still have & works fine, but the TC isn't as accurate and without a squonk reservoir I'm limited in juice capacity.

VinnySem

Silver Contributor
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My go to setup is a paranormal 250c with an axial rda from unicorn mods..
I can’t recommend this enough, the axial is capable of either wide open airflow or a tight restrictive lung hit, as well single or dusk coil. Imho it is one of the better rdas out currently, and is squonkable also.
The paranormal, has the dna chipset,which as a fanboy is the best board in vaping right now. Especially
With replay mode.

For single cell I run a dna75c therion, again great board... but changing the battery can be a little cumbersome. I Persia love mine, but it’s not everyone’s cup of tea.
Vicious ant has nice one out as does boxer.
Not sure what you’re looking to spend, but I also have the pulse which I find to be a great affordable squonk box with a good board.

Have a source for that RDA? I can't seem to find it at my usual shopping sources.

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years

VinnySem

Silver Contributor
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I like that mod, unfortunately I'm looking for the BF version. Thanks though

[EDIT: Never mind that's your signature, I thought you were pointing me to your WTS ad]

VinnySem

Silver Contributor
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks for the pics f1r3b1rd! Have you any of the Vandy Pulse? I see there is the Pulse X and the Pulse Dual, both are squonkers and reasonably priced. Need to read some reviews on the Pulse TC chipset.

88ArDeN88

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
https://www.elementvape.com/vapecige-vtx200-squonk-starter-kit

Kill 2 birds with one stone. I don't own the mod, but I'm thinking of buying it. I've got the Therion BF DNA75c and I love it. This is a dna250c dual battery squonker. I can only imagine the battery life is insane as the battery life of my dna 250 mod is spectacular. For $120, I'm not in love with the look or the single color aesthetic, but it seems like a great deal.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
8B51820C-599F-4AAC-88BC-AE51DD0C5089.jpeg 784F0355-827A-4844-8FFB-65E11FE2EB8A.jpeg
Thanks for the pics f1r3b1rd! Have you any of the Vandy Pulse? I see there is the Pulse X and the Pulse Dual, both are squonkers and reasonably priced. Need to read some reviews on the Pulse TC chipset.
Yes there is a pulse x and dual.. I don’t have either of those, I use the pulse 80w and w luxotic df as beater mods.

VinnySem

Silver Contributor
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah I saw that one, I don't really care for the form factor of that mod. I'm going to either try and find a Therion BF or grab the Pulse X. Hell for the price of the Paranormal I can get both the Pulse and the Pulse dual, but if the chip is sub-par compared to the DNA I'll have to pass

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Yeah I saw that one, I don't really care for the form factor of that mod. I'm going to either try and find a Therion BF or grab the Pulse X. Hell for the price of the Paranormal I can get both the Pulse and the Pulse dual, but if the chip is sub-par compared to the DNA I'll have to pass
You’ll get many differing opinoins on “chip quality”
Imho, and from my experience the dna is much better, especially for tc. The Vandy chip in the pulse does not do tc nearly as well as the dna. It does fire accurately and provide a very nice vape in power mode. It also lets you have a degree of customization that many other boards don’t offfer. But, evolve still offers much more on the dna.

Do some research and figure out which one fits YOUR needs more and what you’re willing to pay.
It’s easy to get caught up in hype when talking to we, enthusiasts. In the end you have to be happy with your purchase and make sure it’s something that meets your expectations.

88ArDeN88

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I will just say this, I thought the whole DNA chip thing was a farce. Why would TC be better on a DNA rather than say my minikin V2 that offers the same feature? It just didn't make any sense to me. THEN, I bought a DNA250 because vaporrange.com had the oni 166 dna 250 on sale for $47.95 and I feel completely different. It is just better. It isn't something I can describe, it is more of something you need to experience. I liked my intake RTA on my other mods, but now that I put some 316L in it and threw it on the oni, that RTA is amazing. My recurve RDA on top of my Therion BF DNA75c is also amazing. It just works better. It's like the difference between driving a regular old bmw 330i, still a nice car and gets you from point a to point b comfortably and with some style, but then all of a sudden you find yourself driving a bmw M3 and you get from point a to point b faster, more comfortably, and with a hell of a lot more style, power, and features.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
How is the new Drone BF with the DNA250C? Watching some reviews now.
That’s my next purchase by all accounts It is the best thing out there for a dna 250 squoknker without getting into the ultra high end or custom boxes

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I wish you luck...I believe the mod you want would be a Drone 250C...Still trying to gather thoughts on 200w TC ;) My goodness ... (14x my wattage)

88ArDeN88

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I wish you luck...I believe the mod you want would be a Drone 250C...Still trying to gather thoughts on 200w TC ;) My goodness ... (14x my wattage)
I never use anything close to that power. Just because the mod can go that high doesn't mean it needs to. My dna 250 can do up to 166w with 2 18650 and can go up to 200w if I install a LiPo battery. I use at like 50w and 55w. The chip efficiency is just really really good on the dna250 and 250c, and I believe it needs 2 batteries to power it, but it also gives insane battery life.

88ArDeN88

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I can't find the drone bf squonk anywhere. The paranormal is on sale for $170 at elementvape.com. I'd buy the drone rn honestly. I love the theiron that much. Plus I like having the availability to squonk, there is nothing stopping me from putting an rta on a squonk mod and not squonking, but without the option, I don't really like rda's without squonking. I am not a fan of dripping. PIA if you ask me.

VinnySem

Silver Contributor
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I don't vape anywhere near that power level, currently I barely crack 100 watts. But the long battery life will definitely come in handy.

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
I hear the Drone's battery cover likes to pop out when you squonk it. Might depend on how/what finger.

I don't have a regulated squonker because the only 75C's that appeal to me right now is higher end and not gonna unass that much for it right now. When I do it will use 21700. Replay is so easy and works so well, I don't know why anyone would want anything else for TC. The result is a little more advanced than just temp and wattage like manual TC.

Here's a ss ReLoad S and a black Axial.
20190208_194252.jpg

https://www.vapecrawler.com/results/paranormal 250C
https://www.fasttech.com/products/3032/10015744/9675336

Last edited:

VinnySem

Silver Contributor
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Are there any devices coming out that haven't been released yet? I need to check pbusardo's and a few other Youtube channels to see what stuff they have in the review pipeline

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Are there any devices coming out that haven't been released yet? I need to check pbusardo's and a few other Youtube channels to see what stuff they have in the review pipeline
Seems the mod co's that use DNA boards are slow to produce new designs.
There's a couple choices for 75C but you said 100w [over 75].
I've been looking at the new Voopoo X-217 that'll hold a couple P42A 's for some really good run time. It's about 40-$45 depending on who it's ordered from.

VinnySem

Silver Contributor
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Has anyone checked out the Rebel Vape mods? They have some pretty interesting devices, a variety of options as far as battery configuration. 3D printed hardware with DNA and also YiHi boards.

88ArDeN88

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Has anyone checked out the Rebel Vape mods? They have some pretty interesting devices, a variety of options as far as battery configuration. 3D printed hardware with DNA and also YiHi boards.
@MannyScoot has one or more I believe. They are a little out of the range I would be willing to spend for a mod, especially a 3d printed mod. They look nice, but I have found many DNA mods at a much better price point.

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
I've looked. Haven't owned any Boxer or Rebel mod but I think they're well regarded. Except for the price of plastic.
Vicious Ant has a 21700 single battery 75C squonker but looks to be out of stock at VA, haven't looked elsewhere.

88ArDeN88

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've looked. Haven't owned any Boxer or Rebel mod but I think they're well regarded. Except for the price of plastic.
Vicious Ant has a 21700 single battery 75C squonker but looks to be out of stock at VA, haven't looked elsewhere.
I actually like the 2x 20700 or 21700 capable dna250c squonker they have. I might actually save my monthly vape $$ and buy that thing. I imaging with 2 21700 the dna250c chip could last for a couple days without charging. Plus it looks very nice in red.

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
OK. you mentioned a 2nd mod and squonking in your OP.

88ArDeN88

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Not at all. Squonking isn't a requirement, regulated & temp control is.
For me, if I plan on using an RDA, squonking is required. I usually try to buy mods for my tanks or tanks for my mods, or at least have a good idea in mind of what combo I want to go with. I like to match somewhat, and I also like to make sure I am getting the most out of whatever product I'm buying.

VinnySem

Silver Contributor
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Squonking for me would only be a convenience when using a smaller setup, to have more juice capacity than tanks of that size would. Currently my main RTAs are Digiflavor Themis in both mesh and dual coil setups.

88ArDeN88

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I also think that if you are interested in squonking at all, a squonk mod is the way to go. You can always throw an RTA on a squonk mod and just take the bottle out, you CAN"T add squonking to a device that doesn't have it.

VinnySem

Silver Contributor
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I also think that if you are interested in squonking at all, a squonk mod is the way to go. You can always throw an RTA on a squonk mod and just take the bottle out, you CAN"T add squonking to a device that doesn't have it.
Yes, that's exactly what I'm thinking/planning on doing. Get two TC-capable squonk mods, one in a smaller more portable single battery setup, and another with a dual battery setup.

VU Sponsors