Become a Patron!

looking to buy IPV3, no current knowledge of mods

so i am not currently a vaper.. ive used e cigs before and i liked them but its never gone further than that. i am super interested in the ipv3 box mod though. ive seen it around and i like the look of it and ive been looking into some yummy juices and im ready to get started. so far i gather that i will need some kind of drip tip, and cotton and i dont know what else. can someone break down for me exactly what i need and what i will need to do to keep up with it and maintain it for good smooth vaping?? all help will be appreciated.

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
I'd get a Kanger Subtank or Kanger Subtank Mini. You can start by using replaceable coils at first. When you're ready to build your own coils, both come with a RBA base and suitable chimney, that you can use instead of the replacement coils. Be aware, you'll sacrifice a little volume of the tank, when utilizing the RBA. In order to learn how to build coils and what material to use, do a Google search for "Kanger Subtank build" and you should find plenty of video tutorials.

anendeloflorien

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I'd get a Kanger Subtank or Kanger Subtank Mini. You can start by using replaceable coils at first. When you're ready to build your own coils, both come with a RBA base and suitable chimney, that you can use instead of the replacement coils. Be aware, you'll sacrifice a little volume of the tank, when utilizing the RBA. In order to learn how to build coils and what material to use, do a Google search for "Kanger Subtank build" and you should find plenty of video tutorials.

Or get a mini subtank :D I have the original 6ml subtank and you do have to change out the top cap to put in the RBA base but on the mini you can swap it out just like the stock coils! If you have to have the large capacity there's a V2 coming out soon that has the same setup, no need to change out the top and increased airflow!

Fishee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You are already doing one of the most important things.
You're asking questions.
Keep asking, keep researching, keep safety in mind,
And definitely have as much fun with it as possible.

TwistedVaper

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I have the iPV 3 and an Arctic Tank. I used to have an Aspire Atlantis but it's got a bad flaw that causes juice to shoot up into your mouth. My friend has one and has the same issue with his also. The arctic tank looks similar to the Atlantis but produces better flavor and quite a bit more vapor with their .2 ohm coils. It's also cheaper than the Atlantis.

Hope you that helps you out!

Cloudboss

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I dont know if an ipv is what you would want, if you want to get in to rebuildables than sure but you would be limiting the device if you are going to use tanks you can get great devices that will better suit your tastes and save your wallet.

for the low end you could check out a Vision spinner its great for ego clearomizers. A little more expensive maybe an innokin itaste mvp or maybe even an i stick 30

I can tell you if you get the ipv you will need to buy 18650 batterys which run around 11$ a piece then you will need a charger preferably a smart charger which will probably be at least 20$ to 25$. The pricing gets steep very fast in the vape world I my self have racked up over 1k$ since i started. i dont want to discourage you, just inform you that maybe you want to start with something a little smaller. to add if you want to start building coils you will have to buy kanthal, cotton, ohms reader and a few tools to help make your builds cleaner. you could easily rack up 300$ by the time it is all said and done

VU Sponsors