Become a Patron!

Looking to upgrade... Eleaf iStick 30w or eGo ONE Joytech?

Hey guys,

Just got into vaping. Found a good deal on a "starter kit" that contained a eo-one battery and some kind of Aspire tank. After vaping about 2 weeks on it, I found I really loved it and it helped me cut my bad habit of dipping Copenhagen.

I'm ready to move up to something a little more "advanced" to produce some more vapor. I was looking at the Eleaf iStick 30w and the eGo ONE. My price range is around $50-$75 (trying to keep it as cheap as possible). I am kind of a casual vapor and a student so I would walk around campus with my vape. I found that my starter kit was small and convenient so I can put it in my pocket, and take it out when I wanted a hit. The Eleaf iStick looks like it might be kinda bulky to carry around "on-the-go". Another thing I noticed is the eGo ONE comes in kinda a complete kit, whereas the iStick you have to buy that and then a seperate kind of tank on the side. I have no experience vaping on different Volts or Wattage.

If you guys have any suggestions on a good kit to upgrade to, please let me know. All answers are appreciated!

Don't know if this helps but I'm new to vaping also and picked up the istick 30w as my first about a week ago. I don't have anything to compare it to but am completely happy with it. It's not bulky, I can comfortably keep it and my phone or wallet in the same pocket.

Roguexx

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
The Istick Is smaller I have the 30w and love it. I'm an iron worker it's in my pocket all day. What aspire tank do you have. If it is the Atlantis that works perfect on an Istick. If your sure you love vaping I'd shoot for the Istick 50w. Is like 15ish buck more and it give you that much more. I started with this. Could only vape at 15w. Now I average 25w and wish I had more. 0328151515-1.jpg

TotallyWicked

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
The eGo ONE is a wider cylinder shaped device and the 30watt iStick which is more of a rectangle shaped device, both are equally comfortable in my opinion. The ego-one and istick are both integrated battery units and both support sub-ohm atomizers. Im not sure how low the ego-one will support, but the lowest supported ohm rating with the istick 30 watt is 0.4ohms. Also the iStick has a LED screen with battery life indicator , meanwhile the ego-one has a different button flashing sequences / speeds to indicate remaining charge. The ego-one has 2 battery size options, a 1100mah and a 2200mah. The 2200mah battery is almost the same size as the istick 30 watt, but just a tad bit longer. For dimension reference comparison I've attached an image of the 2 side by side.

WP_20150414_001.jpg

SmokinLiberty

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I use a Kanger Kbox, I stay with my Atlantis on top of it. Its Basic, Its like 40 Watts so Its Does Well and Its small, But not too small. Perfect In Fact...

madmonkey

The Road Warrior
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I haven't used an Ego one yet, but I have used an Istick 30 and the Kbox and out of those two I would say the Istick 30 is a superior device. The Kbox is a very basic mod, yes it does go up to 40 watts but it's not fully adjustable like the Istick. The Kbox requires a separate battery and charger where as the Istick battery is built in and charged via an USB cable making it less fuss and money to start vaping with and is much smaller than it appears in pictures and fits in the hand and pocket well. I also think the Istick is a more sturdy device where the Kbox is very fragile and if you're the kind of person that drops things on occasion, I know the Istick can take more of a beating, neither can take much but the Istick will have a better chance of holding up if dropped once in awhile.

I understand vaping on a budget, especially as I am currently unemployed at the moment and e-liquid is a huge expense as my income is scary and small ATM, but if you can scrape together the extra few dollars for the 50 watt if you do go the Istick route it will be worth it in the long run with the extra battery life and the flexibility you'll have in options to power tanks if you want to upgrade or just run your tank at the highest wattage it can handle, especially if it's a sub ohm tank or you feel like you want to use an RDA in the future...you'll have a "one device fits all".

Dan DePippo

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I would buy a iStick 30 a subtank nano and a pack of .5 coils for tank. All together it should be around 65 to 70 and coils should last you like 2 months before you need more.

heateris

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Search YouTube also. There's ton of decent reviews.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Istick 30 or 50 and Subtank mini.
This ^. A regulated device with fixed voltage is dumb. The istick's are variable. Much better. Also the subtank mini is 22mm and has a rebuildable option. Much better than the odd sized, factory coil head only nano.

Rhyno636

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I voted nano because the tank with coils is great for a beginner. If you want to rebuild, the mini doesn't even begin to compare with the likes of a Goliath or lemo2. I'd recommend an I stick 30 with the nano if you don't want to build, or an I stick 50 with a goblin or lemo2 if you do. The sub tank mini isn't mini by any means. It's too large for an I stick 30 in my opinion.

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I completely disagree. The ability to use factory coil heads is good for beginners, but why wouldn't being able to use the same device to learn to rebuild be better than only having the pre built coil option? Also, the nano doesn't fit the istick 30 landing pad like the mini. The mini seems to fit it perfectly.
3DUcZlv.jpg

Robert B

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hey guys,

Just got into vaping. Found a good deal on a "starter kit" that contained a eo-one battery and some kind of Aspire tank. After vaping about 2 weeks on it, I found I really loved it and it helped me cut my bad habit of dipping Copenhagen

Good job quitting the Copenhagen. I used to dip a can a day of skoal longcut wintergreen, and I know how hard it is to quit that stuff. Dipping is nicotine ingestion on steroids, especially with Copenhagen. How much did you used to use?

Dan DePippo

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I agree with Ryno and Zamazam. In fact I said it already lol. Rebuilds aren't for beginners and they wanted a smaller device. As for iStick 50 it's bigger and has had fire button problems. I don't think a newbie should chance knowing what to do with a auto fire. Just my thoughts

nightshard

It's VG/PG not PG/VG
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I voted nano because the tank with coils is great for a beginner. If you want to rebuild, the mini doesn't even begin to compare with the likes of a Goliath or lemo2. I'd recommend an I stick 30 with the nano if you don't want to build, or an I stick 50 with a goblin or lemo2 if you do. The sub tank mini isn't mini by any means. It's too large for an I stick 30 in my opinion.
I chose mini because it fits the depth of the Istick, unlike the nano.
Nothing wrong with a beginner wanting to learn to rebuild and the mini is a good choice for that, unlike the goblin.
If he doesn't want to rebuild he can use the stock heads but he has the option.
For the price difference it's a no brainer.

There are no stupid batteries, just stupid people.

Rhyno636

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The mini on a 30 looks like you should grip the tank when you hold it. Like a glock with an extended mag. Guarantee it'll tip like crazy too. Enough BS talk comparing the subtanks. Get a 50 and a Starre/Magnusson/Atlantis/ or Hercules. Also get a $10 RDA to fuck with. Sure the Kanger subtanks satisfy some people, but if you can get a Cadillac for literally pennies more, then do it! I wish I didn't waste the time or money on so much of the "pretty good" stuff I've bought over the years.

Dan DePippo

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
You really need a more powerful mod for those tanks except the Atlantis. Sorry couldn't help it just fokking with ya Rhyno lol

VU Sponsors