Become a Patron!

Lost my Aegis X bung.

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Hi all, no idea how I lost it, but did a usb charge on my misses Aegis X mod and lost the bung/plug.
At the moment I'm using Blu Tack sticky stuff. I know its good because 25 yrs ago took a dingy out fishing and lost the bung, I luckily had some Blu Tack and filled the bung from the water side and fished no problems for 5 hours! Sounds crazy but it worked, pressure from outside of the water pushing on it and not a drop came in the boat.
Am using it now on the Aegis X ...
20200921_173731(1).jpg
but does anyone know something better that can be put on and taken off over and over?

Bigrick

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
The Aegis Legend comes with an extra. Not so with the X? They may be the same, do you think?

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
The Aegis Legend comes with an extra. Not so with the X? They may be the same, do you think?
Hi, not sure. Got an extra with my Aegis Solo but the X didn't come with one. Odd isn't it that out of the 3 the X is the only one without an extra! Im thinking of filling it with silicone. Might be the only logical choice. Me, logical, that'll be a first! :giggle:
Thanks for the reply. ?

DaBunny

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Hi, not sure. Got an extra with my Aegis Solo but the X didn't come with one. Odd isn't it that out of the 3 the X is the only one without an extra! Im thinking of filling it with silicone. Might be the only logical choice. Me, logical, that'll be a first! :giggle:
Thanks for the reply. ?
detail out da sucker...

just think of it like a toy boat
you could inset wire cross members to reinforce for rigidity.

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
detail out da sucker...

just think of it like a toy boat
you could inset wire cross members to reinforce for rigidity.
You just reminded me with that post of an auto fibreglass patch kit I have in the shed from about 15 years ago I got to fix some rust in an old Ford I had but never got around to using. Was never opened so should still be ok. I'll hunt it out tomorrow. ?

Bigrick

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
You just reminded me with that post of an auto fibreglass patch kit I have in the shed from about 15 years ago I got to fix some rust in an old Ford I had but never got around to using. Was never opened so should still be ok. I'll hunt it out tomorrow. ?
Honestly I would try to find one online. For me jurry rigging would just not do. I baby my gear and like to keep it looking nice. An automotive bondo patch is not nice.

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Honestly I would try to find one online. For me jurry rigging would just not do. I baby my gear and like to keep it looking nice. An automotive bondo patch is not nice.
Hi, yeah I hear you but cant find them at all online and even the Geekvape site doesn't show them in their parts section. Have sent an email request to them so will wait and see if they can do something otherwise ill have to seal it. It is in a stupid position up top the way it is and couldnt have been put in a worse place right next to the tank.
Will wait and see, though wont hold my breath as vape manufacturers are notorious for ignoring emails from my experience.
Cheers.

Bigrick

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Look before you do anything you regret later. Will the Legend bung work? I will give you my extra if it keeps a defenceless vape mod whole. Let me know.

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Look before you do anything you regret later. Will the Legend bung work? I will give you my extra if it keeps a defenceless vape mod whole. Let me know.
Thanks for the offer, thats generous to do so. Might be a bit far an across the globe journey to Down Under (though we like to think there has been a geologists conspiracy started by the Illuminati, or was that the Lizard people.... ? I always get them mixed up, and we are actually the top of the world) :giggle:
Jokes aside. I will exhaust all efforts to get one though before I choose the sealing it one.
Thanks again I appreciate the kind offer. ?

Bigrick

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Do they have a Radio Shack or like down under? I have aquired some unusual items there.

VU Sponsors