Become a Patron!

Lost Vape Centaurus M100 - Review by Ben28

Ben28

Member For 1 Year

Lost Vape Centaurus M100
Lost Vape Centaurus M100 Kit 1.JPG
I have been wanting to try a Lost Vape mod for quite some time and this time, I bring you the M100. Honestly, I had pretty high expectations and as such I was not disappointed but, it is below them.

This review is possible thanks to Sue from Healthcabin. You can visit her site and learn more about the Lost Vape Centaurus M100.

Features;
  • 1. Squircle frame, light and durable​
  • 2. Customizable dual-size panels​
  • 3. Single external 18650 battery with 100W max​
  • 4. Enhanced QUEST 2.0 chipset​
  • 5. 3-in-1 jog dial interface​
  • 6. Sliding on/off switch​
  • 7. 0.96'' TFT display screen​
  • 8. Universal 510 connector​
  • 9. Fit for Centaurus Sub Coo Tank​
Brand
Lost Vape
Product Name
Centaurus M100 Mod
Battery Type
Single external 18650 battery (not included)
Power Range
5-100W
Battery Voltage
3.0V-4.2V
Charging Voltage
5V/2A
Type-C Cable
Support 5V/2A charger
Display
0.96'' TFT display screen
Coil Resistance Supported
0.1Ω-3.0Ω
Connector
Fit For
Centaurus Sub Coo Tank
Product Size
92.7*38*26mm
Packing Size
82*124*37mm
Color
Midnight Blue, Knight Black, Lunar Pink, Gunmetal Grey, Interstella, Icy Mint, Dusty Rose, Galaxy Beige

Packaging
ReLens_IMG_20240815164446.jpg
The product comes in a rectangular box. As we can see, the color of the box goes according to the product, so we could say that we have an individual packaging for each color chosen. In the upper left corner we can see the Lost Vape logo. In the center we witness a nice preview of what is the device that again, matches the chosen color. Finally at the bottom we are given to know the model, in this case, the Centaurus M100.

ReLens_IMG_20240815164453.jpg
On the back the pink decoration has disappeared. Everything appears on a white background, highlighting the black typography. We are shown on one side the contents, some warnings and some contact addresses and on the other side a qr code and a scratch off, some warning logos and a bar code along with the chosen color.

In the box;
1* Centaurus M100 Box Mod
1* Type-C Cable
1* User Manual
1* Warranty Card

Device Inspection
ReLens_IMG_20240815164527.jpg
This is what I consider the front end in this product. In this case I am talking about the display area, the button, the switch and the charging port, since everything is concentrated here.

We will start from the top down, starting with the button. This button is composed of three simple parts. On one side we have a rotary wheel that simply serves to change the power of the device, ranging from 5-40W in 1W increments and from 40-100W in 2W increments. On the other hand, the central button, which is the one that is pressed to operate the mod or to access some other function. In this case it will serve for two simple things, with three clicks we lock the power change wheel, with five clicks we change the vape mode. In the vape mode we differentiate the DIY (normally used in atomizers type RDA, RTA or RDTA) or Normal mode, which would fit the atomizer specifically designed and sold by Lost Vape for this device. Finally, that white strip is a led that will serve as a battery indicator when we press the button, indicating it by the following colors. A last function is the reset of the puff counter, with the device off we will have to hold the fire button and turn it on while we keep holding it, in this way, the counter will reset to 0.

* Purple, from 100-80%
* Green, from 80-60%
* Blue, from 60-40%
* White, from 40-20%
* Red, from 20-0%

If we continue looking down we find the 0.96 inches TFT screen, which I will talk about later in more depth. Just below is the switch, which is used to turn the device on and off. Finally, we can see the charging port that will charge the device at 5V/2A, however, it is highly recommended and almost mandatory to charge them in an external charger.

ReLens_IMG_20240815164536.jpg

This is the screen in question in a closer shot. It has 0.96 inches TFT and has a quite considerable brightness but, not adjustable. Overall, the device is quite simple and has almost no customization options.

The screen in question will display the following information;
- Battery percentage.
- Power in W.
- Vape mode ( DIY/Normal ).
- Ω indicator.
- Voltage indicator.
- Puffs duration counter.
- Puffs counter.

ReLens_IMG_20240815164603.jpg

In one of the sides we find the battery compartment. In this case, the door is anchored by magnets and I must say that both have enough play. The battery compartment is simple but the good thing is that it brings us a handle to remove it easily.

From this side we can talk about the shape of the device in general. As we can see, it has a rectangular shape with well rounded edges and on one side protrudes the fire button. The materials are of good quality and the feeling in hand is quite light, I think it is a Zinc Alloy throughout the body of the mod.

On the other hand, add that the doors are completely interchangeable, so we could put the other color and create a combination that we like.

The other side is practically the same, has the same door with the same anchoring system but does not give any compartment, it is simply decoration.

ReLens_IMG_20240815164613.jpg

At the top we find the 510 connector, obviously universal for any type of atomizer. It is anchored by three screws and seems to be quite resistant. On the other hand, add that in my opinion, at most, we can use a 24/25mm atomizer in this mod without burning our eyes, because otherwise it overhangs the sides. I think a 22mm is the perfect choice.

Ben28

Member For 1 Year

Vaping Time

First let's talk about design and sensations in hand. I have to say that it feels quite light and very comfortable in hand. Having a rectangular shape not very wide, makes it small and is very easy to hold and ergonomic. One thing I do not like at all is the rattling of the doors, because yes, in this device that happens.

For the test I used the Dead Rabbit Solo RDA with a resistance of 0.28Ω at about 35W. I have to say that it is a pretty good and fast reacting chip, a little slower in normal mode and a little more agile in DIY mode. It heats up the resistors fast and gives the expected performance but, we have a drawback. I have noticed that sometimes the battery has gone from 53% to 40% and after a puff it has gone back up to 50%. I don't quite know why this happens, maybe the battery percentage reader is a bit wrong, because I said that this set of batteries has been purchased one day before starting to write the review, that is, they are practically new. It is not a very annoying problem as such, but if we buy a device we want it to be the best possible and I should point it out.

On the other hand, the fact that it has a dial and switch I quite like, although I have to say that the dial tends to move only occasionally and can become annoying, hopefully, it is easily lockable. The switch is convenient and it is very pleasant to turn off the device in this way.

Pros And Cons

Pros
Cons
Good Overall Performance
The Doors Rattle
Good Switch Functionality
Lack Of Modes And Customization
Great Building Materials
The Dial Sometimes Moves Unintentionally ( can be blocked )
Pocket Sized
Lightweight

Conclusion
I have little more to say about the device. In some aspects it has disappointed me if I compare it with my expectations, but as such, it is not a bad device, everything must be adjusted to the buyer. If you want something simple and without many modes or anything like that, this could be the one for you. If you are looking for something with multiple modes, customization, glows, different UIs and a long list of etceteras, this is not for you.

VU Sponsors