Become a Patron!

Lost Vape Thelema Quest 2.0 200w Mod Review by SessionDrummer

SessionDrummer

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Lede.jpg

Having owned numerous Lost Vapes DNA mods over the years, and always been impressed with them, when I finally broke them (after heavy use, drops, etc.), I always questioned, "Should I buy another one, with as much as they cost" ? Well I did, hehe, but the thought was always there.

Lost Vape must have heard me, because they started releasing Quest chip based mods at less than HALF the price of comparable DNA mods. Wait, similar mod for less than HALF the price ?? Maybe you're a diehard DNA fan, skeptical of a non-DNA chipset, or maybe you're just needing a dual batt mod that won't break the bank.

Let's see what's what with the new Quest 2.0 chipset, and the Thelema 200w Mod.

**Features:**

* Quest 2.0 Chipset
* Dimensions - 92.5mm by 56mm by 27.6mm
* Dual High-Amp 18650 Batteries - Not Included
* Wattage Output Range: 5-200W
* Voltage Output Range: 0.7-8.0V
* Resistance Range: 0.1-5.0ohm
* Temperature Range: 200°-600°F
* Nickel, Titanium, SS Wire Compatibility
* Power Mode
* TC Mode
* Votlage Mode
* Bypass Mode
* Boost Function - Soft, Norm, Hard
* Zinc-Alloy + PC Chassis Construction
* Intuitive Firing Button
* 0.96" TFT Color Display Screen
* Two Adjustment Buttons
* Mode Button
* Magnetic/Replaceable Battery Door
* Low Battery Protection
* Check Atomizer Protection
* Short-Circuit Protection
* Temperature Protection
* 10S Timeout Protection

**Included:**

* 1 Thelema Quest Box Mod
* 1 Type-C Cable
* 1 Warranty Card
* 1 User Manual

From Lost Vape on the Quest 2.0 Chipset..

Snap 2021-09-17 at 12.23.24.png

Snap 2021-09-17 at 12.24.35.png

Snap 2021-09-17 at 12.25.04.png

Looking pretty good so far, so let's get into it.

Box.jpg

The mod was nicely protected in a foam bag, along with USB-C cable, user's guide, warranty card, and stickers.

Contents.jpg

I chose the Black with Clear and I was glad I did. It was a looker.

Full.jpg

Taking a closer look at the battery lid.

Open 2.jpg

The lid itself was FAR sturdier and much stronger than I had expected, and I liked how Lost Vape left the lid clear, but the battery sled opaque for some contrast.

Open.jpg

Not only was the lid much stronger than expected, but the magnets were also very strong.

Lid Magnets.jpg

SessionDrummer

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The battery sled was marked with polarities, and a nice pull ribbon.

Battery Sled.jpg

The battery posts were VERY well designed, and felt very snug when the batts were installed. I loved that you could see the tech through the opaque sled.

Open Closeup.jpg

Everything closed up snug as a bug, with no rattles.

Closed.jpg

Moving onto the front, the typical 3 button (up, select, down) worked flawlessly, and were nice and clicky, with solid operation.

Full Front.jpg

The 0.96" Color TFT display was easy to read, and with tons of info including dual batt gauges, wattage (in power mode), coil res., Fire mode, user number, and puff counter.

Display Stock.jpg

The power adjustments did take some time to scroll through without much ramp up, and it was not round robin.

Display Power.jpg

Navigation was intuitive and easy, and it had 7 adjustable screen colors.

Display Settings.jpg

Display Colors.jpg

For my style I kept it in Power Mode around 65w., in Hard Power Mode.

**Modes:**

**Power Mode:**

Adjustable wattage from 5-200 watts.

**Temperature control mode:**
The temperature and wattage can be adjusted under SS904, SS316, TI.
The temperature value can be changed between 100 ° C and 315 ° C, 200 ° F and 600 ° F, the power can be set between 5.0-200 W.
* SS904 mode is specially designed for UB Pro P3 coil which is built with SS904 wire.

**VPC mode:**
VPC mode is a custom curve output mode. The output power value can be changed every 0.5 seconds within 4 seconds from 5 to 200W.

**Boost function:**
Thelema 200W supports Boost functionality in power mode to increase / decrease the pre-hit (Soft, Norm, Hard).

**Bypass:**
It allows you to vape automatically, the power decreases as the battery drops, with the Bypass function activated it is not possible to use the “Boost” function.

**Basic Operation:**

5 clicks ON/OFF
(+) and (-) locks/unlocks

**Testing/Usage:**

I tried out all modes with the exception of TC, and they worked as expected. My personal preference was in Power Mode, with Hard Firing. Overall the fit and finish actually surprised me as I had expected at least a few cut backs. The mod felt great in the hand, and just like every other Lost Vape dual batt mod, and I couldn't get anything to shake or rattle. The Black and Clear really looked good, and being able to see a lot of the tech on the inside was a bonus. Obviously having a clear cover showcases your batteries, so keep that in mind if you have ugly batts !!! The display was one of the first, in a long while, that I didn't have to crank all the way up upon first use to be able to see clearly, and I left it at the stock 70% brightness. After really diving into the settings, I didn't feel like anything was missing, and navigation was simple and uncomplicated. The MFG claimed firing down to 0.001s and it did feel pretty quick.

**Pros:**

* Bright, easy to read display
* Clear panels showcase internals and batts
* Easy navigation
* Quick Firing
* Solid battery sled, and panel
* Nice clicky, tactile buttons
* No shakes or rattles
* Much more reasonable than comparable DNA mod(s)
* Battery panel replaceable/upgradable
* USB-C Charging

**Cons:**

* 510 threads not quite as smooth as typical from Lost Vape
* Clear panel will reveal ugly battiers, and battery ribbon visible
* Firmware Upgradable ??
* Somewhat slow power adjustments, ramp up ?? no round robin

**Conclusion:**

Clocking in at less than half the price of a comparable Lost Vapes DNA mod, and a Quest 2.0 chipset, I had expected to be left wanting in a few areas with this mod, but I wasn't. Loved the look of the black and clear, and the bright display, ease of use, and quick firing really impressed. Solidly built, felt good in the hand, easy to use, and simple operation kept the enjoyment level high throughout the test. I was actually pretty impressed, and with the savings, you could almost get two or three of these, for the price of one other. With all of the options included, colors, functionality, it was hard to find fault with it, especially at this price point. A pretty solid mod, with a lot of options, that might just surprise you.

As I was finishing this write up, I discovered you could interchange battery covers from DNA Thelemas which was just one more bonus.

**Colors:**

Quest Colors.jpg

**Linkage:**

Thanks for taking the time to check out this review.

S.D.

Sizing RDTA Side.jpg

Last edited:

VU Sponsors