Become a Patron!

Lucky Success Menthol

Zortec2112

Member For 4 Years
I’m certain the background of this juice will be boring to most people, but I’m gonna post it anyway.

Since I began DIY I’ve been making a bucketload of recipes that I love to vape, thanks to the many people who have graciously shared their recipes and notes on this forum! Without the guidance of so many talented people I’d most likely still be buying vendor juices and missing out on the merits of DIY.

However, I felt a tinge of guilt…I’ve been making all these juices that I love, but I couldn’t make anything for my wife. She really only vaped ONE single juice, with very little interest in anything else. I’ve tried various recipes for her, even some she liked, but nothing I made could get her to replace the vendor juice. Part of the kitchen counter is fully stocked with bottles for myself, while “her area” had a few bottles that sat mostly untouched. I wasn’t attempting to clone the vendor juice, just make something similar in the flavor profile that she’d like.

Almost ready to throw in the towel, I set to work on one last try - using notes, the vendor’s description, a single-flavor clone from HIC, and a bit of knowledge I gained from the threads here. This time I got lucky! As I added ingredients I had her taste. She provided guidance as to what she was looking for. I still didn’t have high hopes.
After about a week of her vaping what I made, I had the satisfaction of seeing her dump her vendor juice down the drain! That was a good day!

As a lesson to new DIYers - and to myself - DON’T give up!

This isn’t something that I can vape…I hate menthol. That was the biggest challenge of making this recipe. I wasn’t able to vape it to determine what I needed to do. I won’t be of much help regarding substitutions or flavor notes. It just tastes like crappy menthol to me. But for those who do like menthol, maybe it’ll be what you’re looking for….

If not, I’ll gladly join you in hating this recipe! I’ll still chalk it up as a successful one!

Thanks for enduring my novel! If you try it, let me know what you think - and maybe suggest a good name for it! Here it is:

10% FW Candy Cane
2% FA Fresh Cream
0.5% FA Catalan Cream
1.5% TFA Menthol (I’d start lower - this % is where my wife prefers)
0.5% FA Caramel
1% FA Peppermint
1 drop per ml FA Black Pepper

zaroba

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
looks like an odd combination of stuff.
I'll give it a try sometime this week, except without the catalan because I can't stand that stuff.

don't have the black pepper or menthol though.
But I do have a few ounces of menthol crystals, just gotta look up how much to dissolve in vg.

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I hate Menthol too.
But...
It's a good thing when you can make a mix that someone else likes.
Grats, Nice Job...
Have you ever tried making a Menthol Tobacco for her?

Zortec2112

Member For 4 Years
I hate Menthol too.
But...
It's a good thing when you can make a mix that someone else likes.
Grats, Nice Job...
Have you ever tried making a Menthol Tobacco for her?

I have, yes. The vendor juice she was vaping is technically a tobacco vape. Neither one of us can taste the tobacco in it though. My first attempt at making a recipe for her included a tobacco - and she hated it. What's funny is, she kept telling me to add more menthol. Eventually I had it up to 7%!! And she claimed that she still tasted tobacco (mind you, there was only 0.5% tobacco flavoring in there)! I even let several menthol smokers at work try it and they couldn't taste anything but menthol either. That's the reason I came up with the idea for using FA Black Pepper...it gives the juice an "edge" without using a tobacco flavor. I didn't tell her about the black pepper until she'd been vaping it for several weeks. ;)

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I have, yes. The vendor juice she was vaping is technically a tobacco vape. Neither one of us can taste the tobacco in it though. My first attempt at making a recipe for her included a tobacco - and she hated it. What's funny is, she kept telling me to add more menthol. Eventually I had it up to 7%!! And she claimed that she still tasted tobacco (mind you, there was only 0.5% tobacco flavoring in there)! I even let several menthol smokers at work try it and they couldn't taste anything but menthol either. That's the reason I came up with the idea for using FA Black Pepper...it gives the juice an "edge" without using a tobacco flavor. I didn't tell her about the black pepper until she'd been vaping it for several weeks. ;)

Lol, sounds like she'd like a plain Menthol Vape maybe?
But I'd bet you already tried that too...

Zortec2112

Member For 4 Years
looks like an odd combination of stuff.
I'll give it a try sometime this week, except without the catalan because I can't stand that stuff.

don't have the black pepper or menthol though.
But I do have a few ounces of menthol crystals, just gotta look up how much to dissolve in vg.

It is indeed an odd combo - fortunately for me, it served its purpose! The black pepper is there to "replace" the effect of tobacco in the vendor juice. I suppose you could say it adds a touch of harshness. Sorry I can't tell you the ratios for using menthol crystals...haven't ever used them myself. Let me know if you try it - and I won't be in the least bit upset if you don't care for it! You may be doing someone else a favor by suggesting alternatives.

Menthol

Member For 4 Years
Dont hate me lol i'm cool, You just gotta get me in the right proportions, I'm also good to brighten fruits up, And i give a lovely throat hit.
Thank you for posting the recipe and also the story that goes with it, That makes it extra special.

Zortec2112

Member For 4 Years
Dont hate me lol i'm cool, You just gotta get me in the right proportions, I'm also good to brighten fruits up, And i give a lovely throat hit.
Thank you for posting the recipe and also the story that goes with it, That makes it extra special.

Sorry dude. We just ain't gonna be friends! :p

Actually, I love your "intro" description! And, it did make me realize I could be looking at menthol all wrong, and just maybe, someday it could find a place in my mixes. But this recipe is a no-go for this cat. Huh uh. Wayyy over the top for me.
Thanks for dropping in to say "Hi" and for the compliment! :)

Menthol

Member For 4 Years
I’m certain the background of this juice will be boring to most people, but I’m gonna post it anyway.

Since I began DIY I’ve been making a bucketload of recipes that I love to vape, thanks to the many people who have graciously shared their recipes and notes on this forum! Without the guidance of so many talented people I’d most likely still be buying vendor juices and missing out on the merits of DIY.

However, I felt a tinge of guilt…I’ve been making all these juices that I love, but I couldn’t make anything for my wife. She really only vaped ONE single juice, with very little interest in anything else. I’ve tried various recipes for her, even some she liked, but nothing I made could get her to replace the vendor juice. Part of the kitchen counter is fully stocked with bottles for myself, while “her area” had a few bottles that sat mostly untouched. I wasn’t attempting to clone the vendor juice, just make something similar in the flavor profile that she’d like.

Almost ready to throw in the towel, I set to work on one last try - using notes, the vendor’s description, a single-flavor clone from HIC, and a bit of knowledge I gained from the threads here. This time I got lucky! As I added ingredients I had her taste. She provided guidance as to what she was looking for. I still didn’t have high hopes.
After about a week of her vaping what I made, I had the satisfaction of seeing her dump her vendor juice down the drain! That was a good day!

As a lesson to new DIYers - and to myself - DON’T give up!

This isn’t something that I can vape…I hate menthol. That was the biggest challenge of making this recipe. I wasn’t able to vape it to determine what I needed to do. I won’t be of much help regarding substitutions or flavor notes. It just tastes like crappy menthol to me. But for those who do like menthol, maybe it’ll be what you’re looking for….

If not, I’ll gladly join you in hating this recipe! I’ll still chalk it up as a successful one!

Thanks for enduring my novel! If you try it, let me know what you think - and maybe suggest a good name for it! Here it is:

10% FW Candy Cane
2% FA Fresh Cream
0.5% FA Catalan Cream
1.5% TFA Menthol (I’d start lower - this % is where my wife prefers)
0.5% FA Caramel
1% FA Peppermint
1 drop per ml FA Black Pepper
Made this up last night and vaped at work today and i must say your good lady has taste, I'm loving it.

Zortec2112

Member For 4 Years
Made this up last night and vaped at work today and i must say your good lady has taste, I'm loving it.

Thank you for trying it (so quickly, I must add!) and for the reply! I appreciate the feedback, and I'm glad you're enjoying it!! I hate to swell her head about having great taste, but I'll let her know! :D
Thanks again!!

VU Sponsors