Become a Patron!

Making another go and doing it right...

VapeRN

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
So I find myself back a square one, but this time I'm committed to doing it right. Vaping has come a long way since I gave it a try in 2012, the beginners market is so much better!!

About me, I'm 34, live in Vegas, and am an RN (duh?). Sadly, I was one of those smoker nurses who had to be a complete hypocrite when counseling my patients to quit. I quit my 18 year habit completely for most of 2012-2013 using nothing but an eGo setup and a few different clearos. Sadly, stress and a new job with a boss that smoked lured me back to stinkies for the last 2 years.

A trip to my local shop 10 days ago yielded me a Kanger Subox starter kit and I haven't had an analog yet. I'm very excited about sub-ohm vaping, it seems like this is what I needed to keep me busy and not thinking about smoking. Compared to the old clearos and stick batteries, this is awesome!! I'm only vaping 3mg and have had hardly any nicotine cravings at all.

Ok ok. TLDR; I'm back to vaping and new to VU!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RMarcusY

☮ Ambassador ☮
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Welcome to the VU.
We quit and are sure you can also.
If you need any help just ask.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Yay!!! Sounds like you found your set up....for now. Shinyitis might kick in, so be aware. That's one of the biggest side effects, MORE STUFFS!

Welcome to VU, Nurse :)

volkality

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yeah, u just gotta keep strong and not the craving lure u back. That's I always take up longer cases and remind myself that I don't wanna smell like cigs for the patient seen I'm a CST ( OR tech ).

Manimal3497

Manimalizer
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Welcome-Glitters-62.gif

Crow369

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Welcome VapeRN! YOU CAN DO EEEEEET!!!

Markw4mms

#Team Jimi Supporter
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Welcome to VU! Nice to have you here!

bama88

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
You've got this, I believe you've got the right gear to stop....just like you I vaped back in the beginning and quit but mine was because my gear would just break down so fast I felt so frustrated.....well here I am again, and I started with a pen again, then quickly moved to a Natulis mini, and now have two sub ohms....it was the sub ohms that really satisfied my cigg cravings, the clouds, oh my lol...and the aspire is for flavor and chain vaping...

It took about two weeks to really taste again, and then the flavors kicked in....well first vape toungue then flavors,

Why would a person want to smoke stinky icky tasting cigs when you can have any flavor under the sun plus your nicotine?.. That's how I feel....and if I can quit a two to three pack of day Winston red habit, anyone can....

Welcome to vaping, glad to have your head in the clouds....

VapeRN

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thanks for all the replies. Update, finished week three, going strong. Got myself a Sigelei 150tc, a zephryus tank and a Velocity rda clone to start building on. Turns out I love big clouds of flavor.

Someone remind me why I ever smoked?

woodyt74

Obsessive? Who me?
VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Welcome to the VU! You are definitely on the right track but watch out, it can become an obsession. Ask me how I know LOL. :rolleyes:

bama88

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
How do you like the zepherus tank? Is the flavor good? Please share....

VapeRN

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I had some fits over the Zephyrus tank at first. Well, the stock .3 ohm coils are awesome and they can be had for relatively cheap. I prefer an RBA however so I can just rewick to change flavor and found this tank a little hard to build and wick right. The sweet spot is between .3 and .4 ohm for kanthal and the trick to wicking is less is more. You barely want the wicks touching the top of the juice channels. It chucks clouds and has decent flavor, I think the sub tank mini had better flavor but I prefer airflow for long deep hits. Don't build this lower than .3, I found that the hard way.

I'm going to grab a Cthulhu V2 soon for the velocity style deck which looks awesome.

VapeRN

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Not even a full month yet and I'm a gear junkie!!

atssec97

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Welcome back!! This is a great place find friends and help with any vaping situation you could come up with! I just Love it!!!

VU Sponsors