Become a Patron!

Making Juice help

Now that I can not order my bulk juice anymore I would like to make my own nic free juice. I can not get flavors offline either and no local vape shop sells them, only the overpriced premixed juice.. I was getting 1000 ml for $65 and 30ml averages around $30 at my local vape shops.

I can get VG and PG easily, but the flavors are the issue. So I was wondering about baking extracts/flavorings, I have a list of chemicals to avoid using in e-juice, to avoid oils and certain flavors... Or am I out of luck?

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Now that I can not order my bulk juice anymore I would like to make my own nic free juice. I can not get flavors offline either and no local vape shop sells them, only the overpriced premixed juice.. I was getting 1000 ml for $65 and 30ml averages around $30 at my local vape shops.

I can get VG and PG easily, but the flavors are the issue. So I was wondering about baking extracts/flavorings, I have a list of chemicals to avoid using in e-juice, to avoid oils and certain flavors... Or am I out of luck?

First, welcome to VU

Second, your word choices are those of whom are not friends of vaping.

Sent from my iPhone 4(2+) using Tapatalk

First, welcome to VU

Second, your word choices are those of whom are not friends of vaping.

Sent from my iPhone 4(2+) using Tapatalk
Sorry, I can be overly blunt. I have been vaping for almost 7 years and still pretty steamed at what was done as I just found out 2 days ago. When I went to order another years supply

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Sorry, I can be overly blunt. I have been vaping for almost 7 years and still pretty steamed at what was done as I just found out 2 days ago. When I went to order another years supply
Wasn't about being blunt, was the choice of words, ie Chemicals and oils... to your admission a 7 year vaper already knows or has an inkling of what they are inhaling, nic free or not - compared to the nastiness that is tobacco even if new to DIY.

In any case, where was answered; maybe we will be proven wrong with your continued banter throughout the site, I am hoping to be proven wrong.

Good luck!

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Welcome to VU @shadowxsx! :cheers:

I'm guessing you're from the USA since you're complaining about not being able to order stuff through the mail. Flavors are not a problem when ordering online since flavors are primarily used for food and drinks. I've just received two orders of flavors after the shit hit the fan.

Head down to our DIY forum and you'll find recipes for some really tasty vapes and all kinds of folks to help you get started. There are thousands of recipes at https://e-liquid-recipes.com/ as well. I've been making my own for 6 years now and I can make 30 or 50 ml bottles for well under $1.

Yep from the US :(

Thanks to Pastorfuzz I got some flavor from Bull City and enough pg and vg to make plenty (keeping the unmixed refrigerated)... Mixed up 100ml and like the flavor just a little strong, next batch I will use just slightly less though as I used 2 ml and I will drop it to 1.5.

Just need some better syringes to measure with too. Have to talk to a veterinarian I know ;)

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Debated with myself over replying to this particular post, or not. The argument comes to seeing myself as a better person. That noted a better person tries to help everyone, inclusively to get along. I would be remiss to not respond.

That out of the way, there doesn't need to be a pile on. @~Don~ has already called out the OP on some poor wording. The OP apologized. They like me and presumably you are human beings. We're allowed to err. Mistakes happen because contrary the fairy tales you may have been fed, no one is perfect.

So, no need to pile on and continue berating someone for a mistake. That only creates more of a mistake than is warranted, merited. Why do we want that? Well, I for one don't. Sure I know my view and myself are but less than a spec of cosmic dust. Still I rather voice this and hope to help us all than not.

I apologize for a public reprimanding. Usually prefer doing that privately. This case was one where you obviously "stepped in it" in public though. So, it seemed apt to be present here with it.

Debated with myself over replying to this particular post, or not. The argument comes to seeing myself as a better person. That noted a better person tries to help everyone, inclusively to get along. I would be remiss to not respond.

That out of the way, there doesn't need to be a pile on. @~Don~ has already called out the OP on some poor wording. The OP apologized. They like me and presumably you are human beings. We're allowed to err. Mistakes happen because contrary the fairy tales you may have been fed, no one is perfect.

So, no need to pile on and continue berating someone for a mistake. That only creates more of a mistake than is warranted, merited. Why do we want that? Well, I for one don't. Sure I know my view and myself are but less than a spec of cosmic dust. Still I rather voice this and hope to help us all than not.

I apologize for a public reprimanding. Usually prefer doing that privately. This case was one where you obviously "stepped in it" in public though. So, it seemed apt to be present here with it.
I was not trying to be offensive, and I apologize if I was offensive (I can see how someone could be offended buy someone talking about chemicals, but they also need to understand the context of the comment). The things I know are deadly in vape fluids are things like vitamin e acetate (which iirc were responsible for the deaths of THC vapors getting it off the street and I forget the other chemical that caused chemical burns to others lungs). Plus reading up on oils that can cause respiratory issues in short and long term use.

As for the nicotine, I had been planning on going to zero since I started vaping. This "Pact Act" BS, just put me ahead of schedule of no nicotine. Actually it has been easier than I thought it would be and I am using my "e-cig" more of a anti "stuffing my mouth with food/candy" as I have gone down from 3mg juice to no nicotine as I diluted my remaining 3mg down to virtually nothing.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I was not trying to be offensive, and I apologize if I was offensive.

My post was not directed at you, @shadowxsx. I was engaging @miamelia. As for being offended, I rarely am. Yes, the action, or inaction by people can frustrate at times.

More than not I don't act, speak to guide to better action. Think this post illustrates why. Thank you, I so oft forget being an incarnation of Sisyphus. Even if one makes best efforts to be part of a solution, they find themselves the problem.

Thus one can only ask, why bother? "Because you care," or "Because you're the better person," are two answers that grow to being meaningless all too quickly.

:deadhorse: Yet, people wonder why it all goes to :poop:.

Last edited:
My post was not directed at you, @shadowxsx. I was engaging @miamelia. As for being offended, I rarely am. Yes, the action, or inaction by people can frustrate at times.

More than not I don't act, speak to guide to better action. Think this post illustrates why. Thank you, I so oft forget being an incarnation of Sisyphus. Even if one makes best efforts to be part of a solution, they find themselves the problem.

Thus one can only ask, why bother? "Because you care," or "Because you're the better person," are two answers that grow to being meaningless all too quickly.

:deadhorse: Yet, people wonder why it all goes to :poop:.
I was not directing anger towards you.. I was explaining for others who may take offense to reading my original post.

Your post just made me want to explain my wording better :D

Last edited:

gbalkam

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile

NEVER use baking flavors!
I order my flavors from DashVapes. There are other places as well

Bigrick

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Yep from the US :(

Thanks to Pastorfuzz I got some flavor from Bull City and enough pg and vg to make plenty (keeping the unmixed refrigerated)... Mixed up 100ml and like the flavor just a little strong, next batch I will use just slightly less though as I used 2 ml and I will drop it to 1.5.

Just need some better syringes to measure with too. Have to talk to a veterinarian I know ;)
Most pharmacies will give you oral syringes that are fine for mixing and they are free.

walton

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Reddit Exile
I was not trying to be offensive, and I apologize if I was offensive (I can see how someone could be offended buy someone talking about chemicals, but they also need to understand the context of the comment). The things I know are deadly in vape fluids are things like vitamin e acetate (which iirc were responsible for the deaths of THC vapors getting it off the street and I forget the other chemical that caused chemical burns to others lungs). Plus reading up on oils that can cause respiratory issues in short and long term use.

As for the nicotine, I had been planning on going to zero since I started vaping. This "Pact Act" BS, just put me ahead of schedule of no nicotine. Actually it has been easier than I thought it would be and I am using my "e-cig" more of a anti "stuffing my mouth with food/candy" as I have gone down from 3mg juice to no nicotine as I diluted my remaining 3mg down to virtually nothing.
over here in tasmania australia, it is the first day where you cannot bring nicotine into the country without filling in a prescription. it is so bloody stupid, as we all know you cant get cancer from nicotine. i stopped smoking 3 years ago afer having a heart attack, in that 3 years i have not used nicotine in my juice mix. however totry something, i made 2 phone calls today and within 3 hrs i had 7 bottles of nicotine! all it will do is create a black market or force people back onto cancer sticks. i bet everyone reading this had there first fag by pinching it fgrom their parents. i would prefer my kid to to vape. in fact some hospitals in europe have a vape dispensory in the hospital.with the world turning plastic it shits me, as a kid it was finish school and straight out to the field playing sport for 5 hrs, now its roll out of bed and hit the play station button as you suck on energy drinks and ram hamburgers down your belly that is 43inch waist at 10 yrs old! i prefer the days when ladies did not think it was illegal to have body hair! these days a guy feels likea bloody peodo! its just so so sick.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
i bet everyone reading this had there first fag by pinching it fgrom their parents.

Nope, but may as well have been that. Got my first smoke at age seven, up behind the place we rented. Friends of the family worked for a poultry operation. They come in and checked on the couple of chicken houses in the field behind us.

"Jake's" boys were always leaving packs of Marby reds with a couple last smokes in them at the chicken houses, or tins of Copenhagen snuff. I started rubbing snuff at age five. Cigarettes seemed the logical progression.

It wasn't until age thirteen my moms caught me in my bedroom. I had just pinched up a good rub and was making to "seat" it. She comes in, the snuff went behind my back. The longest moments she stood there. Finally, "alright let's see it. I know it's not a cigarette or you would have burnt yourself."

Got told to not make a mess in the house with it. I could use old soda bottles but she wasn't cleaning those up. If I smoked, not in the bedroom and she didn't wash ashtrays. Drinking was left at "I've not mentioned it, meaning it better not be mentioned. Hope I never catch it. You can wait until eighteen far as I'm concerned," she told me.

Yep, by age nine I was a damned to Hell cussing, smoking, snuff rubbing, straight shooting, conniving bastard what knew to work. Looking back, no wonder I'm now so off kilter. *chuckles*

gbalkam

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile

Just an FYI.. the vitamin e acetate was only in black market THC vapes and NOT from any legitimate vendor. Comparatively only a small number of these pods were made and sold.

I have been using Flavrz for years in Australia. They have the best flavours I have found plus cheaper than anywhere else.

If you are in Australia or New Zealand it is the best place to get flavour concentrates from. They also supply a lot of the e liquid manufacturers around. Plus have some awesome ONE SHOT - a flavour recipe in a ready to go bottle.

Moderator removed spam links

Last edited by a moderator:

VU Sponsors