Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
http://www.nbcdfw.com/investigation...Battery-Explodes-in-His-Pocket-328575811.html

"But consumers may not realize they’re using a device that an FDA spokesman told us is at this point is federally unregulated. The injured Flower Mound man believes neither the e-cigarette industry, nor the government, are doing enough to keep consumers safe."

“Kind of brings me back to when it happened,” said Robran quietly.

He remembers having met friends for lunch and was carrying his e-cigarette in one hand and two extra batteries in his pocket.

So I had my keys in there as well, and I'm waiting to talk to the lady at the front desk,” Robran recounted."

You've got to be fucking kidding me!!!
The e-cigarette industry, nor the government, are doing enough to keep consumers safe When this dipshit stuck TWO LIVE BATTERIES AND A SET OF KEYS in his own fucking pocket???

What, does he want the e-cigarette industry and the government to hold his dick when he takes a piss so he doesn't dribble any on his pants too???

"There's no instructions that come with batteries at all," Robran pointed out as he showed us one of the purple cylindrical batteries. The lithium-ion batteries were manufactured by EFEST, a company in China's Guangdong province.

NBC 5 Investigates Consumer Unit called the company. A spokesperson told us the company does not believe the battery was defective. Instead it points to something else Robran had in his pocket – his keys.

The company theorizes the metal likely touched the lithium ion batteries' exposed contacts - causing a short circuit and explosion. An EFEST spokesman told me the company has gotten similar complaints from consumers who carried extra batteries in their pockets and, in response, posted a warning on its website. It also sells a battery carrying case. But consumers like Robran question whether that’s enough. Afterall, he bought the batteries from an online retailer. He would have no reason to check for warnings on the manufacturer’s website.

Seriously???

Is there "Instructions" that come with ANY battery?

There is no fucking instructions in a light socket neither but you know to not wet your hands then stick your finger in one!!!

Do we need the government to walk out of the house, hop in the car, and go to work for us now to???

Because the house, car, and job doesn't have instructions that come with them most of the time either - 5150

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
"A North Texas man is worried people may be at risk after he was badly burned when his e-cigarette batteries exploded and caught fire in his pocket.

The injured Flower Mound man believes neither the e-cigarette industry, nor the government, are doing enough to keep consumers safe.

When NBC 5 Consumer Investigator Deanna Dewberry first met 21-year old Christopher Robran in May, the young man was still in disbelief. He was shocked that his new-found hobby literally blew up in his pants."

5150sick along with underground hustlin' productions presents

"Genius who decided to take a stroll with 2 live 18650's and a set of keys in the same pocket:"

https://www.facebook.com/chris.robran

TF Vaping

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
If you are stupid, life is gonna be painful for you. Plain and simple. You'd think people would understand that when batteries arc they can explode.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

underd0g

Member For 4 Years
Seriously unfucking believable! Some of todays morons now running amok in the world from the mid 90's.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The same thing would have happened if he'd had D-batteries, C-batteries, AAA batteries, etc. in his pocket. He should have learned battery safety before "e-cig" safety. Idiot....

yamooo

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Honestly after being here on VU, I am not surprised that this is not happening more often. So many people here have no sense of safety either. Using mech mods with 0.1 builds. Like wtf.

If you are stupid, life is gonna be painful for you. Plain and simple. You'd think people would understand that when batteries arc they can explode.

Can't believe you out of all the people is posting this.

TF Vaping

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Honestly after being here on VU, I am not surprised that this is not happening more often. So many people here have no sense of safety either. Using mech mods with 0.1 builds. Like wtf.

Can't believe you out of all the people is posting this.
Go suck a bag of dicks... Best thing I can tell you.

TF Vaping

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Sure, at least I will be alive.
Yep you will, and that one nickel coil I made is gonna be the death of me. Not anything else that I have ever done. That is gonna be what puts me in the ground.

yamooo

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yep you will, and that one nickel coil I made is gonna be the death of me. Not anything else that I have ever done. That is gonna be what puts me in the ground.

Yup very likely. You know you are doing something wrong and unsafe and still trying to act tough. Why dude? Is your life really that low that you have no respect for it and need to compensate for it by blowing marginally bigger clouds?

yamooo

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hug it out fellas. Hug it out hug it out.....

What? This is not high school. Do you really want your right to vape taken away by people like these who disregard safety and then go to news channels and make a fuss about out how ecigs are dangerous?

TF Vaping

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yup very likely. You know you are doing something wrong and unsafe and still trying to act tough. Why dude? Is your life really that low that you have no respect for it and need to compensate for it by blowing marginally bigger clouds?
The cloud compensation is actually a penis thing. Sounds really weird to say " you may be bigger but I can suck and blow better than you though ".
Yours sounds better, so I'm going with it

yamooo

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
The cloud compensation is actually a penis thing. Sounds really weird to say " you may be bigger but I can suck and blow better than you though ".
Yours sounds better, so I'm going with it

TF Vaping

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Couldn't have said it better myself

nophix

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
This same crap started popping up in the RC world, too. Idiots would put the wrong Deans plug end on the truck and Lipo pack, and stick their spare in a pocket with keys or tools.

Deans plugs have sockets on one connector and open spades on the other, VERY close together.

Ever see the damage a large, 6s Lipo can do when it vents in someone's pocket?

People need to take responsibility for themselves. If you don't have the knowledge, stay away from high power unregulated stuff with replaceable batteries. This isn't a TV remote, these batteries pack a punch.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

TF Vaping

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
This same crap started popping up in the RC world, too. Idiots would put the wrong Deans plug end on the truck and Lipo pack, and stick their spare in a pocket with keys or tools.

Deans plugs have sockets on one connector and open spades on the other, VERY close together.

Ever see the damage a large, 6s Lipo can do when it vents in someone's pocket?

People need to take responsibility for themselves. If you don't have the knowledge, stay away from high power unregulated stuff with replaceable batteries. This isn't a TV remote, these batteries pack a punch.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Never seen a 6s go up but have seen 3s blow up in rc's, I used to race and all those guys kept lipos on constant charge, then directly to car, back to charger then to car. Little aluminum frame didn't know what hit it and broke in half when the lipo went.

Don't look under the Bridge

VU Sponsors