Become a Patron!

Marrying batteries question? Married to each other not a Mod, Right?

Fluxxxtasy

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Reddit Exile
So whenever I used to purchase a new mod I would by 2 sets of batteries specifically for this 1 mod. Then label them so I only used them together with "this mod". I've since changed up and bought batteries in pairs and kept them married but used them in different dual 18650 mods.

As long as they are used and charged together their "Married". I can use them in different mods and they aren't married to a specific mod.

Am I correct in this?

dogtron66

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
All my batteries are married, but a few like to swing every now and again...

Last edited:

IMFire3605

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
So whenever I used to purchase a new mod I would by 2 sets of batteries specifically for this 1 mod. Then label them so I only used them together with "this mod". I've since changed up and bought batteries in pairs and kept them married but used them in different dual 18650 mods.

As long as they are used and charged together their "Married". I can use them in different mods and they aren't married to a specific mod.

Am I correct in this?

yes, if the batteries are paired together in a dual battery pair, you can use them in any dual battery mod, if they are paired in a triple set (rx200 and others), you can use that set of 3 in any 3battery mod, you just have to keep the battery pairings together, not batteries married to a single mod.

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Am I correct in this?
Yep.
The batteries are married the mod is just an apartment.

Scribb|e

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
If you're using a married pair of cells in a dual mod, it can be a good thing to mark the cells 'A' and 'B' or similar, and swap their positions in the mod every time you put them back in - this can help get even wear on the cells due to slight differences in the way that the mod drains the cells.

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If you're using a married pair of cells in a dual mod, it can be a good thing to mark the cells 'A' and 'B' or similar, and swap their positions in the mod every time you put them back in - this can help get even wear on the cells due to slight differences in the way that the mod drains the cells.
Kind of yes & kind of no depending on who you ask*.
Honestly most duel cell mods use parallel so you don't really have to do this.However and here's the rub.Some duel cell mods use series and you should definitely rotate your cells if using a series mod.

*!!WHEN IN DOUBT CONCERNING A BATTERY QUESTION ASK MOOCH!!*

Scribb|e

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yeah - it's more of a series thing, although even parallel mods can have slight variations in the internal resistance of the battery cradle etc.

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah - it's more of a series thing, although even parallel mods can have slight variations in the internal resistance of the battery cradle etc.
True which is why I left with that caveat.

*!!WHEN IN DOUBT CONCERNING A BATTERY QUESTION ASK MOOCH!!*

VU Sponsors