Become a Patron!

Marrying batteries

VinnySem

Silver Contributor
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
With regulated mods, is marrying batteries necessary? As long as the batteries have the same charge level, does it matter?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
same CDR, capacity and brand yeah, I wouldn’t be sticking a 30Q with a P26A for instance

ideally it’s best to marry batteries as you know they have been charged together throughout, have degraded at similar rates over time...so they output roughly the same and take similar charges...otherwise your mod will be pushing one harder than the other.

.... but if you haven’t married cells try not to stick an old battery with a brand new one from same company as good practice at the least.

really they are inexpensive compared to what your likely prepared to outlay for attys and mods ....so no reason to skimp on buying a couple new ones and they’ll last you a few years at least :)

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Batteries are cheap, pocket change a month can buy a pair (or at least the amount of change I amass )

Now it’s suggested not to mix differing CDR/capacity batteries...

But truth is, if you know watts law and know for a fact you will be using the pair below the CDR of the two... you will be perfectly fine... minus the regulated mod telling you a tad early that a battery is depleted.

Example:

A). VTC5Ax2 = same and preferred method

B). VTC5A+30Q (2600-25a+3000+20A) if you use it at or below the 20A per loaded battery it will work fine. These are differing and not the preferred method.

C). 18650+21700 just don’t

Battery count / wattage = wattage drain per battery

Wattage drain / 3.2v = preliminary Amp draw per battery

PAD / mods efficiency = actual AMp draw per battery

So!

Let’s say you vape at 75w

75/2= 37.5w

37.5/3.2= 11.72a

11.72/.85%= 13.78a draw per battery

13.78a draw is both below the VTC5A and or the 30Q

Mod efficiency I just tabbed in .85% some are higher like DNA250’s at 97%

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Batteries are cheap, pocket change a month can buy a pair. (or at least the amount of change I amass
emoji23.png
)
I feel myself obligated to point out that this may not be the case for everybody. :rolleyes:

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah I save pocket change but then when I git a bit collected the wife comes by with a baby bottle and wants it filled with change for an expectant mothers thing for church or somesuch... I think she keeps an eye on my stash...

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
I feel myself obligated to point out that this may not be the case for everybody. :rolleyes:

yeah plus that approach won’t take into account internal battery resistance differences ...I just wouldn’t mix and match brands/types personally ...risk reduction and all that

Edit: that mooch video above is ideal watching anyone not logged in who happens across this thread as to the why’s

VU Sponsors