The Sky has Fallen. the End is Here.
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
MARYLAND, VETO HB523

HB 523, which would impose licensing regulations on Maryland vapor businesses, was amended at the last minute to include a partial online sales ban.

Although the amendment allows manufacturers to sell online to Maryland consumers, distributors, brick and mortar shops, and independent online retailers are prohibited from making internet sales. This 11th-hour amendment puts Maryland retailers at a disadvantage and reduces Maryland consumers' access to the wider, diverse vapor market.

Please take action NOW by urging Maryland Governor Larry Hogan to VETO HB 523.

Take Action - Send a Message

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Do state governors actually permit email from those outside their own state? I know that lawmakers don't, but I don't know about governors.

Andria

lordmage

The Sky has Fallen. the End is Here.
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
from what i understand if you travel alot in a state and a law would affect your visits then they would hear you out but may not carry a lot of weight unless you had a mailed address in the state but nothing stops those affected such as the vape shop owners who are affected from voicing there concerns

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Well, I don't live there, nor anywhere near there, so it doesn't *directly* affect me at all... I'm primarily concerned about the precedent it sets. But if governors don't even permit you send something to them unless your address is in their state -- which is the case with all legislators, I've found -- then there's no point in bothering.

Andria

VU Sponsors