Become a Patron!

MDs who blow smoke about vaping

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Good article. I think it's true that doctors ARE a very conservative lot; if they are busy clinicians, they often don't have a lot of time to spend reading and researching new treatments, and I suspect that most of their knowledge of drugs is limited to what they're told by BP shills -- and we know how THEY feel about vaping!

My own doctor is an excellent case in point. He has no problem with the fact of my vaping; indeed, he's delighted that I finally found some way to quit cigarettes; he's been after me since 1996 to get on some form of NRT, to no avail whatever, as I always refused it as totally ineffective, from my own experience.

Since he is generally positive on the subject, feeling that (in his words), "ANYTHING is better than smoking," I printed out some stuff from the CASAA website to take him, just 2-3 pages; but rather than giving it any more than a cursory glance, he instead inserted it into my patient folder. WTF??? What good does THAT do??? I have to conclude that he just doesn't have time, or doesn't see the need to MAKE time, to read it. Which seems wholly counterproductive to me, but I'm not a doctor, so how should I know.

Andria

VU Sponsors