Become a Patron!

Medical Group With Financial Ties To Big Pharma Accused Of Lying About E-Cigarettes

Iliketurtles

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Good article, unusually for an article related to vaping it contains some factually correct info :eek: Big Pharma isn't trying to help anyone they are trying to make $$ and spreading lies about something that can affect their ability to do that seems second nature to them. We have already seen a ton of 'research' paid for by companies with vested interests that are just pure BS.

Rossum

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Yep, if Big Pharma company invented and patented vaping, it would be touted as one of the greatest things ever. Of course, it would be stupid expensive just like their other NRTs, and therefore wouldn't have caught on like free-market vaping has, but at least there wouldn't be a concerted propaganda war being waged against it.

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah the science is in right dipshits....pay me enough money and I'll find a bunch of "scientists" that will tell you unicorns walk the earth.

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
Yep, if Big Pharma company invented and patented vaping, it would be touted as one of the greatest things ever. Of course, it would be stupid expensive just like their other NRTs, and therefore wouldn't have caught on like free-market vaping has, but at least there wouldn't be a concerted propaganda war being waged against it.

if a Big Pharma company invented and patented vaping, it wouldn't work because there would be one device (a cheap cigilike) and it would have two flavors (tobacco & menthol)

The reason vaping works is because there are millions of mod/atty/eliquid combos out there which means there is one (or 50) for almost anybody.

:)

Rossum

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
if a Big Pharma company invented and patented vaping, it wouldn't work because there would be one device (a cheap cigilike) and it would have two flavors (tobacco & menthol)

The reason vaping works is because there are millions of mod/atty/eliquid combos out there which means there is one (or 50) for almost anybody.
Wouldn't work as well? I agree. Not work at all? Not sure. I went from 40+ a day to 1 a day in less than a week using an eGo kit and an assortment of tobacco flavors from Halo. I'm also not at all sure about the flavors. It's BT that doesn't want to be seen offering other flavors, while BP's nic gum is available in several fruity flavors.

But none of this addresses the what I was driving at, and that's the propaganda war we seem to be facing, which I do believe would not exist at all if vaping were a BP product.

VU Sponsors