Michael Dorn Teases Star Trek Return, But Paramount Shoots Down Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

VUBot

Staff member
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Worf actor Michael Dorn says that he's being "summoned back into action" on Twitter today, but Paramount has shot down the possibility of the beloved character appearing on one of the numerous Star Trek shows currently airing on Paramount+. "Unfortunately, I can confirm that this has nothing to do with a Star Trek Universe on Paramount+ original series," a Paramount representative told IGN. Dorn kicked off speculation that he would be joining Picard Season 2 when he tweeted "Starfleet calls" earlier today.
Just got the news, being summoned back into action. Starfleet calls. #ad

— Michael Dorn (@akaWorf) April 19, 2021
Dorn last appeared in 2002's Star Trek Nemesis, but he has been attached to several Star Trek-related projects over the years, including Star Trek Online and the fan-made web series Star Trek Continues, where he had a cameo as the voice of a computer. Dorn has also pitched the idea of a show featuring "Captain Worf" on and off over the years. Worf received a mention in Picard Season 1, but as recently as January 2021, Dorn said he had not been contacted about a potential appearance in the show. As for whether he would be interested, Dorn rattled off a list of contingencies. "It really depends on quite a few things. It depends on the role. It depends on how they want to present it. The one thing you have to realize is that I have to get into makeup. You are talking about three hours. For me to do that, it really has to be kind of worth it, you know what I mean? I don't want to get in makeup and just stand around and scowl at people." [ignvideo url="https://www.ign.com/videos/2020/04/30/star-trek-picard-jonathan-frakes-confirms-he-will-return-to-direct-in-season-2-ign-news"] Worf is a beloved character in the Star Trek mythos, playing a massive role in both Star Trek: The Next Generation and Star Trek Deep Space Nine. If he were to return to Star Trek, he would have a multitude of options. Paramount+ is currently producing several Star Trek projects, including Star Trek Discovery, a Section 31 spinoff, and the animated series Star Trek Lower Decks. Some of the possibilities include the animated Star Trek: Lower Decks, which is set after Star Trek Nemesis in the TNG era; Star Trek: Prodigy, a show geared toward kids featuring Captain Janeway as a hologram; Star Trek Discovery, where he could hypothetically reprise the role of Colonel Worf. A film is also in the works, to be released in 2023. One way or another, we'll know soon enough when it will once again be a good day to die. In the meantime, filming has begun on the second season of Star Trek: Picard, with the release on Paramount+, set for some time in 2022. [poilib element="accentDivider"] Kat Bailey is Senior News Editor at IGN.

Continue reading...

Status
Not open for further replies.

VU Sponsors