Michael Keaton Will Return as Batman in The Flash, Publicist Confirms

Status
Not open for further replies.

VUBot

Staff member
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
After hinting that he is hesitant to join The Flash due to concerns about COVID-19, Michael Keaton has been confirmed to reprise his role as Batman opposite Ezra Miller's Barry Allen. Keaton's talent agency, ICM Partners, confirmed the news to The Wrap. The long-delayed solo movie began production today, with director Andy Muschietti announcing the kick-off on Instagram. Keaton voiced some ease at the prospect of joining The Flash solo film in March, expressing concern over scheduling and COVID-19 transmission in the UK. [ignvideo url="https://www.ign.com/videos/2020/09/12/the-flash-movie-features-lots-of-superheroes-and-will-restart-the-dceu-dc-fandome"] "I keep my eye more on the COVID situation in the UK than anything," Keaton said. "That will determine everything... That's my first thing about all projects. I look at it and go, is this thing going to kill me, literally? And you know, if it doesn't, then we talk." Keaton's involvement in The Flash brings the movie's tally of Batmen to two, with Ben Affleck also set to reprise his role as Bruce Wayne in the movie. The film is expected to confront DC's multiverse, with the story planned as a new take on the Flashpoint storyline. Alongside Keaton and Affleck, the cast also includes Sasha Calle as Supergirl, Kiersey Clemons as Iris West, and Maribel Verdú as Nora Allen, Barry's mother. Although Billy Crudup played Barry's father in Justice League, Ron Livingston will take over the role of Henry Allen for The Flash's solo film. [widget path="global/article/imagegallery" parameters="albumSlug=ranking-the-batman-movies&captions=true"] "It's going to be fun and exciting and there are a lot of DC characters in it," said producer Barbara Muschietti. "Flash is the superhero of this film because he is the bridge between all of these characters and timelines. And in a way, it restarts everything and doesn't forget anything." Keaton played the Caped Crusader in 1989's Batman and 1992's Batman Returns, both directed by Tim Burton. The two were expected to return for a third movie, but both dropped out and Keaton was replaced by Kilmer for 1995's Batman Forever. Since then, Keaton has expressed interest in returning to the role. For more, read how Michael Keaton's involvement in The Flash could shape DC's cinematic output moving forward and why IGN thinks the actor is still the best live-action Batman. The Flash is set to hit theaters on November 4, 2022. [poilib element="accentDivider"] J. Kim Murphy is a freelance entertainment writer.

Continue reading...

Status
Not open for further replies.

VU Sponsors