Become a Patron!

Mobile App?

dez

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Download the Tapatalk app

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
I tried to download it after doing a Google Search..and live-me is what downloaded. Is that what I'm supposed to be doing to get to this website's app?

Tom950

VU Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
We dont have our own app. You can use a mobile browser or tapatalk. No idea what live-me is and i dont use tapatalk

dez

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
We dont have our own app. You can use a mobile browser or tapatalk. No idea what live-me is and i dont use tapatalk
when I did a search for Tapatalk and click the button that came up that said get the app, it pulled up live me and I downloaded it but it just didn't look right. Do you know if they will have a app for Vaping underground anytime soon? My phone sometimes gives me an alert that my information is not safe on this site so an app or a secure website would be great.

Tom950

VU Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I only use chrome on my phone and dont have any problems. I dont know of any plans for an app

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
If you have Apple
Or android look for tapatalk. Not sure why liveme would pop
Up but here is a look at the Apple app icon to maybe help you discern.
The free app works just fine.
It’s a fairly decent ui as well.

AE031DE6-21F7-4688-BBC4-F15C9B6269A2.jpeg

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
when I did a search for Tapatalk and click the button that came up that said get the app, it pulled up live me and I downloaded it but it just didn't look right. Do you know if they will have a app for Vaping underground anytime soon? My phone sometimes gives me an alert that my information is not safe on this site so an app or a secure website would be great.

I am in the same boat as you.
Taptalk looks horrible to me so I just open the forum in firefox on my phone.

That alert is just because the site doesn't use https it uses the old http.
Since you aren't putting in any credit card or other personal info the whole "insecure" thing doesn't really matter.

Even on my laptop (where I am now) my browser says "not secure" on this tab:

upload_2018-11-21_1-56-6.png

dez

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years

Since you aren't putting in any credit card or other personal info the whole "insecure" thing doesn't really matter.

View attachment 124696
Thank you! That was making me a little worried.

dez

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
If you have Apple
Or android look for tapatalk. Not sure why liveme would pop
Up but here is a look at the Apple app icon to maybe help you discern.
The free app works just fine.
It’s a fairly decent ui as well.

View attachment 124688
Yes the Tapatalk icon looked like that when I searched for the app, but when I clicked on a green button for Android that says get the app, live me comes up and wants you to install it and it has a different icon. Maybe I'll try again another time.

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
Thank you! That was making me a little worried.

When I click on the "not secure" icon on my browser this pops up:

upload_2018-11-21_2-0-5.png

So it's more of just a warning to not input sensitive info.

Like if you were shopping online or logging in to your email that warning would save you from a potential huge headache.

dez

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years

View attachment 124696

Here is my worry- I often keep several different internet tabs open (including the one for Vaping underground), and I wonder if anyone would be able to steal my passwords as I type them in on the other websites that I have open, in other tabs at the same time?

Anyone have solid knowledge about that? *Do I need to close THIS TAB when I am going to use really personal information like passwords and credit card info? Thanks! Desiree

88ArDeN88

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Here is my worry- I often keep several different internet tabs open (including the one for Vaping underground), and I wonder if anyone would be able to steal my passwords as I type them in on the other websites that I have open, in other tabs at the same time?

Anyone have solid knowledge about that? *Do I need to close THIS TAB when I am going to use really personal information like passwords and credit card info? Thanks! Desiree
You SHOULD be fine. I'm no expert, but because the site uses HTTP and not HTTPS, the best way to describe it is that if someone was lingering in the background of this site and poking around to see what people were doing, they would be able to see what you were doing on this site because the information is not encrypted. HTTPS basically takes what you are doing and jumbles it up so that even if someone were poking around to see what you were doing they wouldn't be able to see clearly. Like looking through a kaleidoscope. So as long as the websites you are putting your personal information into are HTTPS secure, that information will remain encrypted. A personal attack on your computer is something completely different, but this website does not pose any risk to any information other than what you input here.

Reactions: dez

dez

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
You SHOULD be fine. I'm no expert, but because the site uses HTTP and not HTTPS, the best way to describe it is that if someone was lingering in the background of this site and poking around to see what people were doing, they would be able to see what you were doing on this site because the information is not encrypted. HTTPS basically takes what you are doing and jumbles it up so that even if someone were poking around to see what you were doing they wouldn't be able to see clearly. Like looking through a kaleidoscope. So as long as the websites you are putting your personal information into are HTTPS secure, that information will remain encrypted. A personal attack on your computer is something completely different, but this website does not pose any risk to any information other than what you input here.

Thanks! That is a relief!

VU Sponsors