Become a Patron!

Mod For Button-Top 18650s

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
No offense, but seems a lot more sensible to just get some new batteries. i know button tops are a bit more expensive, but still.

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
it's an older device but they will fit.
The Cloupor GT80
it's a dual 18650 device but it's only 22mm wide.

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I don’t recall a mod coming in out in years with button tops in mind.
I would look closely at the amp limit of those batteries before I tried using them. Back in the dawn of vaping when regulated mods went to 20w MAX they were doable. Those cells were only 10a-15a.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
I have some button-top batteries (I think they are Sony VTC 5s, it's been a while) that I bought years ago to use with mech tubes running high-resistance atomizers. I have not yet found a regulated box that they will fit into. I gave them to my husband to use in flashlights.

Kemosabe

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
thanks for the replies everyone!

@gsmit1 yes, he does plan to get some flat tops, but i suggested why not get another box? that way the batts wouldnt go to waste. in my peak mod days, i had a half dozen of them or more running at once. mainly for ease of switching flavors.

@5150sick thanks! i'll for sure recommend that mod to consider. i do remember Cloupor having some issues with a particular mod a while back but cant recall which one it was.

@f1r3b1rd thanks for your advice. the batts are indeed the correct amp limit he needs, just button instead of flat top. theyre Samsung 30Q cells. hes under 15A, even though Mooch's tests show they can handle more.

@nadalama flashlight-- great application idea! likely the intention of these cells in the first place.

VU Sponsors