Become a Patron!

Mod With RTC

chuck333

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
I'm looking for a mod with a clock on the display. I would like one that doesn't need the clock reset every time you replace the batteries. I'm looking at the Smoant Cylon, the Aspire Skystar and the Vaporesso Revenger. Which one would be my best choice? Is there any others I'm missing? I steer clear of Wismec, Joyetech and Eleaf. I've been burned too many times by that company. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

SkoldVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Cylon does the best TC out of the ones you've listed. Aspire and vaporesso also have good TC chips but the Cylon is definitely better.
It's the best TC chip if your on a budget. Voopoo Drag is also on par for TC but works better with smaller builds. It had an 80 watt limit so big complex coils don't vape as well. It does me fine cos I use it at 20 watts and 400f.
Think the Cylon fits all your needs though :)

mach1ne

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
rev-tech just put out a line of 3 mods with nice full color displays that have rtc. my room mate got the nitro on pre-order and it arrived recently. its a very nice mod imo. they all have a 'fast car' look/feel to them, so i guess it will be hit or miss on that level, but djlsbvapes review was positive (the charts look good and they appear to be well built).

chuck333

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
rev-tech just put out a line of 3 mods with nice full color displays that have rtc. my room mate got the nitro on pre-order and it arrived recently. its a very nice mod imo. they all have a 'fast car' look/feel to them, so i guess it will be hit or miss on that level, but djlsbvapes review was positive (the charts look good and they appear to be well built).
I've spent the last couple of days looking at these Rev-tech mods. They look to be exactly what I'm looking for. They're stylish and the reviews are coming in. They all agree that these mods are the bomb. I've been pricing them and the prices are not out of line with what you would expect to pay for a decent mod. I really like the 101W Sport but it has built-in batteries.
This means you would have to charge it through the device and can't vape while charging. That's OK as long as the charge lasts a full day so you can charge at night. The Nitro at 200W has replaceable 18650 and would be my next choice. The GTS 230W looks a bit bulky and lacks the style of the other two. Now I just need to find a good sale on the Nitro.

Last edited:

Hanson

Member For 4 Years
ca45cf44e4d6425bc36b914a41417d94.jpg

Can’t go wrong w/ this beast. Better than my Rebel dna250 in term of reliability whilst still having the same power. Been using it as my dd charging it USB everywhere; in the car, cafe, public, etc with zero problem so far.

Busted the Rebel’s batt balancing chip while charging it w/ the iphone’s charger and spent $40 to bring it back.

Beyond my expectation

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chuck333

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
Mine looks different (the clock). How do you get an analog clock only? Mines digital and analog. This is new to me I've only had the mod a couple of weeks. My menu doesn't look like the one in the instruction sheet or the one in the videos. I asked Rev-tech and they said mine's a new firmware.
20180612_101814.jpg

Hanson

Member For 4 Years
Mine was bought last yr so must be old firmware I got

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I just saw this thread and I have the Cuboid Tap which I thought the clock was pretty cool at first but realized I never look at it. Been many battery changes so I just turned it on and the clock has the correct time.

VU Sponsors