Become a Patron!

MOISTURE!!!

littlewitewilly

Member For 4 Years
Been working on improving a Boss Reserve recipe, and I'm getting the flavor profile closer, but now I've found it tasting a bit "dry" especially on the exhale. Was thinking of adding a small percentage of FA Butter to "moisten" it up. Am I on the right track , or should I be looking in another direction?

Thanks

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I don’t think butter is the way to go. Can I see your recipe? Might help me suggest something.

littlewitewilly

Member For 4 Years
https://alltheflavors.com/recipes/76822#boss_reserve_clone_remixmonth_by_folkart

Picked a small bottle of Cuttwood BR and find this recipe is definately missing the graham note along with being dry on the exhale.

First I added FW Graham cracker @ .25%
TFA Graham cracker clear @.25% Tasted closer, but still dry on exhale

Then I completely replaced the INW Biscuit all together with both graham crackers above at the same percentages. Think the first revision was closest, but I need to moisten up the exhale without adding too flavor.

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Gotcha. I’ve had this remix and it’s really good, IMO. I didn’t feel like it was dry, but.........my suggestion would be to drop the AP a bit. Maybe up the Banana Cream and/or the Milk and Honey a touch, as well. I’m curious how the Graham Crackers worked! I might have to try it that way. It’s been quite a while since I’ve had the OG so I may be off the mark.

littlewitewilly

Member For 4 Years
Still a work in progress. Definately added the missing graham note, and sweetened the mix a tad. Think the dry note might be the INW Biscuit. Going to try dropping the biscuit and the AP a slight touch, and bump up the M&H. Dont think raising the banana is the answer.

Thanks for the reply

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Still a work in progress. Definately added the missing graham note, and sweetened the mix a tad. Think the dry note might be the INW Biscuit. Going to try dropping the biscuit and the AP a slight touch, and bump up the M&H. Dont think raising the banana is the answer.

Thanks for the reply
Lemmie know how it goes!

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Have any marshmallow? I've never had this, not much of a banana vaper, but I wonder if you replaced just 0.5 of the Banana Cr with 0.5 Marshmallow would do it for you? It works for some recipes, and since this one sounds pretty sweet, it would play nicely with the other flavors, at least. Or swap super sweet for EM, maybe.

littlewitewilly

Member For 4 Years
Have any marshmallow? I've never had this, not much of a banana vaper, but I wonder if you replaced just 0.5 of the Banana Cr with 0.5 Marshmallow would do it for you? It works for some recipes, and since this one sounds pretty sweet, it would play nicely with the other flavors, at least. Or swap super sweet for EM, maybe.
The banana is a background note after about a week steep, not very prominent taste.

VU Sponsors