Moon Knight's Producers Have Moved Onto the Fantastic Four MCU Movie

Status
Not open for further replies.

VUBot

Staff member
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Moon Knight producers Grant Curtis and Nick Pepin have already lined up their next Marvel gig, having both signed on for the upcoming Fantastic Four MCU movie.

In an interview with ComicBook.com, Moon Knight head writer Jeremy Slater revealed that Curtis and Pepin, two of the executive producers on the Oscar Isaac-led series, have been enlisted to work on another MCU project. He confirmed that they are now both on board for the Fantastic Four movie, which is currently in the early stages of development.

"My execs on Moon Knight are the same guys who are running Fantastic Four, so we had a lot of talks about it. I was like, 'I'm not going to pitch you for anything, because honestly you don't need my stink on it,'" Slater admitted in conversation with the outlet, adding that, "Grant and Nick are amazing executives. They're going to find brilliant writers and brilliant directors."

Slater penned the first draft of Josh Trank's Fantastic Four, a commercial and critical failure, though only one line of dialogue from his initial script actually ended up in the final theatrical release. Still, he is giving the next Fantastic Four reboot a wide berth as he recognizes that it's not something that he necessarily needs to have his name attached to again.

"I can't wait to see it as a fan, but I just know that no one will ever accept a Jeremy Slater Fantastic Four movie for very good reason," he continued. "If your Uber driver shows up and you're like, 'Oh, I saw that guy drunk driving last week,' you don't get in the car with him. I think there's some things that I just probably need to steer clear from for the rest of my career."

The latest Fantastic Four has been relatively quiet on the news front. It was reported early last year that the studio was still looking for writers and that production was "a while" off yet. Then, last month, we found out Spider-Man: No Way Home director Jon Watts had stepped away from the project, citing the need for "a break from the superhero realm."

For more on Marvel Studios' coming slate of projects and releases, read our breakdown of the biggest and most noteworthy developments in the MCU, on Disney+, and in comics this year.

Adele Ankers-Range is a freelance writer for IGN. Follow her on Twitter.

Continue reading...

Status
Not open for further replies.

VU Sponsors