Become a Patron!

More Fake News - Fire department treats man whose E-Cigarette explodes on Fresno bus

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
http://www.yourcentralvalley.com/ne...-e-cigarette-explodes-on-fresno-bus/624783881

FRESNO, CALIFORNIA

The Fresno Fire Department had to help a man who was burned by an exploding E-Cigarette device on a FAX bus on Wednesday.

A fire crew responded to a medical aid call involving a victim with burns at Tuolumne and P streets on a bus around 1 p.m.

Firefighters treated the 53-year-old victim with minor burns to his right thigh and hand.

The victim said he had an electronic battery powered smoking device in his right pants pocket that became hot and possibly caught fire.

The victim was treated and taken to Community Regional Medical Center by American Ambulance.

The Fire Department recommends the following tips for these devices:

• Follow instruction manual for safety guidelines
  • Avoid overcharging
  • Always shut down the device while traveling or placing in bags/pockets
  • Replace any piece that of the device that is faulty or not working properly
  • Avoid using device while being charged
  • Always allow for proper ventilation while charging
  • Remember that any battery powered electronic device with moving parts can fail

THERE IS NO FUCKING ELECTRONIC CIGARETTE IN THIS STORY!!!

Battery%203_1482364222147_14725670_ver1.0.png

Battery%204_1482364222058_14722453_ver1.0.png

Battery%202_1482364226402_14725674_ver1.0.png

Notice how in the section titled "The Fire Department recommends the following tips for these devices" section DO NOT carry loose batteries in your pocket doesn't even make the fucking list???

So even if he followed all of the fire departments' wonderful pointers this would have happened because non vapers (even firemen) are too stupid to know the difference between an ecig and a battery!

In fact they even TELL PEOPLE to place them in to their pocket - 5150

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
If you put battery san's proper packaging in your pocket, you deserved the results.

Just natures way of telling you that you are STOOPID

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
Also " became hot and possibly caught fire." and "E-Cigarette explodes on Fresno bus" are two entirely different things.
The battery actually did what it was supposed to and vented gases into the mans pocket (when it came into contact with his keys and/or change) not exploding during the process.

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
It is like I am psychic as fuck or something.
I called this with mom this morning. I stopped her as she brought it up and said I have not heard the story but let me guess the fucking brain trust put a battery in his pocket and they are calling it an ecig on the news.

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
The more of this stupid shit I read or hear about, the more suicidal it makes me feel. I just don't wanna keep living on a planet filled with the terminally stupid.

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Everything in my life is getting worse.

Andria

Rossum

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
The more of this stupid shit I read or hear about, the more suicidal it makes me feel. I just don't wanna keep living on a planet filled with the terminally stupid.
Just keep a safe distance away from them and you'll be fine. I suggest a at least a 1/4 mile from the nearest neighbor. ;)

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Just keep a safe distance away from them and you'll be fine. I suggest a at least a 1/4 mile from the nearest neighbor. ;)

Can't do it. We have a qtr acre lot. But part of the reason for my depression is that we learned today that our escrow payments are going up $90/mo, which means our mortgage pmt goes up $90/mo.

Andria

Rossum

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Can't do it. We have a qtr acre lot. But part of the reason for my depression is that we learned today that our escrow payments are going up $90/mo, which means our mortgage pmt goes up $90/mo.
Ouch, that sucks.

outwest

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Just emailed the person who wrote the article, pointing out that the pics prove that it wasn't a malfunctioning ecig, but rather a mishandled battery, that these batteries are used in a variety of devices and are perfectly safe when used and handled properly, how the fire dept list doesnt cover what would have prevented it (keeping battery in plastic case and not putting loose battery in pocket), and how any time you short out a battery, especially a lithium-ion or NiMH one, it can lead to disaster.

The level of stupid in this world seems to be getting exponentially worse :(

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Chuck Shummet is such a scum bag. Who the fuck is still voting for that douche ?

Rabbit Slayer

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Just think of how many people get injured or killed by their own tools(including guns) because they failed to follow simple safety rules. And now you want those same people to learn and understand physics and why it isn't a good idea to put that much raw power in you pocket unprotected.

People that are willing to accept something as an absolute truth with zero evidence and not believe in stuff that has the facts and figures to back the claim are the overwhelming majority in this country...In short, we're doomed, DOOMED I say!

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just think of how many people get injured or killed by their own tools(including guns) because they failed to follow simple safety rules. And now you want those same people to learn and understand physics and why it isn't a good idea to put that much raw power in you pocket unprotected.

People that are willing to accept something as an absolute truth with zero evidence and not believe in stuff that has the facts and figures to back the claim are the overwhelming majority in this country...In short, we're doomed, DOOMED I say!

Someone I know carried a revolver in their pocket for years without a holster. One night, he went to pull it out of his pocket and the gun "just went off". Shot himself through the thigh and nearly died. This rocket scientist lived in the city of Chicago and was arrested the moment the hospital discharged him for owning an unregistered handgun.

celticluvr

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Someone I know carried a revolver in their pocket for years without a holster. One night, he went to pull it out of his pocket and the gun "just went off". Shot himself through the thigh and nearly died. This rocket scientist lived in the city of Chicago and was arrested the moment the hospital discharged him for owning an unregistered handgun.
Good! What a putz... :facepalm: Glad it only hurt him... could've been worse. :crazy:

Rossum

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Someone I know carried a revolver in their pocket for years without a holster. One night, he went to pull it out of his pocket and the gun "just went off".
Sure it did. Just like those batteries "exploded" for no reason at all. :rolleyes:

FWIW, I have a nice collection of pocket holsters -- and I don't live in Chicago. :D

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Sure it did. Just like those batteries "exploded" for no reason at all. :rolleyes:

FWIW, I have a nice collection of pocket holsters -- and I don't live in Chicago. :D
As do I and thankfully well away from Chicago.
Ever heard of Mika pocket holsters? Don't mean to cause a thread drift but if you haven't, your collection needs one :)

FΛDED

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
If you put battery san's proper packaging in your pocket, you deserved the results.

Just natures way of telling you that you are STOOPID

... lol or washing your car when it's raining outside kind of stupid.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I thought washing your car was the way to make it rain. Like lighting a cigarette brings the bus or the waitress with your food. :giggle: That last one went away, when the smoke nazis got control of all the restaurants.

Andria

FΛDED

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I thought washing your car was the way to make it rain. Like lighting a cigarette brings the bus or the waitress with your food. :giggle: That last one went away, when the smoke nazis got control of all the restaurants.

Andria

bXOVY_s-200x150.gif

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years

Andria
lmao......:D

VU Sponsors