Become a Patron!

More half-baked scaremongering from the San Diego VA...

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
http://www.australianetworknews.com/e-cigarettes-weaken-immune-system/

Lowlights:

"Researchers admit that they do not know which lung and systemic illnesses will be caused by the inflammatory changes brought by inhaling e-cigarette vapour. Nevertheless, the team knows that e-cigarette vapour inhalation will cause disease eventually."

"E-cigarette vapour is not benign — at high doses it can directly kill lung cells, which is frightening," senior author Laura Crotty Alexander said. - Is this the same research that, if taken in context, would disclose that they couldn't conduct comparisons to cigarette smoke because the same cells would die in a matter of hours with a much, much lower smoke concentration than the vapor they were exposed to for weeks?

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I guess my gripe is that this whole study is based on a straw man fallacy that assumes there was someone, somewhere, anywhere, at any time, that claimed vaping was as safe or safer than breathing clean air. The only valid comparison, in my eyes, is between vaping and smoking - no one to my knowledge has ever claimed vaping is benign, simply that it's a far, far better choice than consuming tobacco products.

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I applaud their research and hope it continues, but there seems to be an avalnche of research that is pointing to the fact that vaping is a much,much more healthier alternative to smoking....by not pointing tht ou this looks like nothing more than idiotiuc fear mongering.....but one of the things vapers real need to face is vaping has gone from something that until recently was the arena of smokers and people trying to get off smoking...to now where we have a flood of these wet behind the ears childeren, who have never smoked in their lives sucking down half a liter of e juice a day trying to blow huge clouds and perfecting their jellyfish and tornados....these stupid twats are going to be the death of vaping or they are going to force vaping into the goverments hands as a medicinal therapy for smoking cessation....and with the totalitarian asshole in the whitehouse and his Ogrubercare vaping will be buried under goverment control..all development will come to a halt.

VU Sponsors