Become a Patron!

Morning Wood (Apple Jacks)

KeyserSoze

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Busting my recipe-posting cherry! I've got a few months of mixing under my belt and this is the first one I've felt was even remotely good enough to share. I'm sure I will make it better but I just couldn't wait to share it. I started mixing it night before last so I have no idea what happens with steeping. It's so good I may never find out!

I'm welcoming suggestions on this one with open arms. A very thankful nod goes out to @HeadInClouds for prompting me to get FA Apple (not Fuji) for an Apple Jacks vibe and @Thunderball for teaching me about FA Apple Pie. HIC is also the reason I know to use Vienna and Fresh Creams for the dairy and merengue for a little fruity sweetening. :hugHIC: A wide thank you goes out to all the DIY posters here. Y'all are the best.

Morning Wood (but good enough to give you at least half a boner, any time of day, no matter what actual sex organs you have)
6% FW Apple Jacks
5% TFA Graham Cracker Crust
1% FA Vienna Cream
1% FA Fresh Cream
1% FA Merengue
1% FA Apple
1% FA Apple Pie

Yes, it's a lot of flavoring. Cut it in half if you're scared. :p I'll probably up the FW AJ to 8% next time and see what happens. I've seen people using up to 18% of that flavor but it needed steeping. Maybe I can find a balance between here and there.

I will experiment with FA Cinnamon Ceylon and/or TFA Brown Sugar Extra next as well. Might try a 70VG version before I change any percentages, just to see if that kicks it up to where I want it. This is the first juice I've made in a long time that had almost enough flavor for me.

I've been mixing it max VG (84) and vaping it in one of my crazy rigs - a Mutation X with 28ga Kanthal twisted + parallel dual coils on an IPV3 set at 80-90W. This mix is not scared of higher wattage. Just filled up my OCC Atlantis @ 30W and as expected, the flavor is a little muted. I'm not blaming that on the juice though. I don't have any smaller or lower wattage devices, I'd love some feedback on how it tastes in them if you would be so kind!

Thanks again VU. :grouphug:

PS - I would say "don't take my recipe and sell it as your own" but if you're that kind of person, you'll do it anyway. Whatever. I have faith in karma. ;)

KeyserSoze

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
That would be awesome. Let me know if you do and what you might change about it. I'm still a newb and have lots to learn.

Thanks zamazam.

JayZ

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Steeping times man? Or Shake and Vape?

KeyserSoze

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Steeping times man? Or Shake and Vape?
Shake it and vape it. I'm going to try 8% on the Apple Jacks and if I like that, I'm going to make a larger batch so I can see what happens after a few days.

VapingBiker

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
OK, I made it Been steeping since yesterday. Only mad 15 mil. Your recipe, think its ready?

KeyserSoze

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
OK, I made it Been steeping since yesterday. Only mad 15 mil. Your recipe, think its ready?
Cool! Give her a try. It's good fresh, haven't noticed much change over a day or two. I'm gonna try a couple tweaks tonight and if they go well I'm going to make a big bottle so that I'll know what a week does to it.

Badgerfacedcat

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I have everything but FA Apple pie, but I have tfa pie crust. What apple flavor does FA apple pie taste like? FA apple? FA fuji? A mix of them?

I tried fw apple jacks and the Apple part was great but it had a horrible exhale.

KeyserSoze

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I have everything but FA Apple pie, but I have tfa pie crust. What apple flavor does FA apple pie taste like? FA apple? FA fuji? A mix of them?

I tried fw apple jacks and the Apple part was great but it had a horrible exhale.
FA Apple Pie doesn't have a lot of Apple flavor to me. Mostly crust. What apple flavor it does have is more like Apple than Fuji IMO. I haven't tried TFA pie crust but it might help. I'd say try it without it first. The Graham cracker crust along w the other flavors might be enough to help fix the funky exhale from the Apple Jacks. Let us know what you think!

Badgerfacedcat

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I just mixed up with 8% applejacks, 1.5% apple and 1% tfa pie crust. Leaving in bath at 110 degrees overnight. I'll report back.

KeyserSoze

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I just mixed up with 8% applejacks, 1.5% apple and 1% tfa pie crust. Leaving in bath at 110 degrees overnight. I'll report back.
Sounds good. I've upped the apple jacks to 7% so far. Might try 8 myself.

Badgerfacedcat

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
So I'll give my honest feedback. I let it sit in a warm bath overnight and this could be the reason, I'll revisit it in a week, but FW Apple Jacks is just bad. It had a soggy cardboard taste. I've been working on an AJ recipe for about 3 weeks now and have gone through 15 versions. I haven't found the proper apple to use. I believe the cereal stone is the correct base but need to fill in the apple gap.

KeyserSoze

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
So I'll give my honest feedback. I let it sit in a warm bath overnight and this could be the reason, I'll revisit it in a week, but FW Apple Jacks is just bad. It had a soggy cardboard taste. I've been working on an AJ recipe for about 3 weeks now and have gone through 15 versions. I haven't found the proper apple to use. I believe the cereal stone is the correct base but need to fill in the apple gap.
Thanks for the honest feedback. It's the best kind. :) FW Apple Jacks seems like it falls in the "love it or hate it" category. I don't like it very much standalone but I'm digging it with some help. I wonder if a little AP and FA cinnamon Ceylon would make a decent substitute? I get very little apple from it but the cinnamon and grain is crucial for this mix, IMHO.

I'm going to try a strong standalone mix of Apple pie soon to see exactly what it brings to the table. Haven't tried it by itself yet. Maybe more of it w some Ceylon could replace the AJ?

MikeSully

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I have a recipe very similar to this! Apple jax, apple pie, cap vc, frosted donut, cinnamon danish, sweetner. Been running it in the goblin for two weeks, can't stop myself! Reminds me to a very a close clone of "Muffin Man" by One Hit Wonder Juice. I'd share the recipe (drops) if anyone cares.

Last edited:

KeyserSoze

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I have a recipe very similar to this! Apple jax, apple pie, cap vc, frosted donut, cinnamon danish, sweetner. Been running it in the goblin for two weeks, can't stop myself! Reminds me to a very a lose clone of "Muffin Man" by One Hit Wonder Juice. I'd share the recipe (drops) if anyone cares.
If you don't mind sharing you are more than welcome to. Yours sounds sweeter and more of an Apple Jacks flavored dessert vape. I bet it's awesome. I'm missing the donut and danish though... :( Do you like those? Frosted donut sounds like something I would put in a lot of mixes.

Laughmore

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Alternative inspiration (I super-like) HIC's cereal recipe and try it after a steep. imo give it a taste before transforming it into all AJ.
sorry for apple jacking the thread?

MikeSully

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Clone Recipe for Muffin Man by One Hit Wonder ELiquid

Mixed with 18ml (vg)
(DROPS)
32 Frosted donut FW
48 Apple Jax Type FW
32 Apple Pie (cap)
15 Sweetener (TFA)
8 Brown Sugar Exta (TFA)
15 Vanilla Custard V2 (Cap)
8 Cinnamon Danish (TFA)
6 Cheesecake Graham Crust (TFA)

I think the mix is around 20 percent flavoring total using a 35drop/ml calculation (high for my standards but not uncommon for premium e-juices).

It's a knock-off attempt at the Muffin man, as I mentioned before. I prefer this one to the original but it has less of a "cookie" taste and the apple is balanced, not right up front. It also lacks what I found to be a slightly harsh throat hit in the original.

I like the Frosted Donut flavor when it is well mixed. Stand alone it is lacking. It brings a bakery taste with a granulated sugar/slight cinnamon flavor that I haven't duplicated with other flavorings. It doesnt taste like a glazed donut to me, but more like the plain donut with a crunchy granulated sugar and cinnamon coating.

The cinnamon danish has found its way into several of my mixes as well at low percentages. It has an outstanding bakery cinnamon quality thats nothing like a red hot candy. It's just what you imagine it to be. It does have a stronger "Cookie" type bakery flavor and is dry (no creamy sugary icing here). I have not tried it as a standalone, but it serves me well the way I use it to accent other flavors.

Enjoy- happy mixing!

KeyserSoze

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Alternative inspiration (I super-like) HIC's cereal recipe and try it after a steep. imo give it a taste before transforming it into all AJ.
sorry for apple jacking the thread?
Lol. I mixed up some of that recipe and tried it awhile back. I need to revisit that bottle after some steeping. So far I don't like Marzipan at all. If it's still messing it up for me I'll remake it without the Marzipan and see what's up. It definitely inspired a lot of this recipe.

Mixed with 18ml (vg)
(DROPS)
32 Frosted donut FW
48 Apple Jax Type FW
32 Apple Pie (cap)
15 Sweetener (TFA)
8 Brown Sugar Exta (TFA)
8 Cinnamon Danish (TFA)

I think the mix is around 20 percent flavoring total using a 35drop/ml calculation (high for my standards but not uncommon for premium e-juices).

It's a knock-off attempt at the Muffin man, as I mentioned before. I prefer this one to the original but it has less of a "cookie" taste and the apple is balanced, not right up front. It also lacks what I found to be a slightly harsh throat hit in the original.

I like the Frosted Donut flavor when it is well mixed. Stand alone it is lacking. It brings a bakery taste with a granulated sugar/slight cinnamon flavor that I haven't duplicated with other flavorings. It doesnt taste like a glazed donut to me, but more like the plain donut with a crunchy granulated sugar and cinnamon coating.

The cinnamon danish has found its way into several of my mixes as well at low percentages. It has an outstanding bakery cinnamon quality thats nothing like a red hot candy. It's just what you imagine it to be. It does have a stronger "Cookie" type bakery flavor and is dry (no creamy sugary icing here). I have not tried it as a standalone, but it serves me well the way I use it to accent other flavors.

Enjoy- happy mixing!
I see the TFA Cinnamon Danish popping up a lot. I'll grab a sample on my next order. I think I've seen TFA Frosted Donut as well but not FW. Will have to look into those more. It sounds good! Those two are all I'm missing out of that recipe. Thanks for sharing it.

Laughmore

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I see the TFA Cinnamon Danish popping up a lot. I'll grab a sample on my next order.
I got Caps and TFA cinn danish the other day, I like the TFA better. The Caps cinnamon bakery flavors (cinn coffee cake and danish) have a distinct cinnamon flavor that is a little bit rude, like cinnamon directly on the tongue.

I got the DX Cinnamon Danish (TPA), and I don't know the original but I'm loving this version. The original has bads @ <0.5%, no info posted on the TPA site for the DX version yet. My caps sample is demoted to coffee and breakfast hot cereal flavoring, which it does well.

Last edited:

KeyserSoze

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I got Caps and TFA cinn danish the other day, I like the TFA better. The Caps cinnamon bakery flavors (cinn coffee cake and danish) have a distinct cinnamon flavor that is a little bit rude, like cinnamon directly on the tongue.

I got the DX (v2) danish, bads at <.5%. I don't know the original but I'm loving this DX version. My caps sample is demoted to coffee and breakfast hot cereal flavoring, which it does well.
I'm going to add "rude" to my flavor vocabulary. I have definitely had some rude flavors before. Thanks a lot for the cinnamon danish comparison!

Who is DX?

Laughmore

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
TPA is to "DX" as Capella is to "version 2," editing previous post for clarity and another oopsie.

There is a French Vanilla and French Vanilla Deluxe by TPA, but in that case the Deluxe has bad stuff. Think I also see the same for pomegranate tpa.

Last edited:

KeyserSoze

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
TPA is to "DX" as Capella is to "version 2," editing previous post for clarity and another oopsie.

There is a French Vanilla and French Vanilla Deluxe by TPA, but in that case the Deluxe has bad stuff. Think I also see the same for pomegranate tpa.
Aha. Thanks for the clarification. It sure would make things easier if deluxe = less bad stuff but at least I know to check and see before I buy a flavor that has both versions.

Badgerfacedcat

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Ok, so it's been a week now and I have to say the mix is lightyears better than it was. I will say, this isn't what I would want out of an apple jacks recipes, but it tastes good. For me it's missing the milky sugar part. Maybe more Meringue? It also had a high throat hit, but I've been testing custards all week and my palette may not be welcoming of cinnamon at the moment.

KeyserSoze

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Ok, so it's been a week now and I have to say the mix is lightyears better than it was. I will say, this isn't what I would want out of an apple jacks recipes, but it tastes good. For me it's missing the milky sugar part. Maybe more Meringue? It also had a high throat hit, but I've been testing custards all week and my palette may not be welcoming of cinnamon at the moment.
That's great to hear. I didn't realize until now that you made my recipe with 3 changes. I thought you just used those 3 ingredients. More meringue huh? I can try that for sure. I took the fresh cream out of the last batch to try to get more of the Apple and cinnamon. I'll bump the meringue and maybe the Vienna next time.

Badgerfacedcat

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
That's great to hear. I didn't realize until now that you made my recipe with 3 changes. I thought you just used those 3 ingredients. More meringue huh? I can try that for sure. I took the fresh cream out of the last batch to try to get more of the Apple and cinnamon. I'll bump the meringue and maybe the Vienna next time.

Right now it tastes more like the dry cereal than with milk... and ajs sucks without milk.

KeyserSoze

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Right now it tastes more like the dry cereal than with milk... and ajs sucks without milk.

Do you have a go-to milk addition? Maybe double up the Vienna Cream and meringue?

ETA I've seen TFA Bavarian Cream and TFA Sweet Cream used in cereal recipes before. I have both. Maybe they would help more than extra Vienna and meringue?

Badgerfacedcat

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I used cereal stone for everything. 2% meringue, 2% fw yellow cake, 2% fw or Tfa hazelnut. I would up the meringue and try adding some fw hazelnut. I've noticed creams tend to mute the flavor of the cereal, but you could try upping the creams.

KeyserSoze

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I used cereal stone for everything. 2% meringue, 2% fw yellow cake, 2% fw or Tfa hazelnut. I would up the meringue and try adding some fw hazelnut. I've noticed creams tend to mute the flavor of the cereal, but you could try upping the creams.
That's why I took the fresh cream out, hoping to bring out the other flavors. I will add cerealstone on Monday. Thanks for the tip. I just got vape mail at work and at the post office today but probably won't be able to get to either of them until monday. I've got yellow cake and meringue. FW hazelnut is in one of the shipments that came in today.

Mixed with 18ml (vg)
(DROPS)
32 Frosted donut FW
48 Apple Jax Type FW
32 Apple Pie (cap)
15 Sweetener (TFA)
8 Brown Sugar Exta (TFA)
8 Cinnamon Danish (TFA)

Enjoy- happy mixing!

what can i sub. for frosted doughnut i have probably 200 flavors and that isnt one of them.. ?

MikeSully

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
what can i sub. for frosted doughnut i have probably 200 flavors and that isnt one of them.. ?
Unfortunately, this and applejax were the first two flavors I picked up on when I tasted muffin man. I'm not sure if there's a sub. Good luck and let us know what you come up with!

VU Sponsors