Become a Patron!

Mouth to Lung or Direct Lung Hitter?

Woodsman

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just came across those phrases on my new SMOK GCT (Gimlet Cloud Tank) instruction folder. WTF? Who would do direct lung hits? I am a mouth to lung hitter, like smoking cigarettes. And, even though I just moved into the capability for sub ohm cloud chasing vaping with the 0.2 Ni200 GCT + Hana Modz DNA40, do I want to go there? I've been content with my 6 watt vaping, mouth to lung, aerotank style tanks, 1.8 to 2.0 coils, 70VG/30PG juice...
Any Direct Lung Hitters care to comment?

Giraut

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I like both - depends on the atomizer. If the draw is tight, usually with a tank, I do mouth-to-lung (or mouth-to-lung, followed by a mixture of direct lung hit and breathing through my nose at the same time). If the draw is loose with a dripper, I do direct lung hits, and not necessarily at high power either.

It's just a different type of pleasure afforded to vapers, that smokers can never know :) In any case, don't knock it till you try it.

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I have done direct lung hits since moving past my EGO kit.

Even with a X6 and an Aero V2, I was lung hitting. (24 nic)

I now use mostly a Billow, and RDA's. Still lung hit if I grab a tank for some off the wall juice.

Woodsman

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I like both - depends on the atomizer. If the draw is tight, usually with a tank, I do mouth-to-lung (or mouth-to-lung, followed by a mixture of direct lung hit and breathing through my nose at the same time). If the draw is loose with a dripper, I do direct lung hits, and not necessarily at high power either.

It's just a different type of pleasure afforded to vapers, that smokers can never know :) In any case, don't knock it till you try it.
Okay...I tried it. Not bad. I can see that temp control is good to have for direct lung hitting, just so one doesn't accidentally vape too hot. And I can see that direct lung hitting is necessary to create clouds (for cloud chasers). Wouldn't want to make a habit of it, but it has its time and place.

RBVapes

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah the only time I do direct lung hits is with the lighter flavored juices and the rDNA40. Otherwise it's just uncomfortable of me. Like what Giraut said - I sometimes do a "blended" approach of direct to lung after the initial mouth-lung hit using my nose to add some more plain air for a good hit.

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Okay...I tried it. Not bad. I can see that temp control is good to have for direct lung hitting, just so one doesn't accidentally vape too hot. And I can see that direct lung hitting is necessary to create clouds (for cloud chasers). Wouldn't want to make a habit of it, but it has its time and place.
The temp control mainly prevents dry hits.

Faceless Vapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
It depends. First of all just do what you are content doing. If mouth to lung is what you want to do then mouth to lung it is. Anything to not smoke the stinkies. Next, if you are wanting to cloud chase the only way I see you doing that is taking lung hits. It takes a little getting used to so I would not rush it.

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I can't handle direct lung hits when i first get up. I mouth to lung my kayfun with a specific juice in the morning. After a while I switch to lung hitting atty's and use different juice. My morning juice is terrible for lung hitting, but is wonderful in my kayfun which performs better as a mouth to lung device. My kayfun is the only mouth to lung device I need. I have a few lung hitters though. A subtank mini for dripper'ish performance when dripping isn't appropriate or desired and a couple rda's for times when I want to and can drip. So my answer to the thread title question is yes. ;)

Panther1911

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
i used to be a mouth to lung, now i am a lung hitter, i even try to lung drag on EVOD/protanks still lol

cigbuyer

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I think it takes a while to get used to direct lung hits. Not only is it a strange concept for recent smokers, but (at least for me) it would feel uncomfortable and cause an itchy, dry feeling in the back of my throat. Plus, it felt like the nic would rush straight to my head!

With experimentation over time, I eventually became comfortable with direct lung hits, and as others have mentioned it really depends on the juice and type of device. I'm still a mouth to lung kind of guy 90% of the time, but I enjoy a good lung hit occasionally, especially when I'm trying to generate a massive cloud B-)

Woodsman

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've moved into direct lung hits and am comfortable with them now. Moving into temperature control seems to invite direct lung hits. When I was doing 3.3 volts or 6 watts with a 1.8 or 2 ohm tank, mouth to lung was the standard. Now I have a 0.2 ohm tank that likes long hits.

Chainvapor

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I can't handle direct lung hits when i first get up. I mouth to lung my kayfun with a specific juice in the morning. After a while I switch to lung hitting atty's and use different juice. My morning juice is terrible for lung hitting, but is wonderful in my kayfun which performs better as a mouth to lung device. My kayfun is the only mouth to lung device I need. I have a few lung hitters though. A subtank mini for dripper'ish performance when dripping isn't appropriate or desired and a couple rda's for times when I want to and can drip. So my answer to the thread title question is yes. ;)

WOW! I thought I was the only one. This sounds EXACTLY like me. I use a Kayfun in the mornings (mouth-to-lung) and after an hour or 2 I switch to my Lemo or Subtank, or Arctic tank and start doing lung hits. I rarely use RDA's anymore because the tanks have gotten so good. Dripping is a pain. Still nice once in awhile to try new juice though. Vape On and Vape Strong all!!

CV :)

CurlyxCracker

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Direct lung inhale for me. More open draw is normally what "invites" a lung inhale. Tank or dripper. Although only tank I use is my Orchid. Looking hard at the goblin/silverplay though....

VU Sponsors