Become a Patron!

Mt. Baker Vapor: Cheap juice, big flavors.... small issue...

Dtackett5

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
and excellent customer service. so heres the scoop.

I placed 2 separate orders on Thursday night. and immediately there were some problems. mostly on my part.

so most sites I look at list their ratios in VG/PG not PG/VG. so I assumed when I clicked 80/20 I was getting a high vg fluid. my mistake, I didn't pay enough attention. it is very clear what their ratios are and I clicked 80pg/20vg instead of 20pg/80vg. So I sent MBV an email immediately asking if they can correct the issue and first thing Friday morning (Christmas day at that) I received an email saying they were able to correct it before the order was placed.

when you order from MBV the juice is generally not premade and is made to order by a separate company in AZ and they are very VERY quick to fill orders and get them ready for shipping. So I was lucky for them to be able to get notice to have it changed before it was made. well, so I thought.

I received my shipments on Saturday the 26th. I was amazed. shipped from AZ to ohio in 2 days on Christmas. I cannot say enough about how quickly they prep and ship. im still amazed at that.

I opened my packages to find 4 bottles of juice (you get a free 10ML bottle of a random juice with every order) and the 2 bottles I ordered were 80/20 PG/VG! I was not happy what so ever. then as I dug further I realized they also sent the wrong cotton. I had ordered a pack of bacon bits cotton with each order and with one of my orders I received koga cotton instead. while it would have worked just as well, it was not what I had ordered. at this point I figured I would never do business with them again. so I emailed them and remained respectful but let them know what happened and that I wasn't happy about it. 3 hours later I received and email from a different representative with the company and within 20 minutes she had placed a new order to replace both bottles and to send the right cotton free of charge and told me to keep the bottles I have or if I cant use them (im sensitive to PG) to give them to a friend. She then asked for the quality control number and color so that she could have the situation fixed within the company as well.

I have to say, MBV may have a couple cons but what company doesn't? I tested all 3 flavors (both of the samples were the same) and even though the high PG was a little rough for me the flavors exploded. now, considering these were all mixed 2 days before they need some time to steep but even just as a fresh mix the flavors are amazing. The customer service I received was amazing and I will be shopping with them again.

30ML Carnival apple 80/20 VG/PG with 2 extra flavor shots
10ML banana cream pie freebie MaxVG
30 feet of a1 Kanthal 28ga
pack of bacon bits cotton
shipped for 22 bucks.

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've had that happen before so I order VG max.. Their VG isn't that thick anyway and wicks well in all my subtanks..no worries about the getting the wrong mix..lol

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Dtackett5

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I've had that happen before so I order VG max.. Their VG isn't that thick anyway and wicks well in all my subtanks..no worries about the getting the wrong mix..lol

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
its odd though. their PG doesn't seem as rough as others to me.

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The odd thing to me is that vendors have started indiscriminately substituting PG/VG ratios for VG/PG ratios - this seems to be a fairly recent phenomenon over the last year or so and is confusing as hell to both old vapers who learned that P comes before V in most recitations of the alphabet and for newer ones who learned that V makes sick clouds bro so it's more important and comes first...

Dtackett5

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
The odd thing to me is that vendors have started indiscriminately substituting PG/VG ratios for VG/PG ratios - this seems to be a fairly recent phenomenon over the last year or so and is confusing as hell to both old vapers who learned that P comes before V in most recitations of the alphabet and for newer ones who learned that V makes sick clouds bro so it's more important and comes first...
lol yeah im pretty new and have mostly seen the older brands or cheap gas station brands listed as PG/VG.

I think the reason for the transition is because more and more people are wanting more VG for a smoother vape so that's the number that is being looked at more and more. I get plenty of clouds with 50/50, insane clouds with 80/20+, but id be ok with just decent clouds (feels more satisfying to me). for me, almost every juice in my local shops are listed in VG/PG and when you ask what the ratio is, the owner gives you the ratio in a VG/PG ratio. I know not much is standardized throughout the industry but simple measurements should be. would make things much easier.

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
lol yeah im pretty new and have mostly seen the older brands or cheap gas station brands listed as PG/VG.

I think the reason for the transition is because more and more people are wanting more VG for a smoother vape so that's the number that is being looked at more and more. I get plenty of clouds with 50/50, insane clouds with 80/20+, but id be ok with just decent clouds (feels more satisfying to me). for me, almost every juice in my local shops are listed in VG/PG and when you ask what the ratio is, the owner gives you the ratio in a VG/PG ratio. I know not much is standardized throughout the industry but simple measurements should be. would make things much easier.
I agree 100% about standardization. But I'm still a stickler for things like reciting the alphabet in order and enjoying my 10/90 liquid like a grumpy old man...

Dtackett5

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I agree 100% about standardization. But I'm still a stickler for things like reciting the alphabet in order and enjoying my 10/90 liquid like a grumpy old man...
lol in all honesty I don't think it should have changed. once the standard markings were set they should have stayed that way. would make it easier for everyone.

I have ordered countless bottles of e-juice from MBV before I started DIY over a year ago. I had no problems at all with them and if they had something listed that they were out of, they would call me and asked if there was another flavor that I preferred or if I would like a refund. I always just picked another flavor. Hawk Sauce was my number one go to during the time. Although their juice needs to be steeped when you get it, that was no problem. If I wanted the juice bad enough, I would pour the juice into a glass bottle and quick steep it in a crock-pot. I was always satisfied with their products and customer support. Although I don't buy juice from them any more since I DIY, I still visit them occasionally when I am looking for hardware.

VU Sponsors