My Bad: Read the Full First Issue of 2022's Most Bizarre New Superhero Comic

Status
Not open for further replies.

VUBot

Staff member
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Ahoy Comics has become one of the go-to publishers for anyone who craves an off-kilter, genre-bending approach to superhero stories, and My Bad may be the publisher's most bizarre and hilarious release yet. But if you want to decide for yourself, IGN can exclusively debut a lengthy preview of the upcoming trade paperback collection.

Check out the slideshow gallery below to read the entire first issue of My Bad, along with the new TPB introduction by novelist and comics scribe Alex Segura:

[warning - some NSFW language ahead!]

My Bad is a joint effort between writers Mark Russell (the mind behind DC's shockingly subversive The Flintstones) and Bryce Ingman (Edgar Allan Poe's Snifter of Terror), with Peter Krause (Irredeemable) handling the artwork.

In the series, Russell and Ingman each pen separate, interconnected stories centered around an egotistical villain named Emperor King, with Krause drawing both stories. In Russell's tale, Emperor King sends a birthday present to his nemesis The Chandelier, which sparks a massive bout of paranoia in the Batman-esque superhero. In Ingman's story, Emperor King torments his other nemesis, the alien speedster The Accelerator, with a series of deadly traps, only to accidentally snare the wrong person. By the end of this five-issue series, both stories wind up converging.

The My Bad TPB is priced at $17.99 and is slated for release on Tuesday, May 17.

In other comics news, Batman: Damned artist Lee Bermejo is returning to Gotham City with Batman: Dear Detective, and Marvel is teasing the final entry in the Spider-Verse saga.

Jesse is a mild-mannered staff writer for IGN. Allow him to lend a machete to your intellectual thicket by following @jschedeen on Twitter.

Continue reading...

Status
Not open for further replies.

VU Sponsors