916c9a515af6711b303f4b9401f57729.jpg

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

manthe

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
While experienced mixers may be able to surmise most of them based on acquired knowledge - beginners will likely not know the vendors/makers of the flavors lists in your recipe...

Looks good - thanks for the post!

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Is that 42% flavoring???:eek:

Yep. Now I don't feel so bad about the 30% flavoring in my own strawberry &cream (which tastes like strawberry custard). :D

Andria

cass

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
42%...........I dont know if I believe that....maybe with nearly dead taste buds.......

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
42%...........I dont know if I believe that....maybe with nearly dead taste buds.......

My tastebuds *are* nearly dead, or maybe comatose, but that recipe.. I dunno, it seems like overkill. I get a fantastic strawberry-custard tasting vape with just 5 ingredients, at 30% flavoring.

Inawera Shisha Strawberry 15.6%
TFA DX Bavarian Cream 5.7%
TFA Vanilla Swirl 4.3%
CAP Sweet Cream 1.9%
TFA Sweetener 2.5%

For those with not-dead tastebuds, it could probably be decreased by half, other than the sweetener, which probably needs to stay at 2-2.5%, depending on one's preference.

Andria

cass

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
My tastebuds *are* nearly dead, or maybe comatose, but that recipe.. I dunno, it seems like overkill. I get a fantastic strawberry-custard tasting vape with just 5 ingredients, at 30% flavoring.

Inawera Shisha Strawberry 15.6%
TFA DX Bavarian Cream 5.7%
TFA Vanilla Swirl 4.3%
CAP Sweet Cream 1.9%
TFA Sweetener 2.5%

For those with not-dead tastebuds, it could probably be decreased by half, other than the sweetener, which probably needs to stay at 2-2.5%, depending on one's preference.

Andria
Have you ever tried your recipe subbing/using FA marshmallow for the sweetener?

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Have you ever tried your recipe subbing/using FA marshmallow for the sweetener?

No...
a) I dislike marshmallow except for mallomar cookies;
b) a candy *flavor* is not a substitute for intense sweetness, which is what I want.
c) I've tried very few FA flavors. Their "Virginia" tastes like rotten celery smells when it liquefies in the crisper; the only flavor of theirs I use is their "Flash" for TH.

Andria

jeffbalfa3

Member For 4 Years
While experienced mixers may be able to surmise most of them based on acquired knowledge - beginners will likely not know the vendors/makers of the flavors lists in your recipe...

Looks good - thanks for the post!
Yeah I hear you. I use mostly cap and tfa. Usually the names give it away but with all the negativity here I'll probably just keep my recipes to myself. But thanks.

cass

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thats Right I dont vape but I have read 1000s of recipes because I dont vape but I do make juice.....and that was my OPINION based on the amounts used in all the 1000s of recipes I have read.....like the poster, shark vape, above asked.....why bother posting a recipe if you wont tell any one the vendors???....sounds a little childish...but....no you dont have to post vendors or recipes.........it was not negativity on my part.......some peoples taste buds ARE shot.....and do need greater amounts in their recipe.....and because I have read so much I know some people post recipes having no idea if they will work or if the amounts are even close....I'm glad you read the few posts I have made....you must have noticed none are negative....I'm glad its all good for you.....dont take it so personal.....

jeffbalfa3

Member For 4 Years
Thats Right I dont vape but I have read 1000s of recipes because I dont vape but I do make juice.....and that was my OPINION based on the amounts used in all the 1000s of recipes I have read.....like the poster, shark vape, above asked.....why bother posting a recipe if you wont tell any one the vendors???....sounds a little childish...but....no you dont have to post vendors or recipes.........it was not negativity on my part.......some peoples taste buds ARE shot.....and do need greater amounts in their recipe.....and because I have read so much I know some people post recipes having no idea if they will work or if the amounts are even close....I'm glad you read the few posts I have made....you must have noticed none are negative....I'm glad its all good for you.....dont take it so personal.....
Been making juice and selling for a couple years my friend. As for not posting the vendors that's how my recipes are set up and if you really knew what you were doing its all in the name of the flavor. Good day to you bud.

cass

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hey "Bud" here.....Im not the one who asked for the vendor list......try reading with a little more comprehension......glad you have been making and selling for a few years......give your self a big pat on the back.....it should make you feel better......

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
As for not posting the vendors that's how my recipes are set up and if you really knew what you were doing its all in the name of the flavor.

Only if you're very experienced with DIYing; those just starting out really need the vendor to be noted, so they know what to get to copy the recipe, since all mfr's versions of flavors are different.

But 42% does seem extremely extreme. :D People have been giving me the hairy eyeball for my 30% flavor version ever since I started posting it, so I see 42%, and all those flavors, and it looks like extreme overkill to me.

Andria

jeffbalfa3

Member For 4 Years
Only if you're very experienced with DIYing; those just starting out really need the vendor to be noted, so they know what to get to copy the recipe, since all mfr's versions of flavors are different.

But 42% does seem extremely extreme. :D People have been giving me the hairy eyeball for my 30% flavor version ever since I started posting it, so I see 42%, and all those flavors, and it looks like extreme overkill to me.

Andria
Cool

jeffbalfa3

Member For 4 Years
Hey "Bud" here.....Im not the one who asked for the vendor list......try reading with a little more comprehension......glad you have been making and selling for a few years......give your self a big pat on the back.....it should make you feel better......
Sure does. Lol.

Chrispdx

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Did someone say "cupcake". Lol.

Anyways. Yes, normally it's nice to enter sweet strawberry CAP and so on. Especially if you want others to try. And yes, for example there are companies that make flavorings with same name. Like vanilla bean ice cream.

Yes, 42% is pretty high for most users. I know I gave Andriad the funny eye (without saying anything) with here high strawberry INW ...but once she said that here taste buds are fried and she vapes at low temp/watt because she does like a hot vape....welp it all makes sense and was glad she has found that balance of flavors to make her happy.

What was even better was that when wuestioned she gave a happy reply.

For me I typically hit the norm on most flavor percents. But someone said my feelings on billberry FA at 2-4% was too high. And for most it may be, but for me I love the punch in the face billberry FA acouple days in.

Welcome to the club. Look forward to your inputs in the future.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Yes, 42% is pretty high for most users. I know I gave Andriad the funny eye (without saying anything) with here high strawberry INW ...but once she said that here taste buds are fried and she vapes at low temp/watt because she does like a hot vape....welp it all makes sense and was glad she has found that balance of flavors to make her happy.

I'm glad I was at least polite. :D But y'know what? I think maybe I'm starting to get over the need for such extreme flavoring; I've been under the weather lately, my sense of smell just completely FUBAR, and lately that strawberry & cream I've vaped for over 15 months just doesn't hit me right; I've been sticking to my customized blueberry muffin lately; it's lighter, and not quite as sweet. Might be time to reformulate that strawberry vape with a lot lighter flavoring, and if so, hurray! I've been waiting very impatiently for my tastebuds to discover that they're no longer being suffocated. :D

Andria

jeffbalfa3

Member For 4 Years
Did someone say "cupcake". Lol.

Anyways. Yes, normally it's nice to enter sweet strawberry CAP and so on. Especially if you want others to try. And yes, for example there are companies that make flavorings with same name. Like vanilla bean ice cream.

For me I typically hit the norm on most flavor percents. But someone said my feelings on billberry FA at 2-4% was too high. And for most it may be, but for me I love the punch in the face billberry FA acouple days in.

Welcome to the club. Look forward to your inputs in the future.
Thanks for your thoughtful input.

Chrispdx

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
We're all pretty thoughtfull. Sometimes words don't work well.

I normally find in most forums when you pop into the rda/building section and someone asks what's the "best" things get heated pretty quick and new people get left in the dust...mostly for no good reason. (Which is why I still don't build coils).

DIY ejuice mixing for most of us get worried for the newbie who sees %42 flavoring and try's it and posts a day later with the typical "it's not working" and a big chuck of us will say...welp yeah it needs 1-2 months of sit time and you should have first tried adapting down the percents and work you way up.

But that all comes from research and reading and reading. And more so, understanding that we are all trying to help each other.

VU Sponsors