Become a Patron!

My evod mega has a burnt taste

I do not know why my evod mega has a burnt taste and makes a cracking noise. I think it might have something to do with the fact that i accidentally used it when it was low on liquid.(sorry for bad english)

Countrypami

The Link Ninja
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Crackling sound is normal. If it tastes burnt.. you are either running it too hot.. or you burnt the wick. Try lowering the voltage or wattage... if that don't work, change out the coil.

Crackling sound is normal. If it tastes burnt.. you are either running it too hot.. or you burnt the wick. Try lowering the voltage or wattage... if that don't work, change out the coil.
I have already changed the coil and the burnt taste persists. Its not the usual cracking noise, its as something getting burnt (a stronger noise) and i think this model has no alternative voltage.

Countrypami

The Link Ninja
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
If you think its a defect than i would take it back to where you go it, if its not very old.

Barbara E.

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
If it's tasting 'burnt', not enough liquid is getting to the coil. Since you changed the coil and are still getting the burnt taste, it's probably one of two things. One, you got two bad heads in a row (unlikely). Two, the liquid is not wicking fast enough to the head. Did you change to a liquid with a higher proportion of VG (which makes it more viscous so it doesn't wick as well)? Are you taking longer inhales?

Couple of things to try. Empty the tank and fill it up with a lower VG liquid. Inhale several times without hitting the button then take a few gentle, short inhales. Continue using it for an hour or so but keep your inhales relatively short. Is it still tasting burnt?

If so, you may have burnt your coil too badly for it to recover. Put in a new coil and repeat the process with a lower VG liquid and the 'primer' puffs (without hitting the button). You want to make sure that the wick in the coil is saturated. I'm guessing it should be ok. If not, post again.

VU Sponsors