Become a Patron!

My First RDA is Coming

RedFive420

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
hello all, ive been wanting to go to the next step and have been watching videos and doing my research. the question i have for yall is what gage wire do you recommend for me to start?
ive been making my own juice so the thought of changing flavors easy is appealing ....TY

TF Vaping

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
26 or 28, I use either of the two in all my builds. Be sure to study up on battery safety and get a ohm meter if you aren't using a mod with one. Don't think you have to build stupid low to get good performance.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

CgS_Drone

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
If I had to say just one ga. I would say 28ga. That is what I started on and still use, I plan to start trying other sizes but I have been able to get anything I was wanting out of 28ga so far.

VAPEROXX

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
hello all, ive been wanting to go to the next step and have been watching videos and doing my research. the question i have for yall is what gage wire do you recommend for me to start?
ive been making my own juice so the thought of changing flavors easy is appealing ....TY
Out of curiosity, what RDA did you get, and what mod are you using?

RedFive420

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
i bought a dark horse... right now ill be using it on my istick 40 or my mvp 3

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
a4ecec44442354161c1842f697e09503.jpg
Good choice! I've had this Dark Horse seen here with the chuff cap for about 4 mos now.. Got a dual nichrome 24g build at .21 ohms that vapes great at 75-80w or so..thick clouds and awesome flavor too! And no leaks!!

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

RedFive420

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
yeah, i read up on a few and i really could not find to many people with bad things to say about it

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Like others have said, I like 26g and 28g Kanthal for beginners - more room for error. As you progress you may move to 24 or even 22 for straight builds, but the thinner wire will still be useful for twisted or other complex machinations.

Flightmedic76

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'm going to say 28 since you'll be limited to 60W. You can always twist two strands to lower the resistance a smidgen if desired. Higher resistance will heat up quicker which will require less power and help extend the battery life since you are using mods with internal batteries.

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I am different I suggest 24g I rarely use anything else unless I am fiddling with Clapton coils

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Maxing out at 40w, I would suggest going with 26g. 8 wraps with a 2.5mm diameter.
Should put you with a very nice vape at 40w.
Later on as you get more power at your disposal, 24g or 22g. At 40w it would take some time for the 24g to heat up, with 26g you'll get immediate vapor and happiness.

Joe_kr

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
New builder here (not hijacking or anything) I have a twisted 24g 6 wraps on a REMentry atty coming in at .22 ohm, firing it on my ipv d2. Takes maybe a second or so to ramp up at 47watts (what I vape at) but on 75 it pops and get great clouds. 75 is a little too much for me hence 47 watts is great for me. I love flavor and clouds. Here's a pic for you. Remember, this is my first build as well.
a460cdf394c8b262d70cdea3be1ed2c2.jpg

Enjoy building.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CgS_Drone

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
New builder here (not hijacking or anything) I have a twisted 24g 6 wraps on a REMentry atty coming in at .22 ohm, firing it on my ipv d2. Takes maybe a second or so to ramp up at 47watts (what I vape at) but on 75 it pops and get great clouds. 75 is a little too much for me hence 47 watts is great for me. I love flavor and clouds. Here's a pic for you. Remember, this is my first build as well.

Nice, Just ordered the eVIC VTC mini about 30 min. ago. Heck for $28 figured I would give it a try. Haven't tried regulated mods so I have ordered 3 of them to find out what its all about.

Joe_kr

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
The evic mini comes with the old firmware (I think it still does) the new version bumps it up to 75watts. I believe it's 60 watts iirc? Make sure to check for the update!

CgS_Drone

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
The evic mini comes with the old firmware (I think it still does) the new version bumps it up to 75watts. I believe it's 60 watts iirc? Make sure to check for the update!

Ya seen several posting about it being able to go to 75 watts on the update. I noticed if I had bought the package (with tank) it was already setup for 75 watts. Just the mod like I bought was only saying 60 so I planned to take care of that when it arrived if they hadn't yet.

RedFive420

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Maxing out at 40w, I would suggest going with 26g. 8 wraps with a 2.5mm diameter.
Should put you with a very nice vape at 40w.
Later on as you get more power at your disposal, 24g or 22g. At 40w it would take some time for the 24g to heat up, with 26g you'll get immediate vapor and happiness.

this sounds like just what i needed ........ thanks

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Ya seen several posting about it being able to go to 75 watts on the update. I noticed if I had bought the package (with tank) it was already setup for 75 watts. Just the mod like I bought was only saying 60 so I planned to take care of that when it arrived if they hadn't yet.
With FW upgrade V2.0, your VTC Mini will have 75W AND TC for SS wire as well.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
With FW upgrade V2.0, your VTC Mini will have 75W AND TC for SS wire as well.
Has anyone said which variant of ss?
Is: 316, 304, 316l or 317?

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Has anyone said which variant of ss?
Is: 316, 304, 316l or 317?
The only thing, I know, it's working flawlessly with my Crown replacement heads, and my MT-RTA, that has a UD 316L 28g dual coil build in it.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
The only thing, I know, it's working flawlessly with my Crown replacement heads, and my MT-RTA, that has a UD 316L 28g dual coil build in it.
That would make sense. I think most of the prefab coils are 316l.
Thanks dude!

RedFive420

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
2 months ago when i was quitting smoking and started vaping and doing my research i stumbled on a few videos on dripping and said to myself ........ thats just crazy and way too much work. well thanks to much research and lots of helpful advise from you guys on VU im proud to say im a dripper. OMG love it ,love it ,love it ,such great flavor and so enjoyable making your own coils (relaxing i would say even)...... anyway here is a pic of where im starting......... i braided 2 pieces of 28 together

Attachments

• 20151128_152705.jpg
    20151128_152705.jpg
    536.8 KB · Views: 15
  • 20151128_152755.jpg
    20151128_152755.jpg
    339.9 KB · Views: 14

CgS_Drone

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Very clean looking wraps there, I would close the loops up a bit more but other than that welcome to dripping.

Which RDA are you on?

Joe_kr

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Look good man! What RDA did you get?

As for what cgs_drone said, get some tweezers, fire the kanthal glowing (without the cotton, and pulse the button) get it glowing and gently squeeze the coil together to "tidy" it up. Other than that, awesome job on ur first build! Mine was a trusted 24g build.

Also if you think building is relaxing, wait till you try to build ur first Clapton coil. I thru my fuckin drill across the room lol

CgS_Drone

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I thru my fuckin drill across the room lol

Damnit I just made my first Clapton and only bought the drill this morning. Hell I had to drive on ice covered roads to get it too, I can't throw it yet. Maybe next time.

Besides its a harbor freight special for $16 so no great loss if I did. I will leave my Dewalts outside so I don't do that to them :D

Joe_kr

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Damnit I just made my first Clapton and only bought the drill this morning. Hell I had to drive on ice covered roads to get it too, I can't throw it yet. Maybe next time.

Besides its a harbor freight special for $16 so no great loss if I did. I will leave my Dewalts outside so I don't do that to them :D

Don't worry, they are resilient lol

VU Sponsors