Become a Patron!

My first recipe

Axe_DinGo

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hi everyone, after some weeks of trials with recipes I finally made something that tastes good (at least for me).

I don't have a name yet since I don't think it's a sensational recipe and I'm pretty sure it needs some improvements.
I would appreciate any tips or suggestions.

Dingo's Triple A

FA Fuji 2%
FA Almond 2%
FA Anice 0.5%

Edit: Added recipe name. Lowered Anice to .5%

Variations: raise Anice to .75 or 1% if you want a fresh vape.
As suggested by user Daintanee you can also add 2% Cookie and 1% cherry.

Last edited:

gingerbread

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Congratulations!
Working name suggestion = Fuji superstar sample 1
I am sure suggestions on how to improve the flavour will come but "Head in the Clouds" (hic) is good and maybe able to advise. So is Daintanee. Daintanee gave me the following links below which maybe helpful to you.
- hic as a store on gumroad which as free notes on all FA.
Goodluck

Last edited:

gingerbread

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Last edited:

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Hi everyone, after some weeks of trials with recipes I finally made something that tastes good (at least for me).

I don't have a name yet since I don't think it's a sensational recipe and I'm pretty sure it needs some improvements.

FA Fuji 2%
FA Almond 2%
FA Anice 1%

Looks good, but I'd lower the Anice to 0.5% as it's a pretty strong flavor IMO.
Well, unless you really like it up front that is...

You should also try some 2% Fuji + 2% Cookie:D.
Or even just add 2% Cookie to your recipe.

RonJS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Hello. Sorry l know. I tried them and they did not work. Went to look at where l had gone wrong and this post had disappeared! Now it is back l will look again.

I can't remember who posted this before here, (Thanks!) but it was suggested when posting some links to drop the http:// part and starting with www. It's worked for me with several non-VU links. YMMV

Ron
---
"When you got your hand in the lion's mouth, don't do nothin' til you get it out."- Big Bill Broonzy

gingerbread

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I can't remember who posted this before here, (Thanks!) but it was suggested when posting some links to drop the http:// part and starting with www. It's worked for me with several non-VU links. YMMV

Ron
---
"When you got your hand in the lion's mouth, don't do nothin' til you get it out."- Big Bill Broonzy
Thank you Ron, that might explain what happened.
Regarding your quote - Who in their right mind would put their hand in a lion's mouth?;)
Also what does YMMV stand for?

RonJS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Who in their right mind would put their hand in a lion's mouth?;)
Also what does YMMV stand for?

"written abbreviation for your mileage may vary: used to warn people that a piece of advice, although it has helped you, might not help them"
---

"Who in their right mind would put their hand in a lion's mouth?" ???

I guess the circus does not visit your area? :D

Ron
----
"Just as no one can be forced into belief, so no one can be forced into unbelief."- Sigmund Freud

Foggz

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

haha.. right .. def a strong flavor .. altho... even tho I usually pass on the anisette re the expresso (real stuff, not vape) I do recall a few times where once you start just sipping the anisette ... you end up killing the bottle before you know it.. lol

gingerbread

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
"written abbreviation for your mileage may vary: used to warn people that a piece of advice, although it has helped you, might not help them"
---

Ron
----
"Just as no one can be forced into belief, so no one can be forced into unbelief."- Sigmund Freud

---

Ron
----
Thank you again Ron.
The circus does come to my town, but the attraction is people doing acrobats etc, not animals. Sooo not PC these days in the UK.
Good quote, thus l have nothing to say because you quoted the word unbelief ;), but if he had said disbelief well.....

Last edited:

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
http://www.hicsmixes.com/notes-etc.html. Tahdah!!

I like the cookie idea heabob.

Also, Ron is right. Not all same advice works for everyone. Some of us taste things differently and some prefer certain flavors stronger or weaker than others. People can tweak recipes to their personal palette. A lot of trial and error. A learning process, but fun and enjoyable with the wonderful people here imo.

gingerbread

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Tahear indeed. Just could not get mine to work! But will try Ron's method next time.

gingerbread

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I just go to said site, copy and paste link and it works. Perhaps it depends on device one is using. No idea. Takes me forever to figure out technology.
Good idea. I just typed it in. Why didn"t l think of doing that,lol:idea: Next thing to learn is to upload pictures via VU tool or other method.

Axe_DinGo

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

You should also try some 2% Fuji + 2% Cookie:D.
Or even just add 2% Cookie to your recipe.
I don't know, I started with lower Anice but the flavor wasn't here. I like how I feel it at 1%. It's not really here until you exhale through nose. The first thing you feel is the warm vapor apple flavored, then you feel the Almond on the tongue and at last Anice while exhaling.

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well, I can do it from pics on my phone using taptalk. But when I copy a pic online from computer sometimes it's too big to insert. So, sometimes I can, sometimes not. I think, and I may b wrong, that you have to have the pic you want to paste to vu on your device to b able to insert it. I know some use photobucket, but I don't understand that. I need step by step visual instructions.

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I don't know, I started with lower Anice but the flavor wasn't here. I like how I feel it at 1%. It's not really here until you exhale through nose. The first thing you feel is the warm vapor apple flavored, then you feel the Almond on the tongue and at last Anice while exhaling.
See, that is what I am saying...for instance heabob May get that sensation at .5% where you get it better at 1%. We are all a little different in how we taste, or what we prefer. Both Fuji and Anise are great flavors.

gingerbread

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Well, I can do it from pics on my phone using taptalk. But when I copy a pic online from computer sometimes it's too big to insert. So, sometimes I can, sometimes not. I think, and I may b wrong, that you have to have the pic you want to paste to vu on your device to b able to insert it. I know some use photobucket, but I don't understand that. I need step by step visual instructions.
Thank you download the app.

RonJS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
:idea: Next thing to learn is to upload pictures via VU tool or other method.

I use Google Chrome (desktop computer not phone) and next to the button called Post Reply is one called Upload a file.
click that
Up pops up something and click on Choose File.
Find the pic file you want to post and click it.
You should then see the thumb of that pic. with 2 choice buttons below where you type text for your post.
Move & click your cursor (mouse thingy) where you want the pic. to show up in your post.
Then click Full Image where those Choice buttons are.
When you are ready to post your message...click Post ( or mebbe Post Reply ) and...Vi-ola!
bb1e66867f3b9e14155a3f6e08287a58.jpg
Sorry if I was too technical.:eek:
Ron
---
"I never apologize. I’m sorry, but that’s just the way I am."- Homer Simpson

gingerbread

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I use Google Chrome (desktop computer not phone) and next to the button called Post Reply is one called Upload a file.
click that
You should then see the thumb of that pic. with 2 choice buttons below where you type text for your post.
Move & click your cursor (mouse thingy) where you want the pic. to show up in your post.
When you are ready to post your message...click Post ( or mebbe Post Reply ) and...Vi-ola!
View attachment 54404
Ron
---
Thanks Ron
Will give it a try. The "www." did not work for me. Maybe it is my phone or more likely me!

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
click that
View attachment 54404
Ron
---
Nice...you rock Ron!! My simple mind understood. TY!! Muchos Gracias Senior Ron!!

RonJS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Nice...you rock Ron!! My simple mind understood. TY!! Muchos Gracias Senior Ron!!

You are very welcome!
I don't know how it may work with a phone; I've never tried it.

Ron
---
"In time, all things work to your advantage when you pursue them with an open heart."- Miyamoto Musashi

gingerbread

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
You are very welcome!
I don't know how it may work with a phone; I've never tried it.

Ron
---
"In time, all things work to your advantage when you pursue them with an open heart."- Miyamoto Musashi
It did not work on my simple mind as l am using a smart phone,lol. I did try!

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It did not work on my simple mind as l am using a smart phone,lol. I did try!
No it don't work on stupid smartphones that way. Mine is so stupidly smart I just stare at it sometimes bc I just can't figure it out. Yes I come here via taptalk on my phone and type. I'm usually not on taptalk and am on my kindle text type hitting the letters on the flat screen with one finger. I don't think I could go as fast on keyboard. I'm an odd duck.

gingerbread

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
No it don't work on stupid smartphones that way. Mine is so stupidly smart I just stare at it sometimes bc I just can't figure it out. Yes I come here via taptalk on my phone and type. I'm usually not on taptalk and am on my kindle text type hitting the letters on the flat screen with one finger. I don't think I could go as fast on keyboard. I'm an odd duck.
I'm an old duck too! I will figure it out on Tapatalk. It cannot be that difficult. My Smart phone is just too handy to use my tablet or laptop instead.

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Smartphones not so smart after all. You mean you can't type on taptalk on phone? What kind of phone?

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

FA Fuji 2%
FA Almond 2%
FA Anice 1%
I think I'll mix some up exactly as written and give her a try. Let you know what I think & taste.

gingerbread

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Smartphones not so smart after all. You mean you can't type on taptalk on phone? What kind of phone?
I think this question is for me. All is well
I now know how to take pics etc with Tapatalk. Pleased you liked the typo:teehee:

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Not too shabby! A bit too much anise for me personally. I added 2% FA Cookie and I liked it even better. Apple-Almond cookies= Yum, yum! I then went on to add 1% FA Cherry. I dunno why, but when I think of almonds I think of cherries. This is pretty good. The anise still shines through along with the Fuji and almond, but you may wish to try with .5% FA Cherry. Anyway, those are pretty good additions if you want to try something different to add or play with %'s. You could also try a little cinnamon if you want some spice or perhaps Catalan cream....maybe .5% of one or the other. Just thoughts swirling around in my head. I do like the 1% anise better with the cookie and cherry addition, but that is my personal palette.

Thank You Axe! I was looking for something different to vape on. The only other thing that comes to mind is perhaps for a bit of a tart effect you could try .5% FA Pomegranate.

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I might play more with it later...I'm off to watch Robin Hood!! If you try any of above additions let me know what you think. Just bc I like it doesn't mean you will like it better, but it gives you ideas.

RonJS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I dunno why, but when I think of almonds I think of cherries.

It could be the pits...(the cherry ones :))

"It’s a matter of crushing them–they give a similar flavor as almond extract.”
http://www.bonappetit.com/recipes/article/how-to-use-stone-fruit-pits

"Peach, apricot, cherry and plum pits all contain a delicious little almond-flavored kernel inside their hard shells. The French pitch the pits and keep the kernel, calling it noyau. They use it to make all kinds of super tasty things like marzipan, amaretto and (surprise) almond extract."
http://bravetart.com/blog/ThePits

Ron
----
"Being a fool for a woman such as yourself is always the right thing to do."-Esteban Vihaio

Axe_DinGo

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Not too shabby! A bit too much anise for me personally. I added 2% FA Cookie and I liked it even better. Apple-Almond cookies= Yum, yum! I then went on to add 1% FA Cherry. I dunno why, but when I think of almonds I think of cherries. This is pretty good. The anise still shines through along with the Fuji and almond, but you may wish to try with .5% FA Cherry. Anyway, those are pretty good additions if you want to try something different to add or play with %'s. You could also try a little cinnamon if you want some spice or perhaps Catalan cream....maybe .5% of one or the other. Just thoughts swirling around in my head. I do like the 1% anise better with the cookie and cherry addition, but that is my personal palette.

Thank You Axe! I was looking for something different to vape on. The only other thing that comes to mind is perhaps for a bit of a tart effect you could try .5% FA Pomegranate.
Thanks for the advices, I'll try some variations these days and eventually update the original post.

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Oh me! I just mixed up another 12 ml of your Fuji/Almond/Anise @ your posted %'s with 2% Cookie & 1% Cherry. This is so good. It would have never occurred to me to mix the first 3 flavors together. I'm really enjoying this. TY so much. I'm putting in my recipe notebook labeling it "Axe_DinGo's "AAA" Cookies"! Triple A's for Apple Almond Anise!!

Axe_DinGo

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Oh me! I just mixed up another 12 ml of your Fuji/Almond/Anise @ your posted %'s with 2% Cookie & 1% Cherry. This is so good. It would have never occurred to me to mix the first 3 flavors together. I'm really enjoying this. TY so much. I'm putting in my recipe notebook labeling it "Axe_DinGo's "AAA" Cookies"! Triple A's for Apple Almond Anise!!
And I totally love the name!

Daintanee

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Dingo's Triple A

FA Fuji 2%
FA Almond 2%
FA Anice 0.5%

Edit: Added recipe name. Lowered Anice to .5%

Variations: raise Anice to .75 or 1% if you want a fresh vape.
As suggested by user Daintanee you can also add 2% Cookie and 1% cherry.
Yay you!! Love the name! I'm vaping some now! Very rich and creamy!

VU Sponsors