Become a Patron!

My gripe with USPS

Chaotic_Vapes

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I ordered a mod and batteries from different sites last Friday, both supposed to be same day shipping and if not then the next day. I typed the wrong zip code for the batteries and emailed them immediately.

Well Friday comes and the mods on its way, no word on batteries. Finally hear from the battery guys on Monday that they'll fix it Tuesday even though with same day/day after shipping they probably could have done it on Saturday.

Mod comes on Tuesday and requires a signature, guy never came to the door or left a delivery notice. Just marked it as a failed delivery and left I guess so I'll be going to the post office to pick it up. Batteries should be here on Friday.

The batteries weren't USPS's fault but the mod was. Not to mention that 70% of my orders go untracked. I just get shipping label printed then all of a sudden it's in my box 3 days later. I just get pissed off that I pay them extra to track a package and they don't do it.

Anybody else get problems like this with USPS?

Sent from my dos terminal.

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I ordered a mod and batteries from different sites last Friday, both supposed to be same day shipping and if not then the next day. I typed the wrong zip code for the batteries and emailed them immediately.

Well Friday comes and the mods on its way, no word on batteries. Finally hear from the battery guys on Monday that they'll fix it Tuesday even though with same day/day after shipping they probably could have done it on Saturday.

Mod comes on Tuesday and requires a signature, guy never came to the door or left a delivery notice. Just marked it as a failed delivery and left I guess so I'll be going to the post office to pick it up. Batteries should be here on Friday.

The batteries weren't USPS's fault but the mod was. Not to mention that 70% of my orders go untracked. I just get shipping label printed then all of a sudden it's in my box 3 days later. I just get pissed off that I pay them extra to track a package and they don't do it.

Anybody else get problems like this with USPS?

Sorry to hear that!
I'm lucky I guess because all my items has arrived on time every time via USPS.. I also have my billing address linked to my PO Box I use for all vape mail...like you, I had to sign for a few mods, which I did at the post office when tracking notified me it was delivered..highly recommend a PO Box..its great!

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Chaotic_Vapes

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
That's no worse than FedEx leaving $1000 worth of camera gear wedged in my SIDE door, in the f'n rain. At least my postman does knock.
God damn. I bet you're FedUp with them.

Would think that the mailmen that are federal, extension of the government, would do their jobs better than ups for example.

PuffPuffPass

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Mail carriers are second only to toll booth operators in the lazy as F category.

But FedEx? Those guys are mostly bottom feeder contractors. When I miss a package. I immediately check the neighbor on the other street. He's gotten more than one of my deliveries.

jimbodaddy74

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
My mail carrier never knocks. But he'll sit in the driveway and honk a few times. If I don't hear and run out like Usain Bolt, he throws a card in my mailbox.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
No our mail carriers are great it is just the Website that doesn't update. It will show delivered 3 days after I have gotten it.

Severs

Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
None of them are very good, USPS, UPS, or FedEx. USPS leaves all my stuff at the bottom of my stairs outside if it cant fit in my mailbox. UPS takes everything to the wrong address. And FedEx is just plain slow with terrible excuses.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I have no problem with deliveries that is usually pretty good. UPS and FedEx at least I can track deliveries and get estimated delivery times. A good amount of equipment is shipped to sites and you have to plan arrival time to coincide. USPS if it say my end of the end it could be here at 8AM or 8PM.

VU Sponsors