Become a Patron!

My mod vs RTA

Hi..............
So, I have a Desire x Mod, GeekVape Aegis X, GeekVape aegis Legend? And Smoke Mag (the gun one)..

I'm currently using the Smok TFV16 it's a 27mm base fits perfectly on all four mods, but I'm seeing 31mm RTAs.

My question is. Can my mods handle an rta or do I need a new mod? Also I'll take all suggestions on RTAs and Mods

Last edited:

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Hi, and welcome to VU.
FYI, there's and edit function if you want to make changes to your post(s).

As long as the atomizer will screw onto the mod, it will work, provided to mod can deliver the necessary power.
Would this be your first RTA?

lak611

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Whether or not the RTA has overhang on a mod is just a matter of aesthetics. If it's got a 510 pin it should attach. Then it's just a matter of whether or not your mod will handle the coil build in your RTA.

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk

Hi, and welcome to VU.
FYI, there's and edit function if you want to make changes to your post(s).

As long as the atomizer will screw onto the mod, it will work, provided to mod can deliver the necessary power.
Would this be your first RTA?
Yeah I accidentally hit post on the first one and couldn't figure out how to delete it. This will be my first RTA, I'm mostly looking for more flavor and figure RTA would deliver both flavor and more nicotine

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
To illustrate the point with an extreme example, this is a 40mm RTA on a teeny weeny little little 40 watt (max) mod. Yes, it will screw on there and yes, if I really tried I could make it fire with some very high resistance low mass build.

However, the two are absolutely not made for each other..

My friends have already answered your question directly, but make sure you really want a huge 30 plus mm tank. There are downsides. Not least of which is that in order to get a good vape from it, you'll need a larger higher power build, which there's nothing wrong with, but it will drain your batteries a lot faster and drink juice like there's no PMTA.

Being that you're just starting out with building, I'm inclined to recommend something a bit more moderate and versatile. You can get a fantastic satisfying vape from a good 24mm RTA that can probably be had for peanuts right now. AND it would fit on all your mods.
20200424_201237_cr.jpg

Last edited:
To illustrate the point, this is a 40mm RTA on a teeny weeny little little 40 watt (max) mod. Yes, it will screw on there and yes, if I really tried I could make it fire with some very high resistance low mass build.

However, the two are absolutely not made for each other..

My friends have already answered your question directly, but make sure you really want a huge tank like that. There are downsides. Not least of which is that in order to get a good vape from it, you'll need a large higher power build, which there's nothing wrong with, but it will drain your batteries a lot faster and drink juice like there's no PMTA.

Being that you're just starting out with building, I'm inclined to recommend something a bit more moderate and versatile. You can get a fantastic satisfying vape from a good 24mm RTA that can probably be had for peanuts right now. AND it would fit on all your mods.
View attachment 173223
Hot dwam that thing is massive. I think I'll stick with 28mm and smaller. Thanks for your input

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Do you have any vape tools? Tweezers, screwdrivers, scissors, snips.......?

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Legend mods, in my opinion, just cry out for Zeus RTAs. I'm kind of a Geekvape fan anyway. But none of the Zeus RTAs are the easiest to build for someone new to rebuildables. In all honesty, again in my opinion, the Zeus X Mesh is about the easiest, but you need to watch a video or two to get the technique of wicking mesh. If it isn't done right, you'll get dry hits from hell, and that's no fun.

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
What kind of deal(s)---(lookin)

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
OK. I don't see any specials for when buying an RTA from them. It's good reputable site though.
Oh, ok, a few sites have that. Not always best deal though. for example, $6. for cotton bacon prime and I got twice as much for the same amount. But an easy way to shop for what you need and have it all come in one package or the same day.

Keep in mind that you will eventually have several or many rebuildables.

I don’t own any of these 3 but easily could and are sure to have super good flavor and have excellent reviews. Any or all would be great for a 1st time builder imo. Simple to build and we all like that.

Top airflow stops them from leaking or seeping out of any bottom air flow openings due to improper wicking.
https://www.vandyvape.com/atomizer/rta/atomizer/rta/atomizer/rta/atomizer/rta/Kylin-mini-v2-rta/

https://www.hellvape.com/rta/destiny-rta.html

You’d probably like Steam Crave’s Aromamizer RDTA’s. Several version’s over the yrs. Newest is the 25mm Plus V3. If so, the Plus V3 advanced kit would be the way to go. Comes with 3 decks, single coil, dual coil, mesh. Like the others, it has juice flow control so if your wicking in the ports is a little thin you can control how much juice.

Last edited:

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
So above I edited my reply... Rdta is basically a rda, right? Or is it a drip tank?
Most RDTAs have the tank on the bottom. I'm thinkin because of how the Aromamizer's have designed the wicking, it's still considered an RTDA. Same thing only different, and upside down.
Compare:

vs

So not like an RDA (although aromamizer can be one)

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
I like the looks of the Plus V2 over the Plus V3's tall and skinny. But 30mm limits where you can put it if you don't want overhang.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Just a humble opinion/advice here, ...

If you're totally new to building you might want to consider a specific RDA. The Velocity V2 styled RDA is a nice clone/styled one. It is also rather forgiving for new builders, as well as serving as a means of instruction. One can build single or dual coil on these and do fine.

The one I link has a tiny grub screw in the 510 pin. You can either use the RDA to drip regular, or to squonk. If you choose squonking you'll take the tiny grub screw out of the bottom of the 510 pin.

Please understand I'm not attempting to steer you into using RDAs, or tell you how to vape here. What I am offering is a different way to learn building. It might be helpful or not. You can also ignore my advice/opinion fully. I will not be the slightest bit worried, upset if you do ignore it.

Just as @Vape Fan, I don't know it all either. :) I'm actually happy not knowing it all. It lets me worry less.

Last edited:
Just a humble opinion/advice here, ...

If you're totally new to building you might want to consider a specific RDA. The Velocity V2 styled RDA is a nice clone/styled one. It is also rather forgiving for new builders, as well as serving as a means of instruction. One can build single or dual coil on these and do fine.

The one I link has a tiny grub screw in the 510 pin. You can either use the RDA to drip regular, or to squonk. If you choose squonking you'll take the tiny grub screw out of the bottom of the 510 pin.

Please understand I'm not attempting to steer you into using RDAs, or tell you how to vape here. What I am offering is a different way to learn building. It might be helpful or not. You can also ignore my advice/opinion fully. I will not be the slightest bit worried, upset if you do ignore it.

Just as @Vape Fan, I don't know it all either. :) I'm actually happy not knowing it all. It lets me worry less.
All opinions matter, new to building so I appreciate the input. I have been looking into rdas but having a tank is more suitable especially in my line of work.
I've looked into squonk, but I think I need to see it be used in person to appreciate the idea more.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
All opinions matter, new to building so I appreciate the input. I have been looking into rdas but having a tank is more suitable especially in my line of work.
I've looked into squonk, but I think I need to see it be used in person to appreciate the idea more.

@Wb80 probably gave you one of the best suggestions. I've heard several other people recommend the Dead Rabbit RTA as being a good one for starters.

lak611

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@Wb80 probably gave you one of the best suggestions. I've heard several other people recommend the Dead Rabbit RTA as being a good one for starters.
Personally, I've found that the original Dead Rabbit RTA is a bit lacking in the flavour department. Whether I build dual coils or single coil, the flavour is muted. For flavour and DL or restricted lung, the Wotofo ORFF and the Wotofo Serpent SMM are great single coil RTA's. The Geekvape Zeus X is a great dual coil RTA for DL and flavour.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Bigrick

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Personally, I've found that the original Dead Rabbit RTA is a bit lacking in the flavour department. Whether I build dual coils or single coil, the flavour is muted. For flavour and DL or restricted lung, the Wotofo ORFF and the Wotofo Serpent SMM are great single coil RTA's. The Geekvape Zeus X is a great dual coil RTA for DL and flavour.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Agree on the Zeus X. It is imo a great rta.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I have started a thread in general re buidables and have purchased a squonk with rda!

I think you'll like squonking & using RDAs. One other thing I suggest is trying wide bore 810 drip tips. If you've been around some alternate culture, think you''ll like these kind of drip tips.

rBVaVFyI0NeALT9nAAE2-arRynA441.jpg

VU Sponsors